O'Byrne Cup 2017

Started by thejuice, January 08, 2016, 12:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Feck.

Meath by far the better side as they made possession count.

This effing passing back and forth on the 40 drives me mad. Back and forth, backwards, further backwards, across, across, backwards, lose possession.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  >:(

I see the floodlights in Pairc Tailteann have disappeared. I heard they fell down. Any truth in this?

From the Bunker

Quote from: thejuice on January 24, 2016, 05:29:29 PM
Good win. Can't believe it's ten years since the last one. Winning is a good habit to have and hope these young lads have that mentality. Hopefully those few games will bring us on a bit and we'll have a good run the league.

First silverware in 10 years?

Jinxy

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 24, 2016, 06:00:57 PM
Feck.

Meath by far the better side as they made possession count.

This effing passing back and forth on the 40 drives me mad. Back and forth, backwards, further backwards, across, across, backwards, lose possession.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  >:(

I see the floodlights in Pairc Tailteann have disappeared. I heard they fell down. Any truth in this?

Erosion.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

thejuice

We put them away for the winter and only take them out for the summer as a back up in case the sun doesn't come up some day.

We last won the O'Byrne last time in 2006. We won the bi'hatimber in 2009 or 2010. We Martin Sluddened the Leinster title in 2010.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

I think we can use the league and championship as a springboard to win the O'Byrne Cup back to back.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Throw ball

Now that Meath can mark 2016 as a successful year is there any chance they can let Armagh win in Navan next Sunday? We could do with the points!

Jinxy

Don't go leaving early if we're up by 10 points with 20 minutes to go.
That's when the fun usually starts.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Declan

Nice to see young Cillian O'Sullivan back after a bad injury - See he scored the goal - How'd he do in general play?

Dinny Breen

Nice to see Meath back with the elite.
#newbridgeornowhere

thejuice

Bump

When are we getting fixtures?

Looking forward to something of a statement of intent from the new management. Although it is hard to do more than what we achieved in this competition but its the manner in which we play that matters.

And ultimately it needs to carry on into the league.

Shamrock Shore

Juice

The tables are usually done in early December afaik. Usually the Longford GAA twitter is quick to publish them so I will be in like Flynn here with them.

It really is a most wonderful competition. Ticks all the boxes for the likes of me.

• A competition we have a chance of winning
  • Beat the Dubs in 2016 - the only side to do so
  • Gets us away from the telly and Super Sunday shite
  • Allows us to sneer at fair weather fans - "were YOU at the O'Byrne Cup match v Carlow in the snow?"
  • Money generated goes to a worthwhile cause
  • Gives an indication of how the League may shape up

Bring it on!

The Insider

Leinster meeting tonight (Wednesday) doing 2017 minor leagues draws, so I assume O Byrne cup also on the agenda

Shamrock Shore

Draw was made tonight....but nothing on Leinster GAA website.

I do know that in Longford's group we have Kildare, Offaly and Carlow IT.

thejuice

We have Laois Wicklow and DIT in our group.

Should get out of that one all going well.

Croí na hÉireann

Did we avoid the juggernaut?
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...