"Hyper Bowl" surrounding Dubs fixtures in championship

Started by anglocelt39, August 11, 2007, 07:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglocelt39

Not being picky, but was I the only one to pick up Cannings comment just before the throw in that there is normally a ............."Huge amount of Hyper Bowl (I don't think I'm joking here) surrounding these fixtures". I then did my usual trick of turning down Canning and co and turning up Micheal so there may have been more classics............Now I've come to accept blokes commentating on GAH on RTE who might be a bit limited in their appreciation of the finer points of the code, but you usually expect them to have a fairly basic grip of d'oul English.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Leo

Fierce tame altogether

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

we are blue... etc

Quote from: Leo on August 11, 2007, 07:56:17 PM
Are ye being pied antic?

;D ;D

Quote from: anglocelt39 on August 11, 2007, 07:52:49 PM
Not being picky, but was I the only one to pick up Cannings comment just before the throw in that there is normally a ............."Huge amount of Hyper Bowl (I don't think I'm joking here) surrounding these fixtures". I then did my usual trick of turning down Canning and co and turning up Micheal so there may have been more classics............Now I've come to accept blokes commentating on GAH on RTE who might be a bit limited in their appreciation of the finer points of the code, but you usually expect them to have a fairly basic grip of d'oul English.

But there is a huge amount of hyperbole, what's wrong with the lad saying it? Canning's alright I don't mind him. Doesn't detract from watching a match.

anglocelt39

Quote from: Leo on August 11, 2007, 07:56:17 PM
Are ye being pied antic?

That exact thought occured to me leo but ffs it's the national broadcaster and I thought it was pricelesss. I can sort of imagine the mirth the denizens of RTE D4 would get if such slaughtering of the english language was occuring on Radio Muck Savage FM in outer beyond the pale.

Anyway, dubs bandwagon rolls on, looks like a serious end to season in order
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

ludermor

Hardy

It's starting to spread now.O'Leary of Ryanair was saying there on the news that there's a lot of "hyperbowl" in the debate about Shannon-Heathrow.

I blame the Superbowl.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

tayto

Marty says on sunday that the rain might stop soon, he can see some blue clouds in the distance!  :o ;D

Hardy

I heard that too! Nothing he'd say would surprise me though.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: tayto on August 14, 2007, 01:55:51 PM
Marty says on sunday that the rain might stop soon, he can see some blue clouds in the distance!  :o ;D
Almost choked on my luch there reading that  ...LOL  :D :D

Stagmeister

In the second half of the Dublin Derry game when B Brogan knocked the ball down to Alan who then kicked it over the bar Kevin McStay came out with the following comment:

"Great link up play by the Brogan brothers there, thats obviously something they have worked on together up in the.......bedroom "

cavanmaniac

Quote from: Stagmeister on August 14, 2007, 02:13:02 PM
In the second half of the Dublin Derry game when B Brogan knocked the ball down to Alan who then kicked it over the bar Kevin McStay came out with the following comment:

"Great link up play by the Brogan brothers there, thats obviously something they have worked on together up in the.......bedroom "

;D ;D ;D ;D

tayto

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 14, 2007, 02:07:21 PM
Quote from: tayto on August 14, 2007, 01:55:51 PM
Almost choked on my luch there reading that  ...LOL  :D :D

i know, hilarious stuff, he just kept going with it tho after akinda awkward moment.