Leinster minor final 2007

Started by tayto, June 28, 2007, 11:58:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tayto

Kilkenny v Dublin 12.30 this sunday.

Good bunch of Dublin players, I hear they were poor but even so holding Wexford to one point from play is an achievement, although we didnt run away with the scoreline, conditions probably didnt help.

Kilkenny had a narrow enough win over Laois on the same day, given that those matches were the first for both Dublin and KK it's hard to know how the final will go.

Obviously I'm hoping for a Dublin win, it'd be great to kee the momentum going at underage. There's a few very talented dual stars on this team and a leinster title at this age group could keep them hurling.

Dublin players to watch out for are: Treacy, O'Rorke and McMurrow in the forwards with O'Carroll pivitol at the back.

Rushe ruled out of Leinster MHC final

Dublin have suffered a big blow ahead of Sunday's Leinster MHC final against Kilkenny in Croke Park (12.30) with the loss of Liam Rushe through injury.

The powerful Palmerstown man suffered a broken thumb in the semi-final victory over Wexford and has been ruled out.

In his absence Darren Mooney comes into midfield. Rushe underwent surgery on Wednesday and is now a serious doubt for the remainder of Dublin's All-Ireland campaign - the Dubs are guaranteed an All-Ireland quarter-final even if they are not successful on Sunday.

David Treacy has been passed fit despite being taken off injured in last Saturday's semi-final.

103.2 Dublin City Anna Livia Fm will be broadcasting 'live' commentary of the Dublin v Kilkenny Leinster MHC final from Croke Park on Sunday - coverage begins at noon.

DUBLIN (MHC v Kilkenny) - F McGarry; O Gough, E Walsh, P Schutte; P Kelly, R O'Carroll, P Buckeridge; D Mooney, D Whelan; J Cooper, D Treacy, B O'Rorke; N McMurrow, P Garbutt, W Brogan.

Tatler Jack

Well done to the Dubs. Great result for hurling and especially all those working to promote the game in the capital. 

Canalman

Absolutely over the moon. Well done to all involved. On now to PP for the U 21 final v Offaly in around two weeks.

Very hard to grasp the fact that Dublin are now able to match KK at underage level given the almighty drubbings received in the past.

Dublin hurling and the efforts put into it on an almost total voluntary basis is a template for all other counties aspiring to make it big in hurling.Even at that it took over 10 years to do.

Iománaíocht Átha Cliath abú.

INDIANA

never thought i'd ever see the day where a dublin minor team would beat kilkenny off the park - had we won by 15 points it wouldn't have been undeserved.

dodo

Fair play to the Dubs. Hopefully they're back now to stir up the status quo in Leinster and also nationally.

Tatler Jack

Leinster hurling needs a Dublin resurgence and also Offaly to come through. Going by todays Leinster final Wexford are a spent force and are no longer part of the big 2 in Leinster. Unless they do something soon Laois and Carlow will pass them out in the Leinster pecking order.

FermPundit

When did Wexford last win a Leinster minor hurlng title?
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

INDIANA

know i'm biased but only dublin can stop kilkenny in leinster and there is no guarantee with that- offaly are hamstrung with a small popualtion but i think they'll come again. We're producing quality on masse but a breakthrough is still difficult. Offally operate in cycles- small population but generally they can compete even in the lull periods and i think they'll be relatively strong again- but wexford are bolloxed.
I saw the dub minors a week ago in first gear beat wexford by 10 points- they have absolutely nothing coming through and until they rectify that they are heading for the doldrums in a big way.
weford last won a minor in leinster in 1985.

Tatler Jack

Agree Indiana about Wexford - they are really struggling and nothing coming through. Hopefully Dublin can come through and leakage to footballers can be curtailed. Hurling needs this.

Canalman

Hope for Wexford yet. I think that they have started Devpt Squads and have ex County men helping out.Not a quick fix but will pay dividends in the end.
I think they won the Tony Forrestal last year ( I may be wrong).

slow corner back

Well done to the dublin minors today, going by reports it was a pretty convincing win. Two titles in three years is good going. Are the Dublin minors straight through to a AI semi-final now? I assume the cats go to a quarter final via the back door?

The Real Laoislad

Delighted for Dublin today and could have won by more and would have deserved it.There is a change on in Leinster Hurling and i hope the Dublin hurlers can make the breakthrough
You'll Never Walk Alone.

bottlethrower7

Great result for Dublin, but KK were atrocious. There had been talk of a lot of unrest in the camp since before the college all-Ireland semi-finals, and after watching yesterday's shambles, there must be something to it. Dublin were good and were full value for their win, but I don't think this team is as good as the one of 2 years ago. They are efficient in all areas and have a dangerous looking forward line. For the most part they are very light though, and rely as much on their athleticism and speed as on their hurling. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the year pans out for them.

INDIANA

wouldn't overly agree- kk missed some chances but dublin missed two sitters and in my view we should have won by a lot more. In relation to the 05 team -in my opinion this is a much better balanced team i thought the 05 team was heavily reliant on 3-4 outstanding players - there isn't much going to get past that defence and the forwards look better balanced but they will have to be more clinical.
Personally couldn't give a rashers about kilkenny being in disarray- they were very cocky during the week claiming they were going to win by 6-7 points. There was the same in dublin when people were questioning why 12 southside players were starting. KK fans were arguing about 12 north kk men starting. Anytime kk are betaen they always claim it's anything other than a team simply being better than them. which i believe was the case yesterday.

Punxsutawney Fergal

Great to see the Dubs win!! All credit must go to the hard work that has gone into Dublin hurling, just goes to show that with hard work and future planning hurling can be vastly improved in Counties! As a Wexford man I'm praying that the Celtic Tiger keeps roaring and all the local Dubs are priced out of the Dublin housing market... maybe then these Dublin guys will move down to the more affordable Dublin Commuter area of North Wexford hence improving our County team!!