The Open Championship 2012

Started by laoislad, July 16, 2012, 11:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Really fancy Harrington this week,he has been playing very well lately and I get the feeling he has being building up to this one all season.
Tiger after winning a few tournaments lately too and could also be in with a shout.

My picks

P Harrington 18/1
Tiger Woods 9/1
Jason Dufner  40/1
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on July 16, 2012, 11:26:04 PM
Really fancy Harrington this week,he has been playing very well lately and I get the feeling he has being building up to this one all season.
Tiger after winning a few tournaments lately too and could also be in with a shout.

My picks

P Harrington 18/1
Tiger Woods 9/1
Jason Dufner  40/1
Aye Harrington has definitely found some form and has Major pedigree. Would say the weather will cut up roug at some point and a lot of column inches printed on the thickness of the rough. Might favour a homegrown winner but if was going for a longer odds e/w punt I'd go Kuchar or Stricker.

Would like to see Westwood win it but needs to find some form with the putter.

laoislad

Not wasting any more money backing Westwood in majors.

he will probably romp to victory in this one now....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on July 16, 2012, 11:41:26 PM

O'Neill's faith in DC was paid last year! Westwood has the game to win it so I'm having a wee punt on him and maybe Stricker.

thewobbler

The course should be set up perfectly for Westwood and Donald. Westwood in particular is always thereabouts in Majors and I reckon he'll go close.

I can't see Padraig winning. This course is about driving accuracy, not scrambling ability.

My small stakes are on Garcia, Dustin Johnston and Siem. But I'd a longlist of 15 or so.

heganboy

we play a pick five for the majors, 4 pound each way. odds from PP
predictables:
poulter 40-1
mcdowell 33-1
outsiders:
fisher 66-1
lawrie 66-1
punt:
calcavecchia 400-1
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

ONeill

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 17, 2012, 12:17:42 AM
Quote from: laoislad on July 16, 2012, 11:41:26 PM

O'Neill's faith in DC was paid last year! Westwood has the game to win it so I'm having a wee punt on him and maybe Stricker.

My PP account will remain firmly shut this weekend.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rossie11

Harrington 18/1
Curtis 130/1
Goosen 170/1
Romero 230/1
Kaymer 50/1

Top yank
Davis Love 50/1

Declan

Don't you just love the thread title -Cmon Hardy  ;) 

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 16, 2012, 11:35:56 PM
Quote from: laoislad on July 16, 2012, 11:26:04 PM

My picks

P Harrington 18/1
Tiger Woods 9/1
Jason Dufner  40/1
Aye Harrington has definitely found some form and has Major pedigree. Would say the weather will cut up roug at some point and a lot of column inches printed on the thickness of the rough. Might favour a homegrown winner but if was going for a longer odds e/w punt I'd go Kuchar or Stricker.

Would like to see Westwood win it but needs to find some form with the putter.
Went e/w with following (PP paying e/w on top 7 places):

Westwood 15/1
Kuchar 50/1
Cabrera 200/1

Hardy

It's a lost cause, Declan. When you have Irish people, even self-styled "republicans", referring to "the queen" you know you might as well give up and let them at it as they look forward the "the boat race" or some promotion of "the RFU" or "the FA" on the mainland.

RealSpiritof98

Michael Hoey at 200/1 could be the underdog bet, proven Links winner and actually played the last open here as a amateur.

Rossie11

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on July 17, 2012, 04:48:55 PM
Michael Hoey at 200/1 could be the underdog bet, proven Links winner and actually played the last open here as a amateur.
I have him backed to be 1st rd leader @100's

Gazzler

Think Harrington has a great chance.

stew

Quote from: Gazzler on July 17, 2012, 06:44:09 PM
Think Harrington has a great chance.

He wont make the cut!

I fancy a rank outsider to win it, as such i have backed five players at 50/1 or more to win the thing.

Hope woods fails to make the cut and any Irishman will do me as a winner. ;D
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.