The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

Quote from: Mikhailov on February 13, 2014, 09:27:21 AM
I was just talking to a 'pool fan from London on the phone who was at the game and he is very concerned by poor body language between Suarez and sturridge. I know there was the Everton incident but surely that has now been brushed under the carpet and forgot about between the 2 of them. I sincerely hope someone replies back immediately to dispel my fears about this with concrete assurance that all is well.....

I noticed that too - he clearly doesnt like to be no2 in terms of whos scoring the goals, and it is definitely something that will need managed. Suarez is no1, and in fairness Rodgers seems conscious of that, and does appear to be managing it - taking Sturridge off v Everton after they had their row. Hopefully he'll be back on the scoresheet soon, and that will ease all fears.

deiseach

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 13, 2014, 10:05:07 AM
The best chance of securing 4th is to try and catch the leaders rather than looking over the shoulder at spurs.

liverpool have a run of home games in march/april thats is: spurs/city/chelsea
after that they could be dreaming about the title or in a real battle to even get 4th

Obviously I'm hoping Liverpool repeat the form of 1982 and 1986 (34 points from their last 36). I'm just trying to rationalise in my head how to view the Chelsea-Everton game. An Everton win increases the slim chances of Liverpool winning the title but reduces the decent chances of Liverpool finishing in the top four. Worth it?

AZOffaly

I wouldn't worry about that one bit. On the pitch Suarez wants to be the main man, but at the same time he has more assists than anyone in the league I think. On the training ground he is apparently one of the best workers, and gets on great with the rest of them.

He always wants to be scoring. He's frustrated when he doesn't. Someone will pay for that shortly, but I'm happy that he is on edge. As long as he doesn't bite someone we're okay.

AZOffaly

Quote from: deiseach on February 13, 2014, 10:11:44 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 13, 2014, 10:05:07 AM
The best chance of securing 4th is to try and catch the leaders rather than looking over the shoulder at spurs.

liverpool have a run of home games in march/april thats is: spurs/city/chelsea
after that they could be dreaming about the title or in a real battle to even get 4th

Obviously I'm hoping Liverpool repeat the form of 1982 and 1986 (34 points from their last 36). I'm just trying to rationalise in my head how to view the Chelsea-Everton game. An Everton win increases the slim chances of Liverpool winning the title but reduces the decent chances of Liverpool finishing in the top four. Worth it?

Draw. Draw all day.

Bingo

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 13, 2014, 10:07:32 AM
It's humour. Brendan Rodgers laughed at Mourinho's 'little horses' comment and said maybe LFC were the chihuahuas running between the horses legs. Are we in the market for Mexican strikers?

Ah right, missed that. Cheers.

blewuporstuffed

going through the fixtures there i think Liverpool will realistically finish with about 80 points.
Probably not enough to challenge for the title.
That is counting on a draw in both the city & chelsea games. (as well as the united,southampton & spurs games)
win either of those though...........
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

Quote from: Bingo on February 13, 2014, 09:48:47 AM
I would see Suarez as been fustrated from not scoring - hit the post in last two games - and he looks dead on his feet. Hasn't had a rest in an age and he plays at 100mph all the time. I'll give him a break for the game sunday, which he mightn't like either. I'd hope it isn't a case of him been off cause of the Everton game or that he's been shifted out wide at times since Sturridge came back. A goal V Swansea and he'll be fine. I don't even think he celebrated Gerards peno been scored and its normally a love-in with those two  :D

Be interesting to see how Arsenal approach the cup. They may well for a morale boasting win or conisder the tough run of games they have and rotate. No idea what they'll do.

Liverpool should rest a few, Suarez and either of Sterling/Countinho. Even Flanagan perhaps given his age and recent injuries. Toure should get a good rest. Agger, Kelly, Aspas, Allen can all come in and get a run.

Are in the title race? Without doubt, 4 pts off top and two teams above us to come to Anfield. Can we win it? Maybe, I'd not bet on them or am far from convinced they can but they have to continue to look up rather than behing them.

As Rodgers keeps saying, one game at a time.
Has Bingo just outed himself as being Brendan Rodgers!!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

thewobbler

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 13, 2014, 10:14:41 AM
going through the fixtures there i think Liverpool will realistically finish with about 80 points.
That is counting on a draw in both the city & chelsea games. (as well as the united,southampton & spurs games)

No chance, none at all of hitting 80. The squad just isn't there to improve on form so far this season, and even if he's been quieter in the past few games, a suspension or injury to Suarez is enough to unhinge everything.

Liverpool won't break 75 pts. If they do I'll give £96 to one of your black armband funds.

AZOffaly

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: thewobbler on February 13, 2014, 01:51:03 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 13, 2014, 10:14:41 AM

No chance, none at all of hitting 80. The squad just isn't there to improve on form so far this season, and even if he's been quieter in the past few games, a suspension or injury to Suarez is enough to unhinge everything.

Liverpool won't break 75 pts. If they do I'll give £96 to one of your black armband funds.
They don't have to improve to beat your 75 point mark, if they carry on at the current points per game average they will end up with 77 points.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

deiseach

Quote from: thewobbler on February 13, 2014, 01:51:03 PM

We'll hold you to that.

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 13, 2014, 01:56:57 PM
What's a 'black armband fund'?

He seems to have some sort of hang up about Liverpool FC and their support for things like Hillsborough.

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 02, 2013, 09:07:30 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on May 02, 2013, 09:08:15 AM
LFC could save a lot of time and effort if they had a black armband sewn into their kit design.

What a shit comment
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

deiseach

Quote from: laoislad on February 13, 2014, 02:52:54 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 13, 2014, 01:56:57 PM
What's a 'black armband fund'?

He seems to have some sort of hang up about Liverpool FC and their support for things like Hillsborough.

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 02, 2013, 09:07:30 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on May 02, 2013, 09:08:15 AM
LFC could save a lot of time and effort if they had a black armband sewn into their kit design.

What a shit comment

Walter Cronc