Do you know of a genuine fan not getting an AI ticket?

Started by Barney, August 18, 2007, 12:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

We're entering into major hype season on the ticket issue.

Do you know of any genuine supporter of their county missing out on their team's big day simply because they could not get a ticket?

Denn Forever

I am sure that there are many, so few tickets per club, so many people wanting ticket within the county it self.

What can be done?  Retain all the ticket stubs of games attended to show your credentials.

One of lifes great lessons, money talks!!
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Barney

Denn, I don't think there are. I reckon everyone gets sorted in the end, but that's why i'm asking the question!

sam03/05

yes I know a few who missed out in 2003 and 2005. caused major resentment within the club which still lasts today.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Denn Forever on August 18, 2007, 12:13:20 PM
I am sure that there are many, so few tickets per club, so many people wanting ticket within the county it self.

What can be done?  Retain all the ticket stubs of games attended to show your credentials.

One of lifes great lessons, money talks!!

agree with you Denn Forever i know some lads from mayo who were at all the matches last year but couldn't get one for the final.
last year our club gave 1st preference to anyone who attendended all 5matches before the all ireland and who had bought them off the club.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Denn Forever

Oh to have the problem but given our potential, I reckon I'll have to wait until we get to the Tommy Murphy final.  Use ,it as stepping stone but we think we are better than that (But we ain't!!!!).
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

magickingdom

yes, quite a few the last few years that tried to get in till the very end but ended up watching in gills. if anyone wants to check this out stand outside gills at 3.30 on ai sunday and see for yourself

magpie seanie

Quoteanyone wants to check this out stand outside gills at 3.30 on ai sunday and see for yourself

How do we know they are genuine fans?

Norf Tyrone

Quotelast year our club gave 1st preference to anyone who attendended all 5matches before the all ireland and who had bought them off the club.

I think this system is balls to be honest. Last year, I added nearly all home and league games my Club was involved in. However when Tyrone was playing I sometimes wasn't able to make it due to work, and more pressingly due to the fact that I have a child (Now two!). I knew I couldn't peeve off every Sunday of the year, so I picked and choosed my Tyrone games aginst going to all Club games.

So who deserves a ticket.

Fan A: Goes to all 5 Championship games.
Fan B: Goes to nearly all Club games, and some Championship games.

Our club has a ticketing poilcy that rewards the Club man first. That's the way it should be.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 18, 2007, 02:47:21 PM
Quotelast year our club gave 1st preference to anyone who attendended all 5matches before the all ireland and who had bought them off the club.

I think this system is balls to be honest. Last year, I added nearly all home and league games my Club was involved in. However when Tyrone was playing I sometimes wasn't able to make it due to work, and more pressingly due to the fact that I have a child (Now two!). I knew I couldn't peeve off every Sunday of the year, so I picked and choosed my Tyrone games aginst going to all Club games.

Our club has a ticketing poilcy that rewards the Club man first. That's the way it should be.

I see what your saying Norf Tyrone but most if all of the people who went to the County matches would be die hard club supporters who would rarely if ever miss a club match and went to the county matches to support the 3 lads from the club who were playing for the county at the time.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

pintsofguinness

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 18, 2007, 02:55:11 PM

I see what your saying Norf Tyrone but most if all of the people who went to the County matches would be die hard club supporters who would rarely if ever miss a club match and went to the county matches to support the 3 lads from the club who were playing for the county at the time.
I'd say that's quite unusual deel rover.
There are an awful lot of people who attend county games and never a club match.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Rossfan

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 18, 2007, 03:05:35 PM
There are an awful lot of people who attend county games and never a club match.

That can happen a lot with Connacht and Counties from the Western half of the Country as a larger number of their people live a long way away from home .
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

highking

One of the easiest things to do is go to all your counties championship matches. Theres only on average 5 in the year of which at least two will be at home. It makes me sick when I hear that people go to all the matches - for Gods sake all you have to do is get into your car and drive on a sunday afternoon. Theres usually nothing else on them days in your home county anyway.

The people who are the genuine fans are the people who: a) Run the GAA on a voluntary basis at club level. Fundraising and faciities people also. b) Who do all the bulls*** work of organising and coaching kids for their nursery on Saturday mornings. c) Referee's and officials who have to head off to clubs every Sunday to listen to 30 lads hurling abuse at them.

These are the genuine peaople who keep things going at club level.

A family day out at an intercounty game is very easy to do when you look at it now....

the Deel Rover

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 18, 2007, 03:05:35 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 18, 2007, 02:55:11 PM

I'd say that's quite unusual deel rover.

Probably is pints but then again crossmolina is an unusual town ;) ;) there is not a lot to do only follow the football so of course you support your club teams 1st and foremost but then you would support the local lads who would be playing for the county, in fairness for 4 of the 6 games last year there was no problem getting tickets but come the semi and final all the usual suspects would be coming out looking for the tickets for them matches.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

The Claw

Quote from: highking on August 18, 2007, 03:12:05 PM
One of the easiest things to do is go to all your counties championship matches. Theres only on average 5 in the year of which at least two will be at home. It makes me sick when I hear that people go to all the matches - for Gods sake all you have to do is get into your car and drive on a sunday afternoon. Theres usually nothing else on them days in your home county anyway.

The people who are the genuine fans are the people who: a) Run the GAA on a voluntary basis at club level. Fundraising and faciities people also. b) Who do all the bulls*** work of organising and coaching kids for their nursery on Saturday mornings. c) Referee's and officials who have to head off to clubs every Sunday to listen to 30 lads hurling abuse at them.

These are the genuine peaople who keep things going at club level.

A family day out at an intercounty game is very easy to do when you look at it now....
I agree with your second point high king but you still cannot disregard the effort it takes to go to matches, 'getting into your car' could involve staying in the car for 4/5 hours, paying for a ticket for yourself and your family of you have one, buying dinner, possibly staying the night and spending another 4/5 hours going home. I dont think you can say that someone who does that week in week out is not a genuine fan.