New Jerseys?

Started by Farrandeelin, September 22, 2007, 07:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baile an tuaigh

Dunloy have a beautiful club crest, but the sponsorship logo is almost 7 times bigger. The jersey is lovely and not to tacky but it becomes more about the sponsorship. I understand these sponsors give a lot of money to the club but the regular fan should be able to buy a shirt without all the advertising.

I see Westmeath are going to put more advertising on their sleeves now. It's getting closer to a nascar look very unattractive.

Less is more for me. Plain and simple.

Eire90

exactly who wants to be a walking advertising board

JimStynes

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on December 21, 2021, 01:41:51 PM

Dunloy have a beautiful club crest, but the sponsorship logo is almost 7 times bigger. The jersey is lovely and not to tacky but it becomes more about the sponsorship. I understand these sponsors give a lot of money to the club but the regular fan should be able to buy a shirt without all the advertising.

I see Westmeath are going to put more advertising on their sleeves now. It's getting closer to a nascar look very unattractive.

The second one must be freezing

Captain Obvious

Quote from: JimStynes on December 21, 2021, 07:12:15 PM

Or aroused.

JoG2

Quote from: JimStynes on December 21, 2021, 07:12:15 PM

We were all thinking it Jim!  ;D

donelli

Quote from: barnish oggie on December 16, 2021, 03:58:56 PM
Quote from: themac_23 on December 08, 2021, 10:43:43 AM
Quote from: toby47 on December 07, 2021, 09:58:34 AM
Quote from: naka on December 06, 2021, 03:31:15 PM
like the new letrim jersey by mc keever
its quite a trditional style

McKeever doing well. The Leitrim & the new black Armagh jersey are both 2 lovely jerseys by them.

Yeah nice and crisp, simple design. i just think GAA jerseys are a rip off, only thing is most counties keep them for 2 years but still £53 for an adult Leitrim jersey is a bit much

that is where shootjerseys becomes your friend......although you can't get Leitrim there!

Anyone get gaa jerseys from shootjerseys? quality up to it or poor replica?

JoG2

Quote from: donelli on December 22, 2021, 03:04:32 PM

McKeever doing well. The Leitrim & the new black Armagh jersey are both 2 lovely jerseys by them.

Yeah nice and crisp, simple design. i just think GAA jerseys are a rip off, only thing is most counties keep them for 2 years but still £53 for an adult Leitrim jersey is a bit much

that is where shootjerseys becomes your friend......although you can't get Leitrim there!

Are folk on here actually buying counterfeit GAA gear from SE Asia? A false economy as the quality will be nowhere near O'Neills, McKeever, MFC etc. Shop local and help maintain local jobs.

themac_23

Quote from: JoG2 on December 22, 2021, 07:50:55 PM

Are folk on here actually buying counterfeit GAA gear from SE Asia? A false economy as the quality will be nowhere near O'Neills, McKeever, MFC etc. Shop local and help maintain local jobs.

What makes you say the quality won't be as good? I haven't used it but there's plenty of companies importing their stuff from Asia i know O'Neill's produce all their stuff in Ireland but I think some of the others get theirs imported. A fella I know has a contact in china and his exact words were 'if I sent you over them 2 of you would come back' said they can pretty much copy anything to near perfection.

johnnycool

Fúck, don't start me on O'Neills quality. Just picked my stuff from the club which I'd ordered via their clubhub crap and when I got home there was a big stain on the front of one of the jumpers. You could see that someone had tried to clean it and made it all ballie..

Tried three times to email their sales rep, clubhub and the likes but no response and got an out of the office from their rep.
Spoke to the girl in the club who looks after this and her heart is broken with them this week as a lot of stuff still hasn't arrived and she too can't get in contact with anyone about this either.

Time to look elsewhere.

PMG1

Quote from: johnnycool on December 23, 2021, 02:06:36 PM

Fúck, don't start me on O'Neills quality. Just picked my stuff from the club which I'd ordered via their clubhub crap and when I got home there was a big stain on the front of one of the jumpers. You could see that someone had tried to clean it and made it all ballie..

Tried three times to email their sales rep, clubhub and the likes but no response and got an out of the office from their rep.
Spoke to the girl in the club who looks after this and her heart is broken with them this week as a lot of stuff still hasn't arrived and she too can't get in contact with anyone about this either.

Time to look elsewhere.
I know I am biased as they are owned by two of my own club men but MFC are first class for quality, price and most importantly customer service, they will go above and beyond any other company I have dealt with and our club has been through them all at some stage

clarshack

Don't know about the GAA jerseys but the soccer jerseys seem grand however you are advised to hand wash and not put them through the machine.

screenexile

Not so pleased about 2 different jerseys in 2 years (which I'm sure is due to the new sponsor) but this one is very nice!

restorepride

Quote from: screenexile on January 07, 2022, 06:21:52 PM
Not so pleased about 2 different jerseys in 2 years (which I'm sure is due to the new sponsor) but this one is very nice!

I agree, nice. Would prefer DOIRE though!!! 

Onthe40

Quote from: trueblue1234 on June 28, 2021, 11:24:12 PM
Quote from: PMG1 on June 24, 2021, 02:21:48 AM
Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on June 23, 2021, 08:47:50 AM
Has anyone had Playr-Fit or SB Sports gear for their clubs? Club has been looking at some kits for U7/U9 etc. Both seem reasonable but not much cheaper than O'Neills. Both are keen to get stuff in though. Not overly sure on the quality of either. I know a local boxing club got the SB stuff and they seem happy with it. Going to look at MFC and Peninsula Sports too. I'm wary of getting more training like tops instead of jerseys but if we're honest even O'Neills jerseys don't last that long anymore. We've ones from 15 years ago and they're in better shape than some of the new ones.
Our club have been using MFC for 4 or 5 years now, top quality gear and 10 times better service than O'Neill's, can't see us ever changing, much better value too

folks am I correct in saying MFC don't do an official match day jersey for competitive games for boys/men..so basically you shouldn't be wearing it outside of go games, non-competitive fixtures etc... only oneill, mckeever and azzuri can provide match day jerseys?

To be fair it would be a poor job if Dromore didn't support MFC.

red hander

Quote from: restorepride on January 07, 2022, 11:01:33 PM
Quote from: screenexile on January 07, 2022, 06:21:52 PM

I agree, nice. Would prefer DOIRE though!!!

Believe it's made of new material specially manufactured to absorb tears.