The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on December 08, 2022, 11:40:42 PM
Not to mention, they're still trying to free him.

Some serious miserable bastards on this thread.  A young woman who did nothing wrong was held as a captive for almost a year in a Russian prison, will now be coming home. 

But for some people, that's apparently bad news and reflects poorly on Biden.

The price was high, but if that's the best deal available, then so be it.

I'm guessing had Trump done this the reaction from our right-wing posters would be different.
maybe she will appreciate her country now and learn a valuable lesson .

Jell 0 Biafra

Anyone who takes that as the moral of this must really be an awful p***k.

Gmac

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on December 09, 2022, 01:41:48 AM
Anyone who takes that as the moral of this must really be an awful p***k.
interesting reaction, I personally wouldn't swap a set of Russian dolls for her .

Muck Savage

Some serious miserable bastards on this thread.  A young woman who did nothing wrong was held as a captive for almost a year in a Russian prison, will now be coming home. 

I'm guessing had Trump done this the reaction from our right-wing posters would be different.

Would you not want to sit down at the poker table with whoever negotiated this deal? A criminal all over the world for a pot head!

I voted for Obama 1.0, a man that did absolutely nothing for black people, so yeah, you're right I must be right wing.

Taylor

Why the hate for the Griner from those here that live in the US?
Is there more to her story than meets the eye?

Milltown Row2

Always nice to dive into this thread every so often to feel the love among the expats

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: Muck Savage on December 08, 2022, 09:39:18 PM
Quote from: Gmac on December 08, 2022, 07:45:20 PM
Great prisoner swap by joe
A gun runner for someone with a small bottle of cannabis oil. The world is a safer place.
Yet the retired Marine who fought for his country is left behind, who has the 'no man left behind' slogan? His crime in the US eyes is he's a middle aged white guy, I'm sure Joe and his crew were worried about the cities burning if the marine came home and the basketball player was left behind.

That's your take home message from this? Cities burning? Another left behind because he is part of the poor put-upon victimized white male demographic?

J70

Quote from: Taylor on December 09, 2022, 08:37:11 AM

She's a black lesbian who called for the national anthem not to be played before games.

So presumably not a favourite in the rabid right fever swamps certain individuals frequent.

J70

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 09, 2022, 12:45:06 AM
Friendly reminder that Trump freed 5,000 Taliban prisoners and invited their leader to Camp David.

But that was THEIR guy.

I wonder did Gmac rush on here at the time to tell us all how badly Trump had been had or how unpatriotic he was?

J70

Quote from: Muck Savage on December 09, 2022, 04:28:34 AM

Would you not want to sit down at the poker table with whoever negotiated this deal? A criminal all over the world for a pot head!

I voted for Obama 1.0, a man that did absolutely nothing for black people, so yeah, you're right I must be right wing.

So she should have been left to rot in a Russian prison?

One wonders how the right wingers would be reacting if she had been some pretty, blond white tennis star or whatever?

They'd have been up in arms for months over the fact that the administration wasn't getting her home.

J70

They can't even comment on Trump dining with white supremacists and rabid anti-semites, never mind his call for the "termination " of the constitution as he continues his self-pitying election fraud fraud (to use just two of his most recent escapades), so it's pretty safe to say the boys would be happy out if it had been Trump, not Biden, who had to make a deal like this.

J70

Good to see the same-sex marriage protection law getting through Congress, albeit with 80% of the GOP voting against it.

whitey

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/wnba/mercury/2022/08/10/brittney-griner-national-anthem-comments-mocked-russia-sentencing/10290620002/

Some people who live here think this America is the best country on the planet

Anyone who criticizes it or "disrespects" it, would get very little sympathy from a large swath of the population over here

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whitey on December 09, 2022, 11:35:16 AM

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/wnba/mercury/2022/08/10/brittney-griner-national-anthem-comments-mocked-russia-sentencing/10290620002/

Anyone who criticizes it or "disrespects" it, would get very little sympathy from a large swath of the population over here

Is her family from Liverpool? Can I even say that now?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Taylor

Quote from: whitey on December 09, 2022, 11:35:16 AM

A lot of hate for stating an opinion