Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Golden Years

Quote from: tothetop03 on May 31, 2017, 04:36:58 AM
Quote from: redhandefender on May 31, 2017, 12:22:21 AM
Quote from: tothetop03 on May 30, 2017, 02:43:20 PM
Quote from: redhandefender on May 30, 2017, 02:36:22 PM
Management some bad decisions there was a lad left on who I won't pick out who was having a howler. mits results based therefore they will not be incharge of u 19's I would imagine

questions over the Academy are looming i would say...

The managers were brought in before the academy was even in existance. Holmes will be u 19 manager i would say

They where brought in..during the early days of the academy..... Iggy Gallagher was one of the main men in the academy whenbit started...

IMO Paul Devlin and Iggy Gallagher are clueless. 

Knock Yer Mucker In

They won the minor league, and got beat by 1 pt, by the team that will win Ulster, and were also many peoples favourites to win it,  so that makes them clueless, boyo.

WT4E

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on May 31, 2017, 12:45:02 PM
They won the minor league, and got beat by 1 pt, by the team that will win Ulster, and were also many peoples favourites to win it,  so that makes them clueless, boyo.

Totally agree on this one. Had a good season and had they not come up against Derry this early or even gotten out of Celtic Park on the right side of the result could have went a long way in All Ireland never mind Ulster.

Fuzzman

Why do so many of ye think McCarron and Justy will come back into the team?
Re Justy is it just because of the tight marking job he has done on him before?

As I don't get to see any club football any more, what is Frank Burns best position and what are his strengths?

Dire Ear

Morgan
McCrory
McNamee
McCarron
McCann
M Donnelly
Meyler
McClure
C Cavanagh
Harte
Sludden
R Brennan
Bradley
Sean
Lee Brennan
This would be an interesting team IMO, with McCurry, a McGeary , McNulty to come on for last 15-20

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: Dire Ear on May 31, 2017, 03:08:03 PM
Morgan
McCrory
McNamee
McCarron
McCann
M Donnelly
Meyler
McClure
C Cavanagh
Harte
Sludden
R Brennan
Bradley
Sean
Lee Brennan
This would be an interesting team IMO, with McCurry, a McGeary , McNulty to come on for last 15-20

Aye it would be interesting to play Darragh Canavan top of the left alongside Peter Canavan in his prime, with Frank McGuigan at 11 pulling the strings. Neither proposal is realistic though unfortunately..

Under Lights

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 31, 2017, 02:48:06 PM

As I don't get to see any club football any more, what is Frank Burns best position and what are his strengths?

Frank is another all rounder. He is our long term replacement for Joseph McMahon imo. I think he will eventually operate at 6 this season or next or else operate in a sweeper role. A fine young man. If you had a daughter and he was dating her you'd encourage her to take his seed.

redhandefender

Quote from: Under Lights on May 31, 2017, 03:39:20 PM

Frank is another all rounder. He is our long term replacement for Joseph McMahon imo. I think he will eventually operate at 6 this season or next or else operate in a sweeper role. A fine young man. If you had a daughter and he was dating her you'd encourage her to take his seed.

sweet jesus, sounds like you want to take his seed

Under Lights

Quote from: redhandefender on May 31, 2017, 03:42:21 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on May 31, 2017, 03:39:20 PM

sweet jesus, sounds like you want to take his seed

Frank's loins are only interested in 8s out of 10. I'm a mere 6. One such as me could never pull a Frank.

Dire Ear

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on May 31, 2017, 03:35:33 PM
Quote from: Dire Ear on May 31, 2017, 03:08:03 PM
Morgan
McCrory
McNamee
McCarron
McCann
M Donnelly
Meyler
McClure
C Cavanagh
Harte
Sludden
R Brennan
Bradley
Sean
Lee Brennan

Aye it would be interesting to play Darragh Canavan top of the left alongside Peter Canavan in his prime, with Frank McGuigan at 11 pulling the strings. Neither proposal is realistic though unfortunately..
Thanks for your insightful input

seanmc123

Why do so many of ye think McCarron and Justy will come back into the team?
Re Justy is it just because of the tight marking job he has done on him before?

Simple fuzzman,1 is our best defender the other has experience and the know how to win big games.

seanmc123

Great to be back, I was away there for a few days sunny the ole back. How are you all :)

Fuzzman

Great to see your back Sean123. Did you miss the game on Sunday or see it abroad?

Under Lights, my daughter is 8 and shows no interest in gardening as yet.

In a way I would like to see Mattie go back to CHB but then again if he was up top of the left he could keep Neil McGee busy rather than us watching him bullying poor RoN last year.
How about a FF line of Mattie, Sean and Justy. They wouldn't see that coming.  :o

Thought Meyler was poor on Sunday and could miss out the next day but's it's a 21 man game now

seanmc123

I watched it in Spain while sipping a Sangria. Expected win, nothing new there. The big test lies ahead and i really believe if we can get past Donegal it will boost our fellas confidence big time. Who knows what could happen, but its all down to 3 weeks time

Fuzzman

I think losing the league game so badly down in Ballybofey could help us in a way as it could give them a false sense of security that Tyrone are no big shakes and they are as good if not better than their team last year.
Also, it could act as a motivating factor for our lads that it was probably their worst defeat for some time and they will want to put that right. It will be a great confidence boost to the winner and reminds me a bit of the battles with Armagh back in the noughties.

Their new lads do seemed to have settled in quite well but that hammering they give us that night was a bit out of nowhere when you look at their other results.
Yes they did well to fight back to draw with Dublin at home but they also lost to Kerry at home and only got a draw at home to Monaghan.
Away from home, they only managed to beat Roscommon by a point, yes they beat Cavan well but lost away to Mayo on the last day of the league. To beat Tyrone that night so comprehensively was a big surprise.

They put up a huge score against Antrim but as we saw ourselves against Derry, it's so hard to judge how good you really are in these games as it's so different to playing against a defensive style team.

A lot of the Donegal team this year are untested in the white heat of Ulster football and I think in previous years, the experience the Donegal lads had over our younger lads was a telling factor in their successive run of victories over us. They were further down the line with their system of play.

Of course it will probably be another war of attrition and maybe the most disciplined team will give away the least frees which could be the winning of the game. 2012 was the last time the two teams met in the Ulster semifinal and we know what Donegal went on to do that year. Hard to believe they beat Down in the Ulster final that year