Connacht Club championships 2021

Started by Blowitupref, November 14, 2021, 08:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on January 09, 2022, 07:59:49 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on January 09, 2022, 07:38:47 PM
Last time Ballina hosted a Connacht senior final? The Connacht GAA seem to select only MacHale Park, Tuam Stadium, Hyde Park and Pearse stadium for the last number of previous finals.
This FINAL would have been in McHale only for it's not available.

Incorrect. KNOCKMORE play home Connacht games in Ballina. But believe whatever the hell you want.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rudi

Youse could have done with Padraig Brogan today Farr.

Itchy

Disappointing display from Knockmore and some really daft shooting in the last 5 minutes when they needed a goal. We done to Pearses though, by far the better team on the day I think.

Rossfan

Connacht Council decides venue for the FINAL, not Knockmore.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Mayo4Sam

Last time Ballina hosted a Connacht senior final? The Connacht GAA seem to select only MacHale Park, Tuam Stadium, Hyde Park and Pearse stadium for the last number of previous finals.

Castlebar and Ballintubber use Castlebar. North Mayo teams use Ballina
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Rossfan on January 09, 2022, 09:07:30 PM
Connacht Council decides venue for the FINAL, not Knockmore.

2022, 2007, 2004, 2000, 1999 & 1996 finals all finals with North Mayo teams having home advantage and all played in North Mayo. But you're probably right, it would have been Castlebar if it was open

Wildweasel74

Poor enough venue alright, Pearses by far the better team

Blowitupref

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 09, 2022, 09:28:09 PM

Mayo seniors use to play NFL games in Ballina. Seems to be a venue that's fallen out of favour the last decade.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 09, 2022, 10:22:19 PM

Mayo seniors use to play NFL games in Ballina. Seems to be a venue that's fallen out of favour the last decade.

Mayo games have too big an attendance to be played anywhere other than Castlebar these days

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 09, 2022, 10:38:37 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on January 09, 2022, 10:22:19 PM

Mayo games have too big an attendance to be played anywhere other than Castlebar these days
Be far better to fill Ballina than drag your supporters over to Carrick for a "home" game.

Farrandeelin

Anyways, best of luck to Pearses in the All-Ireland stage. Don't think.I said that yesterday. Agree with Owenmoresider regarding the 'home' venue shambles.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

hoynevalley

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 09, 2022, 01:56:26 PM
Black card OK, but the player waving wildly for a card like soccer f**king pathetic.

Aidan O'Shea at this craic for years for years waving the imaginery card.

Blowitupref

Intermediate final at half time in Pearse Stadium Naomh Anna 1-7 St Faithleachs 1-8.  The Roscommon champions was in control 1-5 to 0-1 after 15 minutes then a black card swung the contest.

Extra time to separate the two with a goal in the last play of the game,  very entertaining and good quality final, well done Faithleachs and hard luck Naomh Anna

Result St Faithleachs 2-14 Naomh Anna 2-12
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Well done Fáiles. Best of luck in Semi v Leinster winners I believe.
Is this the first time we have a Ros Connacht Club double?
Of course the County will be without 8 and a possible 10 County panellists. The price of success I suppose.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Rossfan on January 15, 2022, 05:09:36 PM
Well done Fáiles. Best of luck in Semi v Leinster winners I believe.
Is this the first time we have a Ros Connacht Club double?
Of course the County will be without 8 and a possible 10 County panellists. The price of success I suppose.

Victim of poor scheduling and so called split season. Be interesting to see how all three Connacht reps fare in the All Ireland series.