Meath's demise

Started by agorm, July 10, 2016, 11:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Itchy

Trevor Goles says Meath need more top class players. Surely with such amazing insight he should be the next Meath manager?

Jinxy

Trevor Goles should mind his own business, whoever he is.

seafoid

The Meath psyche never recovered after being brutalised  by fancy dans from f**** Connacht.  . The shame. . Neither did Kildare in fact. All you had to do after beating Kerry in the semi was turn up and then that. The Meath lads tried to brush it off by blaming Boylan but it was only projection .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ojy1W6r8L0
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

omaghjoe

Quote from: seafoid on October 28, 2016, 08:28:43 PM
The Meath psyche never recovered after being brutalised  by fancy dans from f**** Connacht.  . The shame. . Neither did Kildare in fact. All you had to do after beating Kerry in the semi was turn up and then that. The Meath lads tried to brush it off by blaming Boylan but it was only projection .

I often wondered is that sung in Scots Gaelic or Irish?

Hardy

Quote from: seafoid on October 28, 2016, 08:28:43 PM

Trevor Goles - f*** off.

thejuice

The JCB's are rolling in to Pairc Tailteann soon to start tearing down the place if the stories coming out from the final are true. Talk of a 25,000 to 30,000 capacity ground to be built. Exact amount of funding coming from GAA is unknown to the public at large. Outline permission for a new stand was granted in 2012 but a quick scan of the Meath CC website has no mention of a full application being granted permission.

All a bit of a mystery but sure what do you expect.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

manfromdelmonte

Heard a few staunch Meath clubmen complaining over the summer about the amount of Dubs who have taken over a lot of the decision making in Meath.
Especially in relation to underage competition formats and tournament permissions etc

Ohtoohtobe

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on October 28, 2016, 10:15:35 AM
Quote from: thejuice on October 28, 2016, 07:03:18 AM
So now it turns out Conor Nash is going to the AFL after signing with Hawthorns for two years.

Well all I can say is SHIT.  :(

Best of luck to him all the same but we certainly could have done with him. Would have been hard with both the AFL and Leinster Rugby after him too.
Very difficult for any young fella not to have a crack at being a professional athlete - hard to blame him and all you can do is wish him the very best of luck - its a wonderful opportunity.

Everyone says this, but I'm starting to question the wisdom of it. The money isn't hectic, the lifestyle is strict, and a tiny fraction of them ever play an AFL game. I'm not sure the opportunity is as wonderful or the decision as clearcut as people make it out to be.

The vast majority of them end up struggling in VFL in front of a couple of thousand people - is that really so much better than playing for your county in Croke Park?

stephenite

Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on October 31, 2016, 04:11:58 AM
So now it turns out Conor Nash is going to the AFL after signing with Hawthorns for two years.

Best of luck to him all the same but we certainly could have done with him. Would have been hard with both the AFL and Leinster Rugby after him too.
Very difficult for any young fella not to have a crack at being a professional athlete - hard to blame him and all you can do is wish him the very best of luck - its a wonderful opportunity.

Everyone says this, but I'm starting to question the wisdom of it. The money isn't hectic, the lifestyle is strict, and a tiny fraction of them ever play an AFL game. I'm not sure the opportunity is as wonderful or the decision as clearcut as people make it out to be.

The vast majority of them end up struggling in VFL in front of a couple of thousand people - is that really so much better than playing for your county in Croke Park?

While trying to hold a full time job/build a career and having to do the same amount of training?

Of course it is so much better

thejuice

It was better for Ciarán Kilkenny to stay at home and he's winning all Ireland's. We're winning f**k all. That's what it comes down to for me. I wish Nash all the best personally but I want Meath to win so I'm not happy about it. We badly need to be able to hang on to talent like Nash.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

seafoid

Quote from: thejuice on October 31, 2016, 10:51:41 AM
It was better for Ciarán Kilkenny to stay at home and he's winning all Ireland's. We're winning f**k all. That's what it comes down to for me. I wish Nash all the best personally but I want Meath to win so I'm not happy about it. We badly need to be able to hang on to talent like Nash.

Money is corroding competition. Yeah the Dubs and the cats are peerless but the system is rotten.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Jinxy

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on October 31, 2016, 02:32:53 AM
Heard a few staunch Meath clubmen complaining over the summer about the amount of Dubs who have taken over a lot of the decision making in Meath.
Especially in relation to underage competition formats and tournament permissions etc

The sooner we get that border wall built the better.

Itchy

Quote from: thejuice on October 30, 2016, 11:02:01 PM
The JCB's are rolling in to Pairc Tailteann soon to start tearing down the place if the stories coming out from the final are true. Talk of a 25,000 to 30,000 capacity ground to be built. Exact amount of funding coming from GAA is unknown to the public at large. Outline permission for a new stand was granted in 2012 but a quick scan of the Meath CC website has no mention of a full application being granted permission.

All a bit of a mystery but sure what do you expect.

Ah they should just tear it down and leave it at that.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on October 31, 2016, 04:11:58 AM

The standard 2 year international rookie contract all the Irish guys are getting is worth €110k over 2 years and that's with accommodation and car paid for plus a number of return flights to Ireland.
For a young lad of 19/20/21 that's seriously decent money especially considering that it's guaranteed pretty much for showing up.

If they get a senior contract, the wages go up and the average Aussie rules annual contract is worth over €200k a year with some of the very top earners are not far off the €1,000,000 a year mark.
Aussie rules has a draft system and salary caps so overall it's fairly clear what sort of money the players are getting.