Leinster Senior Football Championship 2017

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, November 18, 2016, 01:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueandwhite1

Quote from: town1980 on April 28, 2017, 10:09:22 PM
Just out of o Moore park wher we played Carlow in a practice... we won 1-11 to 11.... in one of the worst games I have seen,,, Shocking shocking shocking stuff

Full teams?

Faugheen

How much of that was down to Carlow's blanket defence under Stephen Poacher,or was any of it ???

Gmac

We are a div 4 team same as Carlow why should we expect to beat them by a cricket score ? Because we are Laois ? That means nothing to any teams ,  this mentality has a lot to do with where we are at now .our teams have an inflated opinion of themselves and find it hard to cope when teams out work us or things go wrong in games . It's a must fix for all Laois football teams and has been a problem on a lot of teams over the years.

Unlaoised

I heard we hammered them with nearly a 2nd string
LAOIS ABÚ

Don Draper

Quote from: Unlaoised on April 30, 2017, 03:15:57 AM
I heard we hammered them with nearly a 2nd string
Town1980 can barely spell, so it's entirely possible he can't count either perhaps?

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Gmac on April 29, 2017, 05:05:44 PM
We are a div 4 team same as Carlow why should we expect to beat them by a cricket score ? Because we are Laois ? That means nothing to any teams ,  this mentality has a lot to do with where we are at now .our teams have an inflated opinion of themselves and find it hard to cope when teams out work us or things go wrong in games . It's a must fix for all Laois football teams and has been a problem on a lot of teams over the years.

Well we are certainly doing a fantastic job in lowering expectations.
The cheek of people expecting to be able to compete in Division 3 (Teams 17-24 in the country).
It's like listening to David Moyes for the last 8 months.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

ILikeStrawberryJam

We are a division4 team now.. same as Carlow .. these are the facts ..

Keyser Söze

Quote from: ILikeStrawberryJam on April 30, 2017, 11:01:51 AM

Indeed they are.
At least we are getting good value for money from our investment in the management and preparation of our Senior Football team. Excellent value.
Let's hope we manage to maintain our status as a Senior Football team into the future, and don't slip down the ranks like Kilkenny.

Tony

Yeah because if we slip further down the ranks, like we've been doing clearly at all levels from Minor to Senior for the past 10 years, it's all the new senior management teams fault, even though they've just been there for months.

That makes loads of sense. You've cracked it Keyser.

clonadmad

Quote from: Keyser Söze on April 30, 2017, 03:49:15 PM
Quote from: ILikeStrawberryJam on April 30, 2017, 11:01:51 AM

Indeed they are.
At least we are getting good value for money from our investment in the management and preparation of our Senior Football team. Excellent value.
Let's hope we manage to maintain our status as a Senior Football team into the future, and don't slip down the ranks like Kilkenny.

unlike Laois who are so successful in both Hurling and Football.

Laois will have a larger population than KK by 2030,I wonder what excuse will we use then?

The Monument Road

I believe (pub talk) big Donie has a leg ligament injury that could sideline him for awhile....anyone else hear the rumour

les Antiques

Don't think it's as serious as first feared . Will be touch or go for Longford though .

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: Tony on May 01, 2017, 10:45:10 AM
Yeah because if we slip further down the ranks, like we've been doing clearly at all levels from Minor to Senior for the past 10 years, it's all the new senior management teams fault, even though they've just been there for months.

I thought you were gone till Championship

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Tony on May 01, 2017, 10:45:10 AM

Don't see where I said that.

town1980

Champo Looming  and most of the panel clearly enjoying themselves at the weekend,,, great preparation ,,,, the whole lot is a joke