The Masters 2013.

Started by laoislad, April 04, 2013, 07:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Without a shadow of a doubt this is my favourite Golf tournament.
Tiger back on form as well for it should make it very interesting.
Wouldn't right off the hairy bollix Mcilroy either even though he is playing catmalogen at the minute.

My hard earned dosh is going on each way bets for Woods,Mcilroy,Bubba Watson and...... very small bets on Garcia and Westwood because they have to come good some day!

Also at 300/1 Mark LeishLaoisman is worth a €1 bet surely!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

It would be great to see Sergio land a big one but he seems mentally shot.

I throw a few quid on Westwood every year thinking the same as you! No more!

sans pessimism

For the last week, the wife has had full control of the RC
but has been advised that come thurs night,until sun night
she is outta the loop as regards de telly.And if the mother
in law even THINKS about visiting during those hours........
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

DrinkingHarp

If I was betting, my top 5 in no order would be Woods, McDowell, Snedker (if fully healthy), Schwartzel, Bradley.

Top 5 if the have big (>50 to 1) odds  Rose, Hass, Walker, Day and Cink.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

highorlow

Everything points to Adam Scott this year. He is a big price at 28/1.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

leaveherinsir

Definitely always heralds the real start of the golf season as Laoislad says. Hard to see past Woods and Mickelson as the two main favourites. However as in all of the majors there is at least 50 who could winthis. Wouldnt fancy Scott tho. Last years open still has to haunt him down the stretch on Sunday if he is contending. Just a pity its only on BBC at weekend.

charlieTully

i had a bet on steve stricker after his recent second to woods, 80/1 at time, around 66/1 now. i like Louis Oosthuizen and had backed last year at a 100/1, not a mission of a price anywhere near that this time. will back him, Charl S and G-Mac.

Gabriel_Hurl

Jason Day 45/1, KJ Choi 90/1 and Thorbjorn Oleson 125/1 would be my E/W outside bets this year.

Puckoon

Head says Tiger

Betting man looking for value says Louis, Phil

Heart says GMAC.

Westwood is back with the putting woes. Can't see it happening - and Sergio could prove us all wrong - but he seems very much a beaten docket in his current state.

highorlow

QuoteLast years open still has to haunt him down the stretch on Sunday if he is contending.

Long forgotten in his head I'd say. McIlroy gets over his blow up(s).
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Canalman

Dustin Johnson to win E10.

Small e/w bets on KJ Choi and Angel Cabrera.

After a quick google it would seem Harrington is double booked to play 2 tournaments this weekend........ the masters and another in Texas I think. Probably a simple explanation????

muppet

Quote from: Canalman on April 05, 2013, 10:40:02 AM

After a quick google it would seem Harrington is double booked to play 2 tournaments this weekend........ the masters and another in Texas I think. Probably a simple explanation????

The Masters is on next weekend.
MWWSI 2017

laoislad

Quote from: muppet on April 05, 2013, 11:02:58 AM
Quote from: Canalman on April 05, 2013, 10:40:02 AM

The Masters is on next weekend.

Tony Fearon booked a hotel in Augusta for this weekend.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Rois

A guy in work is heading out, has tickets to the practice days or something.

His careful calculation using tried and tested Man Maths techniques has resulted in him persuading his wife (who gave birth to their second child less than 3 months ago) that it is CHEAPER to go to Vegas for four nights before heading to Augusta.  Some craic.

heganboy

Quote from: Rois on April 05, 2013, 11:45:29 AM
A guy in work is heading out, has tickets to the practice days or something.

His careful calculation using tried and tested Man Maths techniques has resulted in him persuading his wife (who gave birth to their second child less than 3 months ago) that it is CHEAPER to go to Vegas for four nights before heading to Augusta.  Some craic.

very impressive- anyone trying to fill a sales position should look no further...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity