The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: the Deel Rover on October 09, 2010, 04:23:06 PM
any one see the wee 8 year old boy singing with the high kings last night , i thought he was brilliant
Aye he was very good.

When will Tubridy shut the f**k up about the recession?! Also those two blades at the end would scunner you...Terri Prone was the less annoying of the two.

The Real Laoislad

I had to look up the meaning of scunner,never heard that word before

scunner [ˈskʌnə (Scot) ˈskʌnər] Dialect chiefly Scot
vb
1. (intr) to feel aversion
2. (tr) to produce a feeling of aversion in
n
1. a strong aversion (often in the phrase take a scunner to)
2. an object of dislike; nuisance
[from Scottish skunner, of unknown origin]

You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 09, 2010, 05:13:03 PM
I had to look up the meaning of scunner,never heard that word before

scunner [ˈskʌnə (Scot) ˈskʌnər] Dialect chiefly Scot
vb
1. (intr) to feel aversion
2. (tr) to produce a feeling of aversion in
n
1. a strong aversion (often in the phrase take a scunner to)
2. an object of dislike; nuisance
[from Scottish skunner, of unknown origin]

You scunner me sometimes.
Testing Accessibility

Lawrence of Knockbride

I had to look at the last few posts to make I was reading them right. The wee lad was great? I flicked over and saw it. All he was missing was the leprachaun suit. One step up from Crystal Swing. Play a tried and tested song and put a little lad singing and watch the Irish drool. Boyzone......Westlife........Crystal Swing.......Jedward........Little Fella...........the evolution of Irish music.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on October 09, 2010, 05:53:32 PM
I had to look at the last few posts to make I was reading them right. The wee lad was great? I flicked over and saw it. All he was missing was the leprachaun suit. One step up from Crystal Swing. Play a tried and tested song and put a little lad singing and watch the Irish drool. Boyzone......Westlife........Crystal Swing.......Jedward........Little Fella...........the evolution of Irish music.

all i said was i thought he was great here was a 8 year old who has spent a lot of time in hospital who gets up and releases a single the proceeds which will go to temple street childrens hospital yet there you are having a cut at the wee lad . get a grip ffs  ::)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Maguire01

Quote from: the Deel Rover on October 09, 2010, 06:50:42 PM

all i said was i thought he was great here was a 8 year old who has spent a lot of time in hospital who gets up and releases a single the proceeds which will go to temple street childrens hospital yet there you are having a cut at the wee lad . get a grip ffs  ::)
There's a difference between doing something good and actually being any good.
Any clips online?

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 09, 2010, 07:03:07 PM

There's a difference between doing something good and actually being any good.
Any clips online?

i know maguire , i didn't say he was going to be irelands next best thing i just thought that for an 8 year old he was excellent imo and i enjoyed it then again i like shane mc gowan so who knows
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

haranguerer

Thats got sweet f**k all to do with now good he was in fairness.  Being patronising is a lot worse than being honest.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: haranguerer on October 09, 2010, 07:14:20 PM

Thats got sweet f**k all to do with now good he was in fairness.  Being patronising is a lot worse than being honest.

was that comment not just a tad patronising as well .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

rosnarun

Quote from: the Deel Rover on October 09, 2010, 07:43:05 PM

i dont care how much you think you enjoyed it
your just not allowed to.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 09, 2010, 04:42:27 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on October 09, 2010, 04:23:06 PM
any one see the wee 8 year old boy singing with the high kings last night , i thought he was brilliant
Aye he was very good.

When will Tubridy shut the f**k up about the recession?! Also those two blades at the end would scunner you...Terri Prone was the less annoying of the two.

Never, every wk he has someone on telling us the same ol rubbish.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

the Deel Rover

i understand that now ros thanks for clearing it up for me
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

haranguerer

Quote from: the Deel Rover on October 09, 2010, 07:43:05 PM

The leprechaun suit bit? No, thats not patronising.

Lawrence of Knockbride

I don't blame the young lad, he's f**king 8. But it's typical of Irish entertainment to put a young lad like that on the TV. No idea what you mean by patronising in relation to the leprachaun suit.

Tony Baloney

Jeez get over yourselves. I think the point being made that yer wee lad was great getting up and singing with The High Kings. The "great" part being that despite spending most of his life battling some tumour on his pituitary gland he has a bit of spirit as opposed to c***ts i.e. the rest of Ireland feeling sorry for themselves because they have to give up the flat in Bulgaria and get rid of the 530d.