McRory 2016

Started by general_lee, February 13, 2016, 12:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

Bit of a minor shock this afternoon, St Ronan's beating St Colman's in Burren 1-13 to 1-10 to reach their first semi final since the 80s iirc (as St Michael's).

St Pat's Maghera into the semis also after beating Omagh CBS 2-8 to 1-9.

The other two qfs this weekend are SPAD v St Patrick's Cavan and St Paul's Bessbrook v St Michael's Enniskillen

Any craic

drici

Quote from: general_lee on February 13, 2016, 12:39:51 PM

The other two qfs this weekend are SPAD v St Patrick's Cavan and St Paul's Bessbrook v St Michael's Enniskillen

Some complaints about them getting 90,000 quid a year.

Itchy

Double header in inniskeen off tomorrow, pitch unplayable.

general_lee

Semi final draw made

St Paul's v St Ronan's
SPAD v St Pat's Maghera

Good to see there'll be an Armagh school in the final!

ONeill

Some story St Ronan's. Think itll be an Academy/Bessbrook final.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Mikhailov

when are these semi final games fixed for

Champion The Wonder Horse

Maghera win 2-10 to 1-11.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on February 26, 2016, 10:03:12 PM

Apparently a bit of a schmozzle after. Anyone at it?

Mikhailov

Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 27, 2016, 07:26:18 AM

Bit of a scuffle but nothing big - all over in a matter of minutes and only 30+ players involved 😳

Academy had possibly more individually better players but Maghera key men stood up when it counted. Academy tried to play as individuals and several players tried to win it on their own but Maghera played as a team and even their star players kept it simple and played to plan. Best TEAM won on the night.

Was impressed with Glass, Docherty both in the middle plus Kearney and McGuigan in full forward line for Maghera. For Academy Creally, Rafferty and Holland tried hard.

Conor Glass is quality - keeps it simple, nothing flash but produces when it matters

Rawhide

Quote from: Mikhailov on February 28, 2016, 12:27:40 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 27, 2016, 07:26:18 AM

Bit of a scuffle but nothing big - all over in a matter of minutes and only 30+ players involved 😳

Academy had possibly more individually better players but Maghera key men stood up when it counted. Academy tried to play as individuals and several players tried to win it on their own but Maghera played as a team and even their star players kept it simple and played to plan. Best TEAM won on the night.

Was impressed with Glass, Docherty both in the middle plus Kearney and McGuigan in full forward line for Maghera. For Academy Creally, Rafferty and Holland tried hard.

Conor Glass is quality - keeps it simple, nothing flash but produces when it matters

Fair commentary, delighted to be in another final. The four lads you mentioned all played central positions for Derry minors last year. Roll on the 17th. Maghera have always played as a team

I see the Ulster Colleges Embarressing All Stars still keeps giving. Glass still has no College All Star, this is his third MAc Rory final, two winners so far and a Hogan, leaving for Aussie rules in July. I lost faith in these Embarressing awards along time ago, but with Glass not getting one has just taken the whole thing to a different level. Are there no principled teachers in the colleges committee who have a bit of something about them to do something bout this farce.

cccc is a true supporter lol

Walter Cronc

I think its been accepted as a farce this long time Rawhide. The only reason players have any interest in it is due to the Elite athlete scholarship. Conor wont give a damn if he's able to captain Maghera to victory on the 17th.

Don't know an awful lot about this Bessbrook team apart from Jarlath Og Burns. Any South Armagh men able to shed any light on them?

DuffleKing

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 01, 2016, 01:45:57 PM
I think its been accepted as a farce this long time Rawhide. The only reason players have any interest in it is due to the Elite athlete scholarship. Conor wont give a damn if he's able to captain Maghera to victory on the 17th.

Don't know an awful lot about this Bessbrook team apart from Jarlath Og Burns. Any South Armagh men able to shed any light on them?

No chance...

Walter Cronc

Quote from: DuffleKing on March 01, 2016, 02:13:28 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 01, 2016, 01:45:57 PM

No chance...

Ah jaysus DK dont be like that. Was only looking some more info on the 2 dangerous inside forwards :D

Rawhide

A rematch from St Pauls last visit to the final, that was a superb St Pats team then, and they only really relaxed and played the football they were capable of when they got out of Ulster and walked the Hogan with brilliant football.
cccc is a true supporter lol