2. Longford
3. Wexford
4. Tipperary
5. Carlow
6. Leitrim
7. London
8. Waterford

Shamrock Shore

This is going to be one hell of a Group.

I hope to get to most of the games. Not sure I have attended a football match in Waterford.

South of the Bann may be close - but I think Wexford are in the mix.
So for me it's Laois, Wexford and Longford (I hope) duelling it out for promotion.

With 4 home games and trips to Laois, Waterford and Wexford it will certainly be a Magical Mystery Tour.

imtommygunn

I think Leitrim could be in the mix. Were they not very unlucky last year?

Itchy

If Tipp can get their main men out playing they will coast this league lads but thats a big IF.

Blowitupref

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 10, 2024, 12:02:18 PMI think Leitrim could be in the mix. Were they not very unlucky last year?

Needed to beat Sligo in round 7 in Carrick on Shannon to gain promotion but lost by a point.

Talk that Keith Beirne top scorer in the league last year with 5-52 (67) won't be playing this year and without him it's hard to see them in the mix.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

imtommygunn

SouthOfThe Bann

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 10, 2024, 01:55:50 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 10, 2024, 12:02:18 PMI think Leitrim could be in the mix. Were they not very unlucky last year?

Needed to beat Sligo in round 7 in Carrick on Shannon to gain promotion but lost by a point.

Talk that Keith Beirne top scorer in the league last year with 5-52 (67) won't be playing this year and without him it's hard to see them in the mix.

Leitrim did the hard work last year beating Laois but then fell flat against Sligo.

Actually finished 5th in the end up which if i'm not mistaken effected them in their Tailteann cup seeding.

mad tan

Opening game massive for both Laois and Longford who ever wins that will have a big say in what happens later on. Andy Moran will be expected to deliver for Leitrim although Keith Beirne is a big loss. 

Horse Box

Quote from: SouthOfThe Bann on January 09, 2024, 02:40:09 PMMy predictions for Division 4 2024.

1. Laois
2. Longford
3. Wexford
4. Tipperary
5. Carlow
6. Leitrim
7. London
8. Waterford

This has been copied straight of the Paddy Power Division 4 Odds Page  ;D   ;D   ;D

SouthOfThe Bann

Quote from: Horse Box on January 11, 2024, 11:32:42 AM
Quote from: SouthOfThe Bann on January 09, 2024, 02:40:09 PMMy predictions for Division 4 2024.

1. Laois
2. Longford
3. Wexford
4. Tipperary
5. Carlow
6. Leitrim
7. London
8. Waterford

This has been copied straight of the Paddy Power Division 4 Odds Page  ;D   ;D   ;D

Fair enough, only difference is Leitrim is ahead of Carlow haha

GAABoardMod5

From Blowitupref on 27 Jan:

Two results

Laois 1-12 Longford 2-7
Tipperary 1-14 Carlow 3-10

Shamrock Shore

Laois full value for their win. Score flattered us. Their goalie was immense - played as a 3rd midfielder for most of the game. Scored 3 points and stopped at least one almost-certain goal.

Laois had a decent game plan. We had feck all.

The O'Byrne curse strikes us again.

Horse Box

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on January 27, 2024, 10:26:10 PMFrom Blowitupref on 27 Jan:

Two results

Laois 1-12 Longford 2-7
Tipperary 1-14 Carlow 3-10

Tough start for Tipperary , 5 chaps making their NFL League debut including the entire Half Back line . Tipp are going through a rebuild with alot of Young Players in the Panel . That said Mark Russell and Conor Sweeney are due back soon after serious injuries . Tipp played really well in stages on Saturday but poor defending cost us 3 goals .

Dougal Maguire

Any word on whether the Laois manager will be on the sideline this evening?
Careful now

Brendan

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on February 03, 2024, 01:50:02 PMAny word on whether the Laois manager will be on the sideline this evening?

Suspended by the Stoops so makes his choice easier for the next working day