The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluespower

Very best of luck to our minors tonight go out and hurl to your potential and just treat it like another game and don't get phased by the occasion.

A win would be wonderful and they can do it too but this Offaly team are strong and talented too so should be a real contest i hope we give it our all anyway and keep the winning streak going.

smcder

Do we need to print the tickets out or can they scan it on our phones?

marty34

Quote from: smcder on May 16, 2022, 04:46:46 PM
Do we need to print the tickets out or can they scan it on our phones?

Either or.

clonadmad

Quote from: redsetanta on May 16, 2022, 10:35:48 AM
Anyone know how the ticket sales are going for the final tonight?

I assume they are expecting a big crowd.

Over 4,500 sold already

Expecting a crowd over 10,000

Get in early

G@@

Over 10k expected? Whoa, that'll be lively.

Anywhere I've went they can scan the barcode off a phone screen, so there shouldn't be an issue.

Best of luck tonight to the lads. Hopefully we'll pull off a win. Breezy and sunny, so could be a game where one chases the other's lead.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

The PRO

Watching on TG4 with Midlands 103 (Radio Tullamore) audio. Our lads were a bit over defensive with that first half breeze.

Joeythelips

Great athmosphere, decent game. Like previous poster I thought Laois like the seniors do were a bit over cautious in defence and driving it into two forwards and 4 defenders. Fair play thought the players gave it their all and plenty of fine hurlers on both teams.

The PRO

Best team won but I'd be disappointed with our tactics. Handed them 4 points (2 bad puck outs and two pulls on the ground to free Offaly men).
We'll have to regroup quickly now for All-Ireland series.
Yer man Joe Troy on Radio Tullamore is a ferocious dose. Neutral commentary is needed.

Blow-in

Radio Tullamore is right. Laois barely got a mention

Keyser Söze

Possibly shouldn't say it, but you'd have to be disappointed with the set up.
Use of the wind in the first half really poor.
Attempts to find the forward line in the second against it also poor.
Hard to know if it was tactical decisions re set up, or things just not working out on the day.
If it was the latter, then no harm, these things happen.

Maybe being harsh, but it really was the opportunity of a generation. When you see the crowds and witnessed the atmosphere. When will get such a PR opportunity to boost numbers ever again.

Having said all that, Offaly are a very good side.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

blueandwhite1

Set up was shocking in first half with the breeze.

However, we were not really at the races. Offaly skill level and pace was far superior to ours.

Robbo

No shame in losing to the better team. Offaly were excellent, worth winners and couldn't begrudge them. Hard luck to laois. Fought until the end and that's all we can ask.

Feel like we didn't really go for it. Set-up got us to the final so don't want to be over critical but when we got it back to 15-12 we should have had a lash. Wasn't to be and I think to be fair; different tactics wasn't going to deny offaly a deserved win.

Games against Galway and clare to come. Still plenty of hurling left.

Finally, what a crowd. Well done to everyone. Pleasure to see.

burdizzo

Decent game with plenty of physicality, I thought - and you couldn't exactly accuse the ref. of being 'whistle-happy'!
But, yes - Offaly were better. However, we had enough chances to be ahead at half-time.
Still, a good year for them. Hopefully they can perform in the round-robin now.

Smellyball

I wasn't there tonight but it seems like the usual sh!te was going on. Oh look there's a match on and the crowd has caught us by surprise, was there a decent amount of turnstiles open or what caused the delay?
As for the match - poor use of the ball with the wind (although the same could be said of offaly at times), lofting balls into offalys half back line against the wind. Can't complain really though as the better team won.
Fingers crossed for decent performances in the round Robin.

LOVEGAA

Very disorganised considering tickets were bought online , so had a fair idea of crowd numbers

Awful tactics used last night and would have to feel sorry for the young lads