Mistakes by the Ref

Started by Frank Casey, October 22, 2007, 10:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doire abú

Boys just to clear the Bradley thing up. You can ask anyone at the match, Bradley tapped the ref on the shoulder to get his attention to point him to the scoreboard (ref said the game ended a draw even though the scoreboard said Glenullin beat An Lúb by a point). Now if the captain can't tap the referee on the shoulder to bring up a grievance with him then I'm not quite sure what our sport's turning into.

Even three or four boys who don't like Paddy at all have backed that up.

But sure then again the truth isn't as exciting is it?

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: Doire abú on October 26, 2007, 11:30:39 AM
Boys just to clear the Bradley thing up. You can ask anyone at the match, Bradley tapped the ref on the shoulder to get his attention to point him to the scoreboard (ref said the game ended a draw even though the scoreboard said Glenullin beat An Lúb by a point). Now if the captain can't tap the referee on the shoulder to bring up a grievance with him then I'm not quite sure what our sport's turning into.

look I'm not going to go into this whole thing again...if any of the posters reading this want to thrawl the derry pages and see where it was discussed, you will find a number of accounts on the episode that totally contradict Doire abu account. He is saying that the ref in his report lied...and thast is the reason why PB got his suspension. I won't post on this again.

Doire abú

I can only go what I heard and as I say I've heard from sources who hate Paddy Bradley (and we all know theres a few of them in Derry), that he didn't nothing wrong. I'm not saying there hasn't been incidents in the past where he could've got sent off, but this wasn't one of them.

Frank Casey

Quote from: timmykelleher on October 25, 2007, 09:50:11 AM
This GAA lark is riddled with anti-Cork bias.  >:(

And proper order too ;D ;D ;D
KERRY 3:7

gaagaa

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on October 26, 2007, 11:35:40 AM
Quote from: Doire abú on October 26, 2007, 11:30:39 AM

look I'm not going to go into this whole thing again...if any of the posters reading this want to thrawl the derry pages and see where it was discussed, you will find a number of accounts on the episode that totally contradict Doire abu account. He is saying that the ref in his report lied...and thast is the reason why PB got his suspension. I won't post on this again.

Yeah but who really wrote the referee's report ;D ;D ;D ;D  those posters from derry will know what i am on about
Anyone who was neutral at the match that i spoke to clearly stated that bradley tapped the ref on the shoulder and pointed to the scoreboard which reflected the correct score.  they also told me that one of the management team from the opposition helped stir up the pot big time.
bradley's arrogance has made him no friends but he still deserved fair play

orangeman

Fair play ? Sure he got fair play - Fergal Logan got him off - tonight he has an All Star, A Railway Cup Medal and a county medal l- not bad for a mna who was suspended a while back and didn't have to serve his term !!!!!!!

gaagaa

Quote from: orangeman on October 28, 2007, 12:00:39 AM
Fair play ? Sure he got fair play - Fergal Logan got him off - tonight he has an All Star, A Railway Cup Medal and a county medal l- not bad for a mna who was suspended a while back and didn't have to serve his term !!!!!!!

he served long enough for wot hes did.  didnt deserve all star this year tho (or railway medal).  season not over yet either

orangeman

But he was technially not suspended and wouldn't have served a suspension. He is a free man !

gaagaa

Quote from: orangeman on October 28, 2007, 11:07:31 AM
But he was technially not suspended and wouldn't have served a suspension. He is a free man !

absolutely

free the glenullin 1 ;D ;D

orangeman

All star, county medal , inter pro medal etc etc etc - some haul - and the season isn't finished yet !