Ride on Lawnmower

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 01, 2009, 10:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

In all seriousness have you considered a goat?

Dougal Maguire

Don't be acting the goat.
Careful now

snoopdog

Fence half of it off and let a farmer graze a few calves on it. That's a massive garden.

johnnycool

Quote from: snoopdog on March 21, 2018, 10:01:49 PM
Fence half of it off and let a farmer graze a few calves on it. That's a massive garden.

Put it into spuds and a few rows of carrots and stuff, make it work for you.

illdecide

Quote from: Itchy on March 21, 2018, 08:26:01 PM
Quote from: illdecide on March 21, 2018, 09:08:46 AM
TBH with that amount of money i doubt you'll get anything decent, probably buy someone else problem

Indeed I hope he hasn't been waiting all this time for your reply!

I wasn't trying to take the piss, I have searched a lot on mowers and bought a few and TBH for that type of money you'd be buying someone elses worn out mower who have decided to upgrade
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

trueblue1234

Quote from: illdecide on March 22, 2018, 11:02:38 AM
TBH with that amount of money i doubt you'll get anything decent, probably buy someone else problem

I wasn't trying to take the piss, I have searched a lot on mowers and bought a few and TBH for that type of money you'd be buying someone elses worn out mower who have decided to upgrade

I'd agree. If you've a good eye you might be able to pick one up on Ebay, gumtree, or Done deal for that price. But if you're not sure what to look for then you always run the risk of buying problems. While you will get the odd person who will want to buy the new flashy model most people only look to sell on their mowers when it's starting to cause problems, need constant maintenance. So I'd be very wary. Course if you go through a shop that sells refurbished yokes then at least you have some come back.
But for that size a garden I'd have said you'd need one with a fairly large Cutting width 42 cm +. HP becomes an issue if you've got slopes as well. 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Itchy

Quote from: illdecide on March 22, 2018, 11:02:38 AM

I know. I meant the op dates back to 2009 so I'd hope he bought his mower at this stage!

Karl Kennedy

No lawnmower bought yet and TBH with this weather I may not need one.

A number of people have recommended Mountfield, Castel Garden, Husqvarna and Alko but still unsure what to go for. I would prefer the Hydrostatic mower as it's automatic but I know they are more expensive.

More advice was not to go with side collector as it always has to be cleared so best to go with collector at the back of mower.

I will just have to hope one is advertised on Gumtree / Donedeal or EBay for reasonable money.

Dougal Maguire

Careful now