The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Capt Pat on February 13, 2010, 07:55:17 PM
Did anyone see Hollywood "Legend" Samuel L Jackson on the Late Late. I was reading in the paper that while he played a round of golf in the k club with Ronan Keating, he was accompanied the whole way by a security guard. Was that really necessary, Ronan Keating isn't that bad ;D

Seriously though, why would he need a security guard while playing golf in the k club?
EC Unique thought he was Ronan Keating's caddy.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: ziggysego on February 13, 2010, 01:31:19 PM
Did anyone else cringe when Samuel L. Jackson was about to announce the winner and Tubrity asked for the envelope off him as he wanted to.

Jesus it was bad. Samuel gave him a wile look.

Aye Ziggy, had to change the channel such was the embarassment I myself felt. Tubridy's smugness is brutal, particularly evident in contrast to the 'coolest man alive'.

"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Nally Stand

Tony Baloney why do you suggest i'm lying about this method of collusion? I'm speaking about it based on the certified fact that this was a theme reported by witnesses in many murders. I also speak from having witnessed my own home's internal layout being sketched. If you believe, like you say, that collusion happened, why challenge me on this point? Or should I say, why challenge those families who fell victim to it on this point?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 13, 2010, 09:51:34 PM
Tony Baloney why do you suggest i'm lying about this method of collusion? I'm speaking about it based on the certified fact that this was a theme reported by witnesses in many murders. I also speak from having witnessed my own home's internal layout being sketched. If you believe, like you say, that collusion happened, why challenge me on this point? Or should I say, why challenge those families who fell victim to it on this point?
I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm just saying it seems strange that the peelers or Brits needed to point out the exact bedroom by sketching the interior layout. I can see them passing the address and ensuring safe passage for the gunmen to and from the hit. We know this happened. Maybe I wouldn't have been much of a terrorist!

Nally Stand

Facts are though, that it is how it was reported by witnesses. Lets face it, if you were an RUC man preparing a gunman to carry out such an attack, would you assume he could immediately find his victim in a dark house with no lights on, interior doors closed and more than one bedroom? I don't see what makes it hard to believe.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

wicked

Aoise

Maybe I got it wrong but my perception was that the applause was in fact for Gerry Adams and not for Tubridy.  It was a totally farcical point he was making and the smug manner in which he made it didn't do him any favours.  Gerry Adams was both sincere and heartfelt I thought last night.  He's a much too intelligent man to let the weasel get any over on him. I thought Adams came accross well.

Zapatista

Bernard Dunne on it. I just caught the end of his interview. I'm no fan of boxing and never seen Dunne untill he after became champion. Seen him loads of times sinse. I really like the guy. He seems like one of the most honest and genuine sportsmen out there. I always feel better after watching one of his interviews. He has retired but I don't care as I'm not a boxing fan. He's said he'll be staying about maybe for RTE which will br pretty cool. Didn't know he was from Neilstown. He's going to write a book which I look forward to.

Tuffer is an awfull p***k. He asked Dunnes wife why Bernard was hard to live with in the first few weks after he lost his world title ::)

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Aoise on February 14, 2010, 01:30:56 PM
Maybe I got it wrong but my perception was that the applause was in fact for Gerry Adams and not for Tubridy.  It was a totally farcical point he was making and the smug manner in which he made it didn't do him any favours.  Gerry Adams was both sincere and heartfelt I thought last night.  He's a much too intelligent man to let the weasel get any over on him. I thought Adams came accross well.

Didn't see the interview, was out, but that is what my family took from it too.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Zapatista

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 19, 2010, 11:29:56 PM
Quote from: Aoise on February 14, 2010, 01:30:56 PM

Didn't see the interview, was out, but that is what my family took from it too.

After looking at it again I think you're right. It would be very encouraging to think that the Irish people see little to no difference in the old ira and the provos. :P

Zapatista

Quote from: hardstation on February 20, 2010, 12:07:53 AM
This could give this thread another 20 page kick up the hole.

fixed

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Thought Martin McAlease was good to listen to tonight, well when RT would actually let him talk. Had plenty of good stories about growing up and his father, pity had to be cut short when that other gobshite over ran his stand up.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: hardstation on February 20, 2010, 01:30:05 AM
Did Martin mention his GAA background? Or his Antrim championship medal with a club he once denied he ever played for? Or marking ("doing the right thing") Gerry Armstrong in the same Antrim championship?

He mentioned it a wee bit HS, in between Tubridy's constant interruptions...I know he played minor for Antrim (despite living in Down ;)).  What club did he play for...obviously not the Johnnies...??
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Farrandeelin

Tubridy is an annoying hoor for interupting people. PS, I don't see any difference between the Old IRA or the Provos. Both fought an armed campaign to free Ireland from British rule. The old IRA 'succeeded' in freeing 26 counties back in the 20s while the Provos 'succeeded' in bringing the Stormont regime as it was down. Hopefully, although I very much doubt it the Unionist majority in NI will become a minority and there will be a UI in my lifetime, although I wouldn't bet on it either.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

lynchbhoy

give it another couple of decades and people will say these campaigns were essentially the same !