Started by Truth hurts, May 18, 2022, 02:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

A week after Bill Gates and George Soros invented the Corona Virus ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

gallsman

Quote from: Rudi on May 20, 2022, 03:09:59 PM
"echo chamber" straight from the antifa / far left dictionary. The rest of your post is the usual inane drivel.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Antifa!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Absolutely incredible scenes. It's an echo chamber because very few people give the slightest toss about what you and your mates have to say. You rant and rave about censorship and free speech, blind to the fact that nobody is stopping you.

The fact the likes of McGuirk and Justin Barrett have little audience isn't anything to do with censorship or some deep state conspiracy or concerted effort from the renowned lefties in the FF/FG coalition or the Tory party.. It's that they're dickheads who an overwhelming majority of the population have no interest in listening to.

Eamonnca1

Meanwhile red states keep on banning books. Remember, every conservative accusation is a confession.

general_lee

Left wing media and political system was enough for me  :o

The Subbie

They don't seem to be promoting real inclusiveness at all
Why don't they let the women join in ???

They'll hardly get any grants with exclusionary carry on like that
Who is advising them ?
Surly they need to get with the times , allow women to take part and possibly get an app going that will allow them to rosary away to their hearts content without blocking up the street
Microsoft rosary or the like
You unmute when it's your turn to offer up the sorrowful mystery of Mary and the wee ass

lenny

Quote from: Rudi on May 20, 2022, 09:43:13 AM
I think prayer is a private thing. I don't like the idea of a collection of people taking over a square in a public area to say the rosary. Some people have innocent purposes, others more sinister.
Rosary should be confined to churches, religious centers & what people do on their own homes as consenting adults is their business.
Personally I say a decade of the rosary every morning on the way to work, my wife & kids wouldn't be aware of this. I got this from my mother, who took huge stock in prayer, but would never force it own any of her kids.

This public rosary for some appears to be a response to the muzzling of people with conservative views by a left wing media & political system. It should be ok for people to question vaccine passports, abortion, same sex marriage without been called bigots, conspiracy theorists etc. This constant filtering of people with conservative/ center right views has pushed some people to the margins.

I'm feed up of the constant media driven left is good, right is baad. Freedom of speech is great as long as you agree with the lefties. You won't get me saying the rosary in a public place all the same, but if a right leaning party with plenty of decent, courageous candidates like Peadar Tobin with some (not all) Gript media principles, I'm on it.

Give me even just one media source which is biased to the left. In the UK almost all newspapers are completely and totally right wing and it ranges from extreme like the mail, the scum and the telegraph, to just very right wing like the times. Tv coverage is also generally right wing like the bbc which toes the government line and lets them off the hook time and time again. The only channel which is remotely left wing is channel 4 and mad nad is going to change their ownership because they have the temerity to criticise this corrupt tory government. As for Aontu they appeal to a small fringe element of fundamentalists and their support will always be restricted to that element.

RedHand88

Quote from: lenny on May 22, 2022, 08:26:44 AM
Quote from: Rudi on May 20, 2022, 09:43:13 AM
I think prayer is a private thing. I don't like the idea of a collection of people taking over a square in a public area to say the rosary. Some people have innocent purposes, others more sinister.
Rosary should be confined to churches, religious centers & what people do on their own homes as consenting adults is their business.
Personally I say a decade of the rosary every morning on the way to work, my wife & kids wouldn't be aware of this. I got this from my mother, who took huge stock in prayer, but would never force it own any of her kids.

This public rosary for some appears to be a response to the muzzling of people with conservative views by a left wing media & political system. It should be ok for people to question vaccine passports, abortion, same sex marriage without been called bigots, conspiracy theorists etc. This constant filtering of people with conservative/ center right views has pushed some people to the margins.

I'm feed up of the constant media driven left is good, right is baad. Freedom of speech is great as long as you agree with the lefties. You won't get me saying the rosary in a public place all the same, but if a right leaning party with plenty of decent, courageous candidates like Peadar Tobin with some (not all) Gript media principles, I'm on it.

Give me even just one media source which is biased to the left. In the UK almost all newspapers are completely and totally right wing and it ranges from extreme like the mail, the scum and the telegraph, to just very right wing like the times. Tv coverage is also generally right wing like the bbc which toes the government line and lets them off the hook time and time again. The only channel which is remotely left wing is channel 4 and mad nad is going to change their ownership because they have the temerity to criticise this corrupt tory government. As for Aontu they appeal to a small fringe element of fundamentalists and their support will always be restricted to that element.

Thr Guardian. The Observer, The Independant, The Daily Mirror, Channel 4, Sunday Mirror....

general_lee

Channel 4 is not left wing, people who think it is tend to be tories. In fact, anything that isn't right wing, like the centrist Independent, is usually considered left wing by tories. The Observer is more centrist than left, likewise the Guardian. The Mirror/Sunday Mirror are pretty much centrist as well, which is about as far left as you can get in mainstream British politics these days.

RedHand88

Quote from: general_lee on May 22, 2022, 09:36:50 AM
Channel 4 is not left wing, people who think it is tend to be tories. In fact, anything that isn't right wing, like the centrist Independent, is usually considered left wing by tories. The Observer is more centrist than left, likewise the Guardian. The Mirror/Sunday Mirror are pretty much centrist as well, which is about as far left as you can get in mainstream British politics these days.

One of the oddities of the modern world is that viewpoints held as left wing for decades are now considered centrist, even though they never actually changed. The meter shifted half a mile to the left and anyone that didn't shift with it is now a centrist or far right.

imtommygunn

The world, and consequently a few on this board, doesn't know it's right from it's left these days.

general_lee

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 22, 2022, 09:48:28 AM
Quote from: general_lee on May 22, 2022, 09:36:50 AM

One of the oddities of the modern world is that viewpoints held as left wing for decades are now considered centrist, even though they never actually changed. The meter shifted half a mile to the left and anyone that didn't shift with it is now a centrist or far right.
They're called conservatives for a reason

Rudi

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 22, 2022, 09:55:23 AM
The world, and consequently a few on this board, doesn't know it's right from it's left these days.

Who are the few that dont know on this board?

Define leff & right.

Milltown Row2

So what's the craic with this thread now? From buck ejjits kneeling in the street and saying the rosary till political views! Christ
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Well there was a thread about the rosary and one particular individual decided to send it off on a tangent about free speech and censorship etc

Rossfan

These lads are free to pray where they want to and I'm not aware if anyone trying to censor them.
Mind you instead of blocking public space they could use any of the 5 or 6,000 Catholic Churches around the Country.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM