The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Anyone else want to add 4 inches to their height?

mylestheslasher

Think Gerry has still questions to answer about his niece and brother but thought Tubridy was a little bollix to see some difference between armed struggle within his own family and the armed struggle in the north and then refused to explain it.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 12, 2010, 11:42:51 PM
Think Gerry has still questions to answer about his niece and brother but thought Tubridy was a little bollix to see some difference between armed struggle within his own family and the armed struggle in the north and then refused to explain it.
Why so? The Republican movement back in day is seen as a nobler undertaking than the criminal undertakings of the modern era Provisionals. Tubridy is hardly gonna sit and compare his grandfather with the people responsible for Enniskillen etc etc.

Maguire01

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 12, 2010, 07:56:47 PM
Will "oh ah up the Ra" feature in the
chorus?
I'n not really into that music myself, but it sounded like a racket.

orangeman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 12, 2010, 11:54:32 PM
Why so? The Republican movement back in day is seen as a nobler undertaking than the criminal undertakings of the modern era Provisionals. Tubridy is hardly gonna sit and compare his grandfather with the people responsible for Enniskillen etc etc.

It's all a matter of timing.

You can be a hero or a traitor - it just depends on the time you decided that you were prepared to fight for mother Ireland.

You also can be both a hero and traitor at the same time !

Zapatista

Why don't you have a go at explaining what Tuffers wouldn't? Why did his garanda fight the Brits, then fellow Irishmen?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Zapatista on February 13, 2010, 12:14:33 AM
He's the interviewer and therefore doesn't have to answer any questions. You did notice what side of the desk he was on?

Why don't you have a go at explaining what Tuffers wouldn't? Why did his garanda fight the Brits, then fellow Irishmen?

Zapatista

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 13, 2010, 12:20:05 AM

He's the interviewer and therefore doesn't have to answer any questions. You did notice what side of the desk he was on?

I didn't ask him, i asked you.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Jesus Tubridy was awful tonight. I missed Gerry as I couldn't stick him anymore during Sam Jackson's interview. FFS Jackson must be the best guest ever, just let him talk, but naw Tubridy has be a condescending p***k as per usual.

Awful, awful.

They should've just filmed tonights show in Felons.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

balladmaker

QuoteThey should've just filmed tonights show in Felons.

Nice to see a decent show for a change.

Nally Stand

Baloney you talk some baloney. There is no difference between the men who fought in the tan war and the men who fought in our generation. Enniskillen should not have happened, the IRA accepted that and apologised but they, like their predecessors,  focussed on military targets. Are you gullible enough to think that innocent people weren't killed in the 1920's? Free state double standards sicken me.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

ziggysego

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 12, 2010, 10:36:00 PM
Anyone else want to add 4 inches to their height?

I'll take whatever's going.
Testing Accessibility

Maguire01

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 13, 2010, 12:58:06 AM
There is no difference between the men who fought in the tan war and the men who fought in our generation. Enniskillen should not have happened, the IRA accepted that and apologised but they, like their predecessors,  focussed on military targets. Are you gullible enough to think that innocent people weren't killed in the 1920's? Free state double standards sicken me.
What's the difference then, between what happened at the start of the last century, what happened during the last 40 years and what happened at Massarene and Lurgan last year - you know, the death of what many republicans would have called 'legitimate targets', where McGuinness descriped the "men who fought" as "traitors"?

Nally Stand

Because Maguire, unlike in the provos era, the conditions now exist to exercise a peaceful road.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Maguire01

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 13, 2010, 10:30:17 AM
Because Maguire, unlike in the provos era, the conditions now exist to exercise a peaceful road.
Ah right. That's okay then.
::)