F.A.O. Lynchbhoy - The "Little Jack Horner" of the GAA Board

Started by Evil Genius, February 01, 2009, 09:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drumanee 1

other than the mods what right does anyone have to police the board?

Main Street

Possibly CB is advocating a ban rule to be implemented against lying yellowbelly shítstirrers.

carribbear

Quote from: Main Street on February 03, 2009, 03:21:16 PM
Possibly CB is advocating a ban rule to be implemented against lying yellowbelly shítstirrers.

Nope - I'm not going to ask for any bans, best to just continue to highlight the fact some don't have the best intentions for the GAA posters

lynchbhoy

Quote from: dublinfella on February 03, 2009, 03:00:00 PM
Quote from: carribbear on February 03, 2009, 02:27:46 PM
Quote from: dublinfella on February 03, 2009, 02:23:52 PM

No, but a sanction to get him to improve his manners might be in order.

That's gregory-esque behaviour if I ever saw it....sir sir sir sir, he looked at me funny....pull down the Good Friday Agreement!!

Catch yourself on, you know you shouldnt be on a gaa board in the first place

And to prove my point.....

Why shouldn't I be on here? What gives you or Lynchboy the right to police the board?

jeez , I'm policing the board now as well !

what do you call this thread about me then - apart from an 'ode to LB' from some infatuated weirdo (aided and abetted by the usual little helpers!  whom I am pointing out examples of their infatuations to prove them wrong - eg the Celtic thread! :D)

its great that so many think so much of me, even I dont take myself that seriously!  :D  ;)

nifan

Quotewhom I am pointing out examples of their infatuations to prove them wrong - eg the Celtic thread!

your an eejit :D you need to get over yourself ;)

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 03, 2009, 04:19:09 PM
its great that so many think so much of me, even I dont take myself that seriously!  :D  ;)

But you sure do love yourself

lynchbhoy

Quote from: nifan on February 03, 2009, 04:27:28 PM
Quotewhom I am pointing out examples of their infatuations to prove them wrong - eg the Celtic thread!

your an eejit :D you need to get over yourself ;)

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 03, 2009, 04:19:09 PM

But you sure do love yourself
looks like you and wee pals 'love' me more !
:D

nifan

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 03, 2009, 04:32:25 PM
looks like you and wee pals 'love' me more !

If arguing with what you post is "love" you seem to love us too :-*
In fact this whole board is a giant circle jerk

Evil Genius

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 03, 2009, 01:43:55 PM
Quote from: nifan on February 03, 2009, 01:35:42 PM
Your certain its the same person, yet you have zero proof, so you can are already claiming hes covered his tracks without even knowing if there is an ip match, or even a subrange match.
go prove it isnt

So there we have it. LB (gleefully) concludes that MNG and I are the same person, with no other evidence than a superficial similarity in posting styles, yet it is for me to prove that I'm not. (I'm tempted to plead something about there "never being Justice for a Brit in any Irish Court" etc  ;))

For as we all know, it is normally almost impossible to prove a negative of this sort - especially when operating via the anonymity of the internet - yet when I produce evidence indicating it to be highly unlikely, LB attempts to rebut this evidence by pointing to some sort of technical means whereby I could also fake the near simultaneous posting by MNG and myself.

Now as even Donagh avers, anyone who knows my posting record will know that I am a bit of a technophobe - frankly, all this talk of "ip sub-range matches etc" might as well be Swahili, for all it means to me.

Moreover, as Tony Baloney and others have rightly pointed out, why on earth would anyone bother to go to the trouble, some years after he first started posting, to fake something like this?

But I must say, this little episode does intrigue me, for it is yet another manifestation of something which has always struck me about this particular site. You see, unless I am obviously just messing about on a given thread, I think I can claim that I generally try to stick to the issues when posting. Now I don't expect people to agree with, or even be interested in, what I think - that's life. But what I can't understand is why so many people get hung up upon who I am, or what my my motives are.

For soon after I started posting, someone started a Poll, speculating on who I "really" was - Sammy G, Proud to be Gay etc - all of them incorrect, btw. And now there's been a repetition of this from Lynchbhoy. Now I don't actually expect any better from him, for it is clear from the prejudice of his posting that he basically considers that "themmuns" (Prods/Unionists/Brits) are all bigots etc (yep, an irony which is clearly lost on him  ::)). And therefore taking his attitude to its logical conclusion, anyone like Myles Na G who proclaims himself to be one of "Ussuns" (Catholic/Nationalist/Gael), but doesn't conform to the orthodoxy which the likes of Lynchbhoy and his mates would impose on everyone else, must therefore be an imposter of some sort.

Now it's obvious what I think of Lynchbhoy and others of a like mindset: imo they're fundamentally bigoted, but nonetheless don't greatly bother me, for I am also sure that they do not represent the consensus of followers of Gaelic games in the slightest ("Yousuns" are actually NOT all the same).

But for all those others who have wondered about my identity and motives etc when I started posting, rather than what I was actually trying to say, I would ask them to consider this: If, as I've no doubt they sincerely do, they really want GAA to be open to all, then the task of appealing or reaching out to people from my community is made considerably harder when it is accompanied by an almost instinctive suspicion, of the type which I encounter here all the time, even after 2000+ posts.

Just a thought.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Drumanee 1

as shakespeare said "the lady doth protests to much" me thinks ;D

Spirit of 94

Quote from: Evil Genius on February 04, 2009, 11:13:22 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 03, 2009, 01:43:55 PM
Quote from: nifan on February 03, 2009, 01:35:42 PM
Your certain its the same person, yet you have zero proof, so you can are already claiming hes covered his tracks without even knowing if there is an ip match, or even a subrange match.
go prove it isnt

But for all those others who have wondered about my identity and motives etc when I started posting, rather than what I was actually trying to say, I would ask them to consider this: If, as I've no doubt they sincerely do, they really want GAA to be open to all, then the task of appealing or reaching out to people from my community is made considerably harder when it is accompanied by an almost instinctive suspicion, of the type which I encounter here all the time, even after 2000+ posts.

Just a thought.

First off, GAA is open to all. Whether or not one decides to participate is a matter of personal choice.  " Reaching out to people from my community" translates as " drop all you flags,emblems and re-name your teams/grounds and substitute them for something which appeals to ME." If you don't like the GAA, it's objectives and principles, then don't join, simple as that.  The GAA will endeavour to promote itself to all but there are those who, blinded by bigotry, who will never accpet it  for what it is, a wonderful amateur sporting organisation.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Evil Genius on February 04, 2009, 11:13:22 AM
If, as I've no doubt they sincerely do, they really want GAA to be open to all, then the task of appealing or reaching out to people from my community is made considerably harder when it is accompanied by an almost instinctive suspicion, of the type which I encounter here all the time, even after 2000+ posts.
Just a thought.

I think the fact that you have 2000+ posts here says it all really.
Anyone from a nationalist background posting on OWC or another sports forum with naturally unionist tendancies, to make arguments for the GAA or nationalism in general, would not be allowed to make 2000+ posts. They would either be banned or hounded out by personal abuse, in owcs case, quite likely from the mods themselves.
You yourself have been banned twice for breaking the rules of the site (not for your views on the gaa or anything else) and were welcomed back as soon as the bans expired.

Most people on here are entirely tolerant of you and are happy to debate matters with you, as am I.
For people to suspect you are on here to cause trouble isnt exactly shocking. I was accused of the very same thing on OWC when they found I was making arguments in defence of the GAA. Similarly on the Shamrock Rovers Ultras website. The most polite defense of the GAA on there earned me an instant ban and a barrage of abuse.

Of course coming onto a gaa website to criticise the GAA and nationalism is going to raise eyebrows, thats only natural, but lets not pretend its a GAA website issue only.

I know I will be told this is none of my business and that I feel the need to snipe at your every post. Thats to be expected now unfortunately. I've learned to accept you wont take my posts as relevant and instead see them as purely personal. Nothing I can do about this despite however politely I disagree with your points.

But the suggestion that this site is unwelcoming to Unionists, coming from a poster who regularly defends the goings on in the OWC website, does make one wonder.

OK Lynchboy suggested you were Mylesnag, hardly a big enough deal to pretend your political leanings are causing you to be victimised.

I could be wrong, but from what I have seen, theres very few other posters, on here who said they believe that you are MylesnaG.
Ask me holy bollix

Evil Genius

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on February 04, 2009, 12:54:10 PM
as shakespeare said "the lady doth protests to much" me thinks ;D

"How weary, stale, flat, and unprofitable..."

P.S. If you must quote from Shakespeare, at least try to spell it correctly.  ::)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

lynchbhoy

this is some laugh alright ! the 'victimised' eejit is 'taking offenc' at something and whinging about it and now equating this 'terrible treatment' to how the poor unionist/loyalists can justify their suspicion of the GAA because they might get similar 'treatment'.

no the problem is that the first (and plenty of subsequent) salvoes of vitrol have been fired by evil myles (etc etc) on frequent occasions on here (enough to get themselves banned for ott and ignorant behaviour) that have been out of order and not within normal manners or even withing the realm or acceptable internet etiquette.

the said poster has admitted to being on here to cause hassle ('stir shite') and put across his own north of ireland soccer agenda - and to try and equate the GAA to being the same kind of sectarian unit and organisation as ni soccer is.

www.wee-steps.com or some carp like that I think it was.

anyhow if any of our lads stepped out of line in a similar way with bad manners etc, then plenty on here seem to react and take them to task.
why should evil myles (and wee bunch of schoolgirl cronies that jump all in to 'defend' each other when shown up - both of which happens freq) be treated any differently.
Plenty have taken for example Tony and others to task on here,so all posters are treated the same.

as for these idle jibes about me being sectarian/bigoted etc it doesnt bother me as it aint true. People would agree that I have unusual ideas etc, but admit I am fair/honest. So it bothers me not what a self admitting troublemaker levels at me.
I take it as a compliment that my seeing through his negative campaign causes his annoyance meriting a thread dedicated to attempt to malign me.
I just take this guy's falswhoods and lies in his posts to taks , therefore his forked tongued propaganda wont be imbibed by the good denizens of the GAAboard as fact wheras it is mostly fiction.

therein lies his problem with me. He tried the same with Tony when he showed him up, similarly with Saffron sam2.
as Drumanee1 rightly points out
she doth protest too much.
and this protest has highlighted evil myles for what he really is and thus shot himself in the foot again !

nifan

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 04, 2009, 02:27:09 PM
and wee bunch of schoolgirl cronies that jump all in to 'defend' each other when shown up

your calling me for "childish" posts in this thread.
Youve said before nobody can tell you when to post and when not to post when i questioned the sectarian profiling you applied to me, when you jumped in to converstions I was having with other, so its ironic you continually moan about a few people who happen to question your shite.