Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

He was busted and that was the reason he was looking round or he stumbled. Seventeen in that company and doing that is some run. Big future ahead hopefully.

The euro xc is a great event to watch. Great running by the women too getting a bronze.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: redzone on December 12, 2022, 07:51:07 AM
Quote from: Wolfetones on December 12, 2022, 12:02:37 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 11, 2022, 05:05:59 PM
Quote from: Orior on December 11, 2022, 04:49:24 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on December 11, 2022, 04:27:51 PM
https://twitter.com/SportsJOEdotie/status/1601898711587688448

Yes, that was a tough one. I'm sure he will learn.

If he'd stop looking round him he'd not have stumbled

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.
Chubby fella on couch  tells elite runner how to win race

Cubby? If you watched it he turned round and lost his footing? As Tommy said he was busted but was a brilliant effort all the same
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 12, 2022, 08:08:58 AM
He was busted and that was the reason he was looking round or he stumbled. Seventeen in that company and doing that is some run. Big future ahead hopefully.

The euro xc is a great event to watch. Great running by the women too getting a bronze.

Yep,
the legs were gone and whatever drop in the ground caught him out.

That's some running for him as a 17yo @U20.

silver and bronze for Ireland, something going right in Irish athletics.

imtommygunn

Dublin Track club doing some job and there's a new elite bunch started up here. Griggs would train with them but not be in the club. Tbh athletics development is generally despite the athletics bodies not because of them as on both sides of the border they're useless and notorious for it. There are some people putting some really good work in.

(All the runners winning weren't from those clubs but you get ones in the states and some other good ones floating round too)

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 13, 2022, 02:47:37 PM
Dublin Track club doing some job and there's a new elite bunch started up here. Griggs would train with them but not be in the club. Tbh athletics development is generally despite the athletics bodies not because of them as on both sides of the border they're useless and notorious for it. There are some people putting some really good work in.

(All the runners winning weren't from those clubs but you get ones in the states and some other good ones floating round too)

Ciara has been part of team NB based in Manchester I believe but I presume some of the others are picking up scholarships to universities in the states, no?

imtommygunn

Two AFAIK - the Flanagan twins. There wouldn't be many more in the womens. Best prospect was u23 sarah healy who was dnf and she's UCD.

One of the main guys Brian Fay is in the states. He wasn't great sunday but has been breaking track records all round him.

There are a few guys at underage level who are in the states but I am not sure there were many, if any, in the u20 team. They'd be more likely to be u23s. Hadn't followed them that closely.

imtommygunn

Actually looking at the U23 not sure there's that many of them in the states either. There are definitely 4 or 5 boys out there currently too but not sure they're all in those teams. There were some decent showings in the NCAA recently so definitely a few out there.

McElhinny is a huge talent in the u23s and he'd a stinker of a race but isn't american college. The guy Efrim Guidey(I think you spell it that) has came into the country(a few years I think) and is based in dublin.

jcpen

Have been getting back into doing a bit of running since the new year, used to be decent enough at it but long way from those days.
Have an entry into the Dublin Marathon sorted. I'm going to Trim tomorrow for a 10mile race and have a Half Marathon in Newry also in mind for May but not booked yet.
Have slowly but surely been building up the distance, doing all Zone 2 type efforts mainly so pretty slow but can feel the fitness building.
Anyone else training for anything?
Not Tufll or from Laois

trueblue1234

Omagh half lined up for End of March. Been training since the new year as well. Going well. Miles going in right direction. Bout 25 a week or so. Mostly slow pace with few interval/ tempo runs stuck in there.

Think I might have left it a few weeks too late to hit what I was going to aim for. So might try and get another lined up for may/June. What date is the Newry one?
Anyone know any good half marathons around that time (may June)? Ideally on a sat. Don't mind where as could stay if further away.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

imtommygunn

Newry half supposed to be 28th may.

CK_Redhand

No events but I'm chipping away at my pbs. Doing a range from 5k to half marathon. Building up distance to attempt my first full marathon soon as well.

laoislad

Currently training for the Manchester Marathon which is this day 10 weeks.
About to head out the door now for a 30km run, it's -1° at the moment though 🥶
Training going very well so far, nearly too well. Keep waiting for something to go wrong!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Ulster Frank

Quote from: laoislad on February 05, 2023, 07:03:51 AM
Currently training for the Manchester Marathon which is this day 10 weeks.
About to head out the door now for a 30km run, it's -1° at the moment though 🥶
Training going very well so far, nearly too well. Keep waiting for something to go wrong!

Good stuff.  Will be worth it when you finished.

jcpen

30km fair play.I'm getting ready to head to Trim soon to run 16km and I'm dreading it, couldn't fathom doing a further 14km on top of it, well not right now anyway, there was a time it wouldn't have bothered me to run it.
Best of luck for Manchester and also to those training for their half marathons/5kms also. It would great to hear how everyone is getting on, keep me motivated to keep going myself!

Not Tufll or from Laois

quit yo jibbajabba

Currently followin a women on the twitter doing 32mile a day. Into her 90plus day of it. Crazy stuff