Congress

Started by Baile Brigín 2, March 01, 2021, 02:47:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: Zooming around on November 04, 2021, 08:56:16 AM
110 is the magic number Proposal B must hit on Saturday if a league-based All-Ireland championship is to be introduced for the 2022 season.

183 delegates are eligible to vote at Saturday's Special Congress, which means either of the two proposals to reform the All-Ireland SFC must receive at least 110 votes (60% backing) if they are to come into effect from next year.

Of the 183 votes, almost half - 90 - is spread across the 32 counties. The overseas units carry 34 votes, Central Council has 52 votes, with seven past presidents of the GAA also entitled to vote.

Found the above online.

that makes sense but then you need to dig into the Central Council vote, is it a block vote based on an agreed decision or is it 52 individuals, allowed to vote whatever which way they want?

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

onefineday

Quote from: Rossfan on December 21, 2021, 09:07:59 AM
New proposals seem very much under the radar

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2021/1217/1267450-task-force-proposals-to-be-circulated-to-counties/
Not too inspiring from what i saw elsewhere. Heard cork co.
chairman on newstalk, his proposal was Proposal B, with 2 league pts awarded to to the winners of the provincial championships which was the 'link' to keep tyem relevant. I much prefer my proposals😁

Blowitupref

Green football championship. Five-week provincial championships. Round-robin Sam Maguire and Tailteann Cups follow. Sam Maguire Cup comprises eight provincial finalists and eight next best in that year's league

Sailed in at Congress with near 95% of the vote.

U19 grade to replace U20 not voted in, 56% of the vote it got needed over 60% to pass.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Baile Brigín 2

Did I dream this or are Laois putting forward mandatory recreational drug tests at club level?

An exquisitely bad idea. Well meant but awful thinking.

Main Street

Imo,green is better than red. Though it would be a long haul for the Ulster champs who then manage to finish first in the round robin and end up only at the 1/4 final stage.