We Need To Talk About Kevin

Started by general_lee, April 13, 2016, 11:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/kevin-mcgeever-mayo-conman-branded-himself-for-life-1.2608108

One of the most bizarre people I've ever heard of. His story is like something out of a Hollywood movie. And after all that he gets a suspended sentence  :o

mikehunt

Quote from: general_lee on April 13, 2016, 11:13:28 AM
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/kevin-mcgeever-mayo-conman-branded-himself-for-life-1.2608108

One of the most bizarre people I've ever heard of. His story is like something out of a Hollywood movie. And after all that he gets a suspended sentence  :o

Of all the sh!t he gets up to he's done for wasting garda time. Sentence for the actual crime was harsh I thought.

stew

f**kers should have got twenty years, how many lives did he ruin?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

WT4E

Quote from: general_lee on April 13, 2016, 11:13:28 AM

You gotta love his last con;

The Gardai buying him curry chips - I bet they tasted good!

mikehunt

Quote from: stew on April 13, 2016, 12:40:29 PM

He was only charged with wasting garda time. Even if he conned people in Ireland there isn't any legislation to bring him to justice. Look at the Dail. Full of conmen and they're making the decisions "in the best interests of the country".

stew

Quote from: mikehunt on April 13, 2016, 01:07:25 PM

He was only charged with wasting garda time. Even if he conned people in Ireland there isn't any legislation to bring him to justice. Look at the Dail. Full of conmen and they're making the decisions "in the best interests of the country".

I get all of that, how about embezzlement, fraud, theft for starters?

Every government is corrupt, in excuse here fir not hammering this bastard into the ground afaiac.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

mikehunt

Quote from: stew on April 13, 2016, 01:14:47 PM
Quote from: mikehunt on April 13, 2016, 01:07:25 PM

I get all of that, how about embezzlement, fraud, theft for starters?

Every government is corrupt, in excuse here fir not hammering this b**tard into the ground afaiac.

All it guarantees in Ireland is that you top the poll in the next election.

His crimes all seem to have been committed outside of Ireland so unless they extradite him then he's safe enough here.

Under Lights

When is it on tv? Article is poorly written imo.

Boycey

Quote from: Under Lights on April 13, 2016, 04:15:18 PM
When is it on tv? Article is poorly written imo.

Ur man that wrote the article was on TodayFM this morning with Anton Savage, I didn't think he came across that well on the radio either. The story is fascinating though, I'm not sure they gave a date for it other than it was on later this month.

Under Lights

The story is fascinating but I feel the way he told it was a bit of a clusterfuck. I know there is a lot of get in but he could have made it clearer. Botched job.

muppet

I think Catherine Vallely was fortunate her friend drove Kevin to the Gárda Station. She was likely to become the next victim.
MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

There is a great book in there.

Eamonnca1

Al Capone was done for tax evasion. Same idea.