Quote from: whitey on December 20, 2021, 02:03:38 PM
Quote from: hoynevalley on December 20, 2021, 02:01:02 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 20, 2021, 01:58:48 PM
Quote from: hoynevalley on December 20, 2021, 01:54:00 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 20, 2021, 01:52:18 PM
Quote from: hoynevalley on December 20, 2021, 01:46:14 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 20, 2021, 12:57:59 PM
Quote from: hoynevalley on December 20, 2021, 10:57:00 AM
I think Davy Fitzgerald made a great point about online trolling recently. 

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/davy-fitzgerald-internet-trolls-have-a-sickness-1.4711854

a couple posters on this thread just might be having tough time with the pandemic taking anger out on amateur players

"Internet trolls have a 'sickness'
'I think they have their own issues they have to deal with and I would feel sorry for them'

So you think someone who has bitten, eye gouged and head butted opponents should be canonized?

Relative to the disgusting sledging that occurred regarding his deceased brother......maybe someone should ask St Philly what was the worst thing he ever said to an opponent?

Who was bitten/head butted. Philip is no saint but I'm calling out trolling an amateuer player with words like tr**p and sc**bag.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the42.ie/kieran-donaghy-philly-mcmahon-2-2431630-Nov2015/%3famp=1

Who made the comment about the dead sibling?

It was never revealed but I would guess it was a Mayo player

(I heard rumours of what Philly supposedly said to a different Mayo player the same day and it's just as bad as what was said to him)

What he say?

Wont repeat as I can't verify it was said

About a nappy?

All I will say, is that it's as bad or worse as mocking Phillys brother who died of a drug overdose (if it was actually said).

Unfortunately the player it was supposedly said to has never won an All Ireland so he hasn't had the chance to go on the Late Late show and tell the country about it

Maybe someone should ask Philly if he ever said anything to an opponent that he now regrets

Mayo have plenty of gigs to air their graces. I sure if was said the media were heard now(if it was actually said)

As I said earlier in the thread-history is written by the victorious

;D ;D ;D

hoynevalley

Quote from: Tyrdub on December 19, 2021, 04:16:46 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on December 19, 2021, 04:01:07 PM
Quote from: Tyrdub on December 19, 2021, 03:00:05 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on December 17, 2021, 10:56:47 PM
Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on December 17, 2021, 10:16:27 PM
Removed a few posts that were uncomplimentary at least.

Let's keep it somewhat decent.

Yes, in hindsight - remembering Philly's on field record of gouging players was poor form and I apologise for this. Lets just remember the good times.

The same Philly McMahon who was manly enough NOT to divulge the name of the scum b"stard who sledged him about his dead brother. Which one of the two were in the right then?
The man has done so much not only for Ballymun and Dublin, but for everyone on this island with drink, drug and mental problems. He willingly travels the length and breadth of the country, visits clubs etc. He's certainly no angel no the pitch, he did what it took to win, but there's more to Philly McMahon than what you see

Ignore Bunker. That poster is WUM

oh there you go then ,I'm a WUM??

please explain how anything I said wasn't right.

The poster was referring to From The Bunker poster not you.

whitey

Quote from: hoynevalley on December 20, 2021, 02:24:55 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 20, 2021, 02:19:36 PM
Quote from: hoynevalley on December 20, 2021, 02:14:36 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 20, 2021, 02:11:19 PM
Quote from: hoynevalley on December 20, 2021, 02:07:03 PM

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/davy-fitzgerald-internet-trolls-have-a-sickness-1.4711854

a couple posters on this thread just might be having tough time with the pandemic taking anger out on amateur players

'I think they have their own issues they have to deal with and I would feel sorry for them'

So you think someone who has bitten, eye gouged and head butted opponents should be canonized?

Relative to the disgusting sledging that occurred regarding his deceased brother......maybe someone should ask St Philly what was the worst thing he ever said to an opponent?

Who was bitten/head butted. Philip is no saint but I'm calling out trolling an amateuer player with words like tr**p and sc**bag.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the42.ie/kieran-donaghy-philly-mcmahon-2-2431630-Nov2015/%3famp=1

(I heard rumours of what Philly supposedly said to a different Mayo player the same day and it's just as bad as what was said to him)

What he say?

About a nappy?

All I will say, is that it's as bad or worse as mocking Phillys brother who died of a drug overdose (if it was actually said).

Unfortunately the player it was supposedly said to has never won an All Ireland so he hasn't had the chance to go on the Late Late show and tell the country about it

Maybe someone should ask Philly if he ever said anything to an opponent that he now regrets

Mayo have plenty of gigs to air their graces. I sure if was said the media were heard now(if it was actually said)

;D ;D ;D

And I'm sure in time people will forgive and forget

For years Whelo was enemy number one down in Mayo but when he showed up in Gaelic Park, NY doing coverage for RTE he was treated like a long lost son (if the pictures I've see online are anything to go by)

hoynevalley

Quote from: whitey on December 20, 2021, 02:30:28 PM
Quote from: hoynevalley on December 20, 2021, 02:24:55 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 20, 2021, 02:19:36 PM
Quote from: hoynevalley on December 20, 2021, 02:14:36 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 20, 2021, 02:11:19 PM
Quote from: hoynevalley on December 20, 2021, 02:07:03 PM

What he say?

About a nappy?

;D ;D ;D

And I'm sure in time people will forgive and forget

For years Whelo was enemy number one down in Mayo but when he showed up in Gaelic Park, NY doing coverage for RTE he was treated like a long lost son (if the pictures I've see online are anything to go by)

Stranger things have happened  ;D

TheGreatest

Quote from: whitey on December 20, 2021, 01:39:10 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on December 20, 2021, 01:28:33 PM

No angel, absolutely, but he's ours, fact is though, 8 AI'S later, he has had a great career and life with the Dubs, i am sure he is not bothered about what we discuss, not sure he ever got done for any incident mentioned above i.e proof, maybe I'm wrong here..

I use to hate Ricey, hate him, when Tyrone were beating us out the gate in the 00s, until he finished playing, met him in Mcgowans after a match, locked, decent guy.

So here's a philosophical question for you

If Sam was on the line and your team could win by intentionally injuring an opposition player what would you want the Dublin player to do

(I'm not talking about a wild reckless challenge-I'm talking about a sly off the ball assault that could
Lead to a serious injury to an opponent)

Ecumenical matter.

My own personal philosophy is " whatever it takes" .

Ethan Tremblay

Gooch chats about Philly in this video here, earlier on in the conversation he also mentions sledging and karma.  Which begs the point, if your big enough to give it out, don't be crying over getting it.  I know the level of it can differ in scales, but I suppose the person giving it out doesn't know the deeper impact it may have on the person in the receiving end regardless of what is being said. 

https://punditarena.com/gaa/thepateam/watch-colm-cooper-disgust-sledging/

Interestingly, one of the greatest players to play the game, his view on sledging is that of a "weakness" in an opposition player.
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

TheGreatest

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on December 20, 2021, 03:02:18 PM
Gooch chats about Philly in this video here, earlier on in the conversation he also mentions sledging and karma.  Which begs the point, if your big enough to give it out, don't be crying over getting it.  I know the level of it can differ in scales, but I suppose the person giving it out doesn't know the deeper impact it may have on the person in the receiving end regardless of what is being said. 

https://punditarena.com/gaa/thepateam/watch-colm-cooper-disgust-sledging/

Interestingly, one of the greatest players to play the game, his view on sledging is that of a "weakness" in an opposition player.

Not sure the 2015 final showed any weakness in the opposition player.

Gooch some baller,, all time great probably got it worse than anyone in the game id imagine, also referenced the worst sledging he got was earlier in his careers, 00s, any guesses .......

tonto1888

What he say?

Why even mention it then?

tonto1888

Quote from: hoynevalley on December 20, 2021, 02:29:23 PM
Quote from: Tyrdub on December 19, 2021, 04:16:46 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on December 19, 2021, 04:01:07 PM
Quote from: Tyrdub on December 19, 2021, 03:00:05 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on December 17, 2021, 10:56:47 PM
Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on December 17, 2021, 10:16:27 PM
Removed a few posts that were uncomplimentary at least.

Let's keep it somewhat decent.

Yes, in hindsight - remembering Philly's on field record of gouging players was poor form and I apologise for this. Lets just remember the good times.

The same Philly McMahon who was manly enough NOT to divulge the name of the scum b"stard who sledged him about his dead brother. Which one of the two were in the right then?
The man has done so much not only for Ballymun and Dublin, but for everyone on this island with drink, drug and mental problems. He willingly travels the length and breadth of the country, visits clubs etc. He's certainly no angel no the pitch, he did what it took to win, but there's more to Philly McMahon than what you see

Ignore Bunker. That poster is WUM

oh there you go then ,I'm a WUM??

please explain how anything I said wasn't right.

The poster was referring to From The Bunker poster not you.

Correct. I will accept an apology anytime now Tyrdub haha

Captain Obvious

Former Down captain Darragh O'Hanlon retires aged 28.

Targetman

Was never captain but sad he's had to call it a day nonetheless

ardtole

Im pretty sure he was captain during Eamonn Burns(rip) time in charge. Looked to have a long county career  ahead of him. Very sad news,  and I wish him the best of luck in the future.

hoynevalley

Quote from: tonto1888 on December 28, 2021, 05:01:32 PM

What he say?

Why even mention it then?

To be fairWhitney and From The Bunker were trolling usual. They spent more time trolling about dublin players than acknowledging the great Mayo players that retired over last 2 years.

FermGael

Eoin Donnelly has retired.
Probably been one of the best midfielders in Ulster over the past decade.
Big loss for Fermanagh

https://www.impartialreporter.com/sport/19862682.donnelly-steps-away-decade-service-fermanagh/

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose