The Cricket thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, March 05, 2007, 03:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

true ulster gael

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 05, 2007, 05:02:57 PM
QuotePost by true ulster gael is ignored  [reveal post]  [reveal all posts by true ulster gael]  [stop ignoring this user]
you are a liar
you cant ignore posts by others

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: true ulster gael on March 05, 2007, 04:52:12 PM
cant believe that so called gaels are interested in this shit

Surely you should be all for a team representing a 32 County Ireland?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Armaghtothebone

I personally dont care if it's cricket, ballroom dancing or tiddlywinks. If a man is wearing the Irish jersey then I'm supporting him.
All this true gaels crap makes want to puke

true ulster gael

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 05, 2007, 05:31:01 PM
Quote from: true ulster gael on March 05, 2007, 04:52:12 PM
cant believe that so called gaels are interested in this shit

Surely you should be all for a team representing a 32 County Ireland?
i might if all of them were not a bunch of west brits

Rick O Shea

Major colour clash there   :o  :P

And everyone thought that just happened in the gaa... 

The Real Laoislad

Can anyone explain the scoring system of cricket to me?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

It's not as complicated as people think

For 1 day internationals like the World Cup

Each team have 50 overs (300 balls) to score as many runs as they can.

The object of the bowling team is to get 10 men out on the other team

So if Ireland are 95 for 2 off 21 overs - it means they have scored 95 runs and have 2 men out after 126 balls

The Real Laoislad

True Ulster Gael shut the f**k up and that comment about west brits playing it well it's not very True Gael like if your calling your own country men british because they happen to play a sport you don't care for

I have tried watching it but just can't get into it i have a basic understanding of the rules and scoring but it's not for me i find it boring to be honest,But i love Golf and some people find this boring so i can understand why someone might like cricket everyone has different intrests

This doesn't mean im anti cricket or think it's a english sport and thats why i don't like it or anything else it's just not for me
Saying that I'd love to see Ireland do well in any sport and while i won't be watching it i hope they win of course as im Irish and they are representing us
You'll Never Walk Alone.

stew

If Ireland is playing I support he, she or them, period end of!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Gabriel_Hurl

charlie linkbox

107 for 4 now after 32 overs.
The general consensus in ODI cricket is that you double your score after 30 overs (coz that's when you start to open up a bit and slog a few to the boundary). That being the case, Ireland have a reasonable chance, especially with 6 wickets still in hand. This means we can afford to take a few risks and lose a few men.

Lads whether yous hate cricket or not I wouldn't pass up the chance to attend an ODI if yous get a chance. They're some day out on the beer - great craic.
I was of the "cricket is crap" brigade and then spent a year in NZ where you couldn't avoid cricket if you tried. Got hooked on it and now think its a great game (well, ODI's and Twenty20 at least - test cricket IS boring).

ONeill

Nail-biting stuff. Can't see them hitting 150 though. The Mooneys are shite.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gabriel_Hurl

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.