Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhandfan

Quote from: snappiered on October 23, 2007, 11:29:00 AM
Wonder does any of our Moy posters know who write the club notes for Moy. They seem to have  chip on thier shoulder always getting a dig at their opposition. in this weeks edition they make reference to Edendork having not having any reason to complain as well as putting top four in inverted commas?

Jeez, I didn't realise our club P.R.O. could cause this much annoyance.....he is a bit of a shit-stirrer alright but can be misunderstood at times!!  I believe that the little dig at Edendork in this week's notes was in response to some sour-graped comments in the Edendork notes a few weeks ago which, following the sides' last meeting, complained about the number of frees awarded to Moy and the manner in which they were won.  As for putting the top four in inverted commas, he assures me there was nothing untoward about that.  He wishes to make it known that both Loughmacrory and Trillick beat Moy fair and square this year.  Along with Clonoe, these teams deserve to be in the 'top four'.

Anyhow, your comments have been noted and we will do everything in our power to remove this trouble-making officer at our next A.G.M.  The fact that he is public enemy number one among the Kildress people on this Board, however, will probably work in his favour.  Apologies to all those clubs (with the exception of Kildress) who he has offended during the course of the past year...it would appear that the pen can indeed be mightier than the sword.     

Norf Tyrone

QuoteI'm a bit dense tonight. What do you mean by?

eg Killyman (11), Greencastle (14), etc..

He is counting out the teams as they will effectively secure their place in their respective division. It's hard to explain but I know what he means..
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

new devil

??? ??? Why no apologies to kildress  ???

Goodluck in division 2 next year by the way

aroundincircles

Redhandfan i am from clonoe no need to say sorry to us we are not affended. i actually think out of all the clubs in tyrone moy is the hardest done by with the county player situation. All the same we played yous twice the year when county men available  both games both were close games but thank god we came away with three points out of four.

oneillcup2007

I we all had the redhandfans passion there would be no problems in the GAA.

DirtyDozen12

Have heard that Killyman have pulled out of the Ulster Intermediate championship and that they have requested to the county board that they want to remain in division 2 next year instead of going up to division 1.  They have proposed that the top 2 teams in division 2 should be promoted instead. 

Anyone else heard this??
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

clarshack

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on October 24, 2007, 09:28:24 AM
Have heard that Killyman have pulled out of the Ulster Intermediate championship and that they have requested to the county board that they want to remain in division 2 next year instead of going up to division 1.  They have proposed that the top 2 teams in division 2 should be promoted instead. 

Anyone else heard this??

are you having a laugh? even if it were remotely true - rules are rules! you can only change things like this before the season.

laceer

Quote from: clarshack on October 24, 2007, 09:33:23 AM
Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on October 24, 2007, 09:28:24 AM

Anyone else heard this??

WUM

bullshit

DirtyDozen12

Dont get me wrong Laccer, not trying to stir anything, just heard this last night from a few different sources...thought it was a bit weird myself and im sure Killyman would not want to give up the chance of playing in Ulster & division 1 but with the league form it sounded reasonable.

orangeman

Killyman deserve their place in div 1 next year - they won the final - have some great players and are their on merit.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: orangeman on October 24, 2007, 10:45:54 AM
Killyman deserve their place in div 1 next year - they won the final - have some great players and are their on merit.

I agree, they got themselves together for 3 games this year, Strabane, Augher & Moortown.  They obviously done their homework and where worthy championship winners and championship winners deserve to be and are always promoted so I hope this is just a rumour and it stays at that because refusing to go up a league is highly unambitious 

tyrone86

In the unlikely event that there's some smoke to the Killyman rumour, I can't see them being allowed to stay in Division 2  because a) it's unprecedented in Tyrone Football and b) for all intents and purposes would end the League / Championship link which many in the county seem to be very attached to.

healypark

Quote from: Tombraider on October 23, 2007, 09:57:26 PM

Are Omagh playing Dromore tomorrow night Healy?

Indeed fixed for 8 at Páirc Uí hEilí. Corresponding fixture last year was won by omagh. Alot of water under the bridge since. Will be good for our county representatives to get another run out on the pitch before the ulster club.

orangeman

Can Omagh survive without going into a playoff ?

clarshack

Quote from: tram on October 24, 2007, 12:04:31 PM
There was a report in yesterday's Irish News that mentioned that the Killyman manager, Peter McGahan, might even tog out for the Ulster IFC due to a shortage of available players.
In the (unlikely) event that Killyman withdrew from the Ulster IFC with enough notice, would Tyrone simply have no representative or would Moortown be given the offer to take part?

tyrone would have no representative.