Ulster JFC/IFC 2021.

Started by DownFanatic, October 27, 2021, 11:03:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: smort on November 08, 2021, 12:34:10 PM
Quote from: Feckitt on November 08, 2021, 12:26:40 PM
How are Cookstown a junior team?  Did they not win the Intermediate All Ireland a few years ago?

Yeah 2013 all Ireland intermediate champions. Tyrone league and championship is linked, so if you are junior league then you play in the junior championship. Cookstown would be notorious in recent years for yoyoing up, but mainly down, the league divisions

Is Mulligan still playing?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on November 08, 2021, 12:40:00 PM
How are Cookstown a junior team?  Did they not win the Intermediate All Ireland a few years ago?

Yeah 2013 all Ireland intermediate champions. Tyrone league and championship is linked, so if you are junior league then you play in the junior championship. Cookstown would be notorious in recent years for yoyoing up, but mainly down, the league divisions

Would always have thought Cookstown was a big enough catchment area.. Is football the lesser of the soccer in that town?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rrhf

It would be some story if Mulligan helped them win another all ireland title. The statue would be built.. 

yellowcard

Whats the draw for the Ulster senior club championship? 

bogball88

No. He was last year

SHEEDY

Quote from: yellowcard on November 08, 2021, 02:33:35 PM
Preliminary round:
Donegal v Derry

Quarter finals;
Monaghan v Derry/Donegal
Cavan v Down
Antrim v Armagh
Tyrone v Fermanagh
nil satis nisi optimum

yellowcard

Quote from: SHEEDY on November 08, 2021, 06:24:41 PM
Preliminary round:
Donegal v Derry

Quarter finals;
Monaghan v Derry/Donegal
Cavan v Down
Antrim v Armagh
Tyrone v Fermanagh

The draw looks very lop sided. I would have said Cross will not feature in Ulster this year but looking at the draw I could see them making a final as I don't think the Tyrone winners will be overly strong this year.

On the other side Glen will have to win it the hard way, that's a horrible draw for them and I could see a Cross v Kilcoo final.

Armagh18

Are you thinking of the Moy?

Armagh18

Quote from: yellowcard on November 08, 2021, 06:52:15 PM
Preliminary round:
Donegal v Derry

Quarter finals;
Monaghan v Derry/Donegal
Cavan v Down
Antrim v Armagh
Tyrone v Fermanagh

The draw looks very lop sided. I would have said Cross will not feature in Ulster this year but looking at the draw I could see them making a final as I don't think the Tyrone winners will be overly strong this year.

On the other side Glen will have to win it the hard way, that's a horrible draw for them and I could see a Cross v Kilcoo final.
Cross will get it tight against Clann Eireann but if they get through that they wont be easy stopped. Still far too open at the back but have 2 of the best footballers in the country in the 2 O'Neills and the cousin McConville  is a unbelievable player as well.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 08, 2021, 07:21:05 PM

Cookstown won it twice, 2010 and 2013, John mckeever managed them one of those years, 2013 AFAIK
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

yellowcard

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 08, 2021, 07:23:45 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on November 08, 2021, 06:52:15 PM
Preliminary round:
Donegal v Derry

Quarter finals;
Monaghan v Derry/Donegal
Cavan v Down
Antrim v Armagh
Tyrone v Fermanagh

Cross will get it tight against Clann Eireann but if they get through that they wont be easy stopped. Still far too open at the back but have 2 of the best footballers in the country in the 2 O'Neills and the cousin McConville  is a unbelievable player as well.

I think Clann Eireann will challenge for the next few years and could win one but I reckon this year might come too early for them. Cross are heavily reliant on a few players that you mentioned but they do seem to be getting stronger with each match this year and I think they'll be hard to stop on Sunday.

Taylor

Cookstown won the Junior AI in 2013

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Taylor on November 09, 2021, 07:54:17 AM

I remember watching Cookstown before our game at the Athletic Grounds during the Ulster games (2009?), I think they were Intermediate at the time, they were blitzing this team, can't remember who, but I said to one of the guys with me, that they would trouble most senior teams, the speed pace and physicality of the players at that level was something else
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laceer

Cookstown won two All Ireland Intermediate titles. They didn't play in junior in Tyrone until the last couple of years.

general_lee

Quote from: Taylor on November 09, 2021, 07:54:17 AM

Intermediate