Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: clarshack on October 21, 2007, 08:17:09 PM
if rock do well in ulster which they should do when is division 3 likely to be finished? as points difference means bugger all - they'll have to playoff.

The Junior Ulster Final last year was the first Sunday in December. As for the All-Ireland Final, well it was the second Saturday in March.
Testing Accessibility

clarshack

could be january before div 3 is concluded then!

Redhandfan

Moy scored an easy 2-17 to 0-9 win at Edendork, today, in what turned out to be a rather tame affair in Division 1B.  Edendork fielded what appeared to be a very understrength side, while Moy were missing a few as well (including Philly Jordan, who will be out of action for 5-6 weeks with a hamstring injury).  Fresh from his exploits with Ulster in the Inter-Pro Semi-Final at Ballybofey the previous night, Sean Cavanagh top scored for Moy with a personal tally of 2-5.....although he never quite got out of second gear!!

Here's hoping the Edendork P.R.O. is a wee bit more gracious in defeat than he was a few weeks ago when losing to Moy......apparently he counts the number of frees awarded to the opposition and passes judgement about 'how they were won'.  If only every team could be as pure, clean and sporting as Edendork!!

orangeman

Some surprise results all round now - Dromore losing to Cookstown would certainly be a bit of a shock - Loughmacrory had a great win against Kildress and Ayharan is a hard place to take points out of -

Fear ón Srath Bán

League table for O Neills Sportswear ACL Division 2    21-10-07
Senior Football             
Team        Played   Won   Lost   Drawn   Points
Eglish               19        14      5         0         28
Moortown        19        12      4         3         27
Greencastle      20        12      5         2         26
Eskra               20        12      7         1         25
Urney              20         9       6         5        23
Strabane          20        9       7         4         22
Augher            20       10       9         1         21
Aghaloo           19        8       8         3         19
Drumquin         20        8      10         2         18
Fintona            20        5      12         3         13
Brockagh         19        5       14        0         10

Killyman           20        2       18        0          4

Sigersons now just one point above the drop zone after today's draw with Urney, in a rather turgid and subdued affair, which was somewhat devoid of the usual (fierce) local derby passion.  Looks like we'll badly need those points against Greencastle at home in the last game, sorry Ziggy  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

orangeman

The league tables on the Tyrone GAA website seem to be wrong - can amyone put up the right tables ?

Norf Tyrone

QuoteSigersons now just one point above the drop zone after today's draw with Urney

Are you sure Strath?

There will be 17 in division 3 next year, so I believe that the bottom 6 teams from div 2 (Exc Killyman) are relegated. That would leave Strabane IN the drop zone??
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: orangeman on October 21, 2007, 10:20:08 PM
The league tables on the Tyrone GAA website seem to be wrong - can amyone put up the right tables ?

http://www.owenroe-leckpatrick.ie/Senior%20Table%202007.htm

I have tried to maintain the div 3 reserve tables as best as possible...can anyone confirm or correct? Deal you might be able to assist??
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 21, 2007, 10:34:21 PM
QuoteSigersons now just one point above the drop zone after today's draw with Urney

Are you sure Strath?

There will be 17 in division 3 next year, so I believe that the bottom 6 teams from div 2 (Exc Killyman) are relegated. That would leave Strabane IN the drop zone??

Sorry Norf, you're correct (I was thinking five excluding Killyman, not six!), so Sigersons currently in the soup. Very tough one away to Aghaloo next... we'll need to pull it out from somewhere.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Bensars

there will be twists and turns in div 2 yet fear

Redhandfan

Team        Played       Points
Clonoe           21         35
Kildress           21         33
Loughmacrory    21         32
Trillick           21         30
Moy          21         20
Clann na Gael     21         18
Pomeroy           21         18
Gortin           21         18
Dungannon           21         16
Derrylaughan      21         16
Edendork           21           9
Stewartstown    21           7

amigo

RedhandFan,
I see you boys must have been very sporting at the Castlewellan sevens going by all accounts!! Im sure you will do some crying about that when the suspensions are handed out !! Although it wouldnt be like Moy players to be crying. thats what the kildress people think anyway lol.

ziggysego

If my maths is correct, and it seldom is, Greencastle need a draw from either of the two remaining games to secure Division 2 status for next year. Unfortunately it's two tough games. Eglish at home and Strabane away.
Testing Accessibility

goal and a point

Rock have 8 league games left. If they play every week they will finish those on the 16th December add in 3 ulster championship matches they will finish on 6th January and that is not allowing for Holidays. What a joke. No football in july or august hardly and then play football all winter. Just in time for pre season to start in January. I am sure Tats will want them to catch up on games played. I cant see the rest of the clubs being too forthcoming to that.

loughshore lad

Quote from: Doire abú on October 20, 2007, 10:26:16 AM
I've heard before that part of Ardboe parish is in Derry, but I can't think whereabouts that part is. Anyone know?

Most likely be somewhere round where the Dooks live in kinturk?