Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

healypark

from the tyrone herald on mon - 3 wins needed from last 3 games (dromore, killyclogher & galbally) to be in a play off to avoid the play offs. and that's if agyharan dont get any more points. could be wrong.

only won 3 games all season so the expectations to win 3 or 4 on the trot are realistic ones. looking at best to finish above killeshill and then take what league 1b provides. will happily take killyman's place now!!

oneillcup2007

I said at the time that this championship win could make or break Killyman... lets hope they get their act together.  As for the Division 1 league it looks like a Carmen Fianna final.  Errigal and Dromore should get the next 2 places, but both look unlikely winners at this stage.  A fianna win would set them up nicely for atilt at the oneillcup2008. 

ziggysego

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on October 24, 2007, 09:28:24 AM
Have heard that Killyman have pulled out of the Ulster Intermediate championship and that they have requested to the county board that they want to remain in division 2 next year instead of going up to division 1.  They have proposed that the top 2 teams in division 2 should be promoted instead. 

Anyone else heard this??

Where have you heard this? Sounds like nonsense to me.

However it's not unheard of. I believe it happens from time to time in Kerry. Prehaps Kerry Mike can confirm this.
Testing Accessibility

tyrone86

Quote from: ziggysego on October 24, 2007, 01:39:36 PM
Have heard that Killyman have pulled out of the Ulster Intermediate championship and that they have requested to the county board that they want to remain in division 2 next year instead of going up to division 1.  They have proposed that the top 2 teams in division 2 should be promoted instead. 

Anyone else heard this??

However it's not unheard of. I believe it happens from time to time in Kerry. Prehaps Kerry Mike can confirm this.

It's a common occurrence in Derry, Coleraine got to the All-Ireland Intermediate Final and got beat in the Semi Final of the Intermediate Championship this year, whilst the Junior Final had the same 2 team playing in 2006 & 2007, with the same team winning both

ballygawleyman

ive a notion will win league hands down, they played a fighting agyaran team who always are hard to beat at this stage a the year. carmen were through and still managed a draw and i see they rested mcnally, mcaleer and gormley.

clarshack

Quote from: ziggysego on October 24, 2007, 01:39:36 PM

Anyone else heard this??

finuge - the team that beat us in the all-ireland junior final in 2005 had won the kerry junior 2 years previous to that as well but wouldnt go intermediate the following year - unfortunately! i think there will be quite a few finuge players playing for feale rangers in the upcoming kerry senior final.

amigo

Quote from: Redhandfan on October 23, 2007, 11:19:47 PM
Quote from: snappiered on October 23, 2007, 11:29:00 AM
Wonder does any of our Moy posters know who write the club notes for Moy. They seem to have  chip on thier shoulder always getting a dig at their opposition. in this weeks edition they make reference to Edendork having not having any reason to complain as well as putting top four in inverted commas?

Jeez, I didn't realise our club P.R.O. could cause this much annoyance.....he is a bit of a shit-stirrer alright but can be misunderstood at times!!  I believe that the little dig at Edendork in this week's notes was in response to some sour-graped comments in the Edendork notes a few weeks ago which, following the sides' last meeting, complained about the number of frees awarded to Moy and the manner in which they were won.  As for putting the top four in inverted commas, he assures me there was nothing untoward about that.  He wishes to make it known that both Loughmacrory and Trillick beat Moy fair and square this year.  Along with Clonoe, these teams deserve to be in the 'top four'.

Anyhow, your comments have been noted and we will do everything in our power to remove this trouble-making officer at our next A.G.M.  The fact that he is public enemy number one among the Kildress people on this Board, however, will probably work in his favour.  Apologies to all those clubs (with the exception of Kildress) who he has offended during the course of the past year...it would appear that the pen can indeed be mightier than the sword.     
You are good craic Redhandfan. Do you think it is not plainly obvious to everyone on this board that you and your accclaimed PRO are one and the same person. Both of you spew the same rubbish regularly.
It stinks of someone who is a knowledge on everything gaelic and never kicked it in his life !!!

ziggysego

I believe that Duagh, the team Greencastle beat in the All-Ireland Junior Final in March, could have been a senior team, but choose to play Junior football.
Testing Accessibility

oneillcup2007

amigo no offense thats out of order. 

tyrone exile

"He wishes to make it known that both Loughmacrory and Trillick beat Moy fair and square this year.  Along with Clonoe, these teams deserve to be in the 'top four'.
Anyhow, your comments have been noted and we will do everything in our power to remove this trouble-making officer at our next A.G.M.  The fact that he is public enemy number one among the Kildress people on this Board, however, will probably work in his favour.  Apologies to all those clubs (with the exception of Kildress) who he has offended during the course of the past year...it would appear that the pen can indeed be mightier than the sword." 

:D :D Nobody likes a sore loser  ;D no point having 4 county players when they dont even get to play senior football  :P

KIDDO

Dromore moved closer to gaining a place in the  league semi finals ,with a 1.18 to 0.9 victory over Omagh , at Healy Park tonight with , Owen mcCusker,0.5, Colm Mc Cullagh  1.2, Emmet o Neill0.2, Shane Mc Mahon0.2,    Conor O Neill0.2, Raymond Gallegher 0.2,  Sean O Neill0.1, Shaun O Neill0.1, and  Ryan mc Menamin 0.1 on target , with 1.15  scored from play.

longball

Anyone else heard this??

i heard this rumour 2day also. srly it cant happen. i would like to think after their great championship win the killyman players woud be looking forward to the chance to play senior football. if killyman dont want to go up they should be relegated to division 3 via league standings. but im sure the players are looking forward to competing with the big guns thats why they play football
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Bensars

I think can happen in armagh also.

I think if allowed it would be a sensible move. Killyman gaining promotion from div 3  and then winning the inter. championionship. Seems like a fairy tail but doesnt tell the full picture. They have struggled terribly in the league ( a very competitive league) and the move to a stronger div 1 will do them no favours. They have made great strides as a club and to becoming the whipping boys of division 1 will serve no worthwhile purpose. The new division 2 will be stronger again than this year.

If they are allowed to stay in division 2 i think it will be of greater benefit to them. i dont agree however that they should be relegated as someone has mentioned.

orangeman

Omagh in the play offs - who do you prefer in playoffs ? I  can't believe Omagh in the playoffs after being in county final two years ago.

snappiered

Yeah Omagh are definately in the play offs now. Who would yous prefer Us (Loughmacrory), Kildress or Trillick?

Oneillcup2007 are yous playing Killeshil on Friday night under floodlights? Were it at? How come the game is moved. Omagh game aganist Killyclogher has been brought forward to Saturday evening as well. I would expect  both clubs to be out in force when we entertain Trillick on Sunday afternoon.