Do you know of a genuine fan not getting an AI ticket?

Started by Barney, August 18, 2007, 12:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 21, 2007, 09:26:37 AM
QuoteHave to disagree.As long as tickets are in the hands of clubs then yes the clubs have a vested interest in rewarding "the club man." But that is not necessarily the way it should be.

Yes it is. Without the club man there'd be no county matches for the sunshiners to go and see.

Not much sunshine at the McKenna Cup or at the National league Seanie.

The GAA is quite happy to take my money all year to watch the county team, why should'nt that earn me some sort of preferential treatment when it comes to tickets for big games.

On anonther note, how much football does a county player actually play for his club?

tyrone realist

Quote from: Armaghtothebone on August 21, 2007, 08:13:18 PM

Not much sunshine at the McKenna Cup or at the National league Seanie.

The GAA is quite happy to take my money all year to watch the county team, why should'nt that earn me some sort of preferential treatment when it comes to tickets for big games.

On anonther note, how much football does a county player actually play for his club?

For me the ethos of the GAA is built primarily on giving rather than receiving. As such that's why you shouldn't be given preferential treatment ahead of  the club bus driver / the tea maker / the groundsman etc. It's takes a lot of time to run the club and sometimes it will be to the detriment of seeing the county teams. Over the course of the year, it's quite a few hours, voluntarily and often at their own cost - why shouldn't they get the occasional perk - unless your from Kerry or Kilkenny it's not every year you're in an All-Ireland final.

About county men playing for the club, what I can say is in Tyrone County men would have played at least a dozen club league games in 03/05 plus Club Championship. This year, they'll finish up playing 16 - 18 league games I'd say.

imagine

whoever buys it should 1..get to the match and then 2.. hand the ticket back to Croke park to report the sc**bag who sells these on e-bay

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: 5iveTimes on August 25, 2007, 08:48:54 PM
I am in 2 minds about tickets on flea bay. Yes its wrong, but it can be the only way of obtaining a ticket for some people.

If Laois ever got to a All Ireland Final and i had no ticket i would have no hesitation in buying a ticket on ebay
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Bud Wiser

As a matter of interest, how many of ye still could not get a ticket for tomorrow?

Bud Wiser

The lad that was coming with me, his aunt died.  I have a spare Premium if your in a hoult!

orangeman

There's plenty of tickets available for the Dublin v Kerry game right now outside Quinns - people have handfuls spare - so don't panic.