Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on October 04, 2022, 10:15:15 PM
County final scheduled for Corrigan.A total joke.

Ballycastle and Loughgiel are almost on the doorstep of both participants yet some p***k on the county board has decided to schedule the final some 45 - 50 miles away from both villages.

Price of diesel obviously not considered when making this stupid decision.

Surely can't be!

Kidder81

Ballycastle and Loughgiel are almost on the doorstep of both participants yet some p***k on the county board has decided to schedule the final some 45 - 50 miles away from both villages.

So St John's are letting them use their venue ? Decent of them

Tony Baloney

What's the split on the gate?

north aontroim gael

What a crowd of balloons

whatwillbwillb

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 04, 2022, 11:19:03 PM

What's the split on the gate?

St Johns would'nt need a split on the gate, social club/bar should be bringing in a clondyke considering the games hosted both club & county over the last few seasons!! Well CD played an absolute blinder!

Milltown Row2

In fairness the weather got the better of the pitch at Ballycastle on Sunday, ball was plugged a few times and the normal decent pitch was a bit heavy.. two games and plenty of rain probably the main reason.

We've a covered stand with seating and a decent terrace area, it's catered finals and county games, I don't think Dunloy or Cushendall will be complaining where the game is at .. Ballycastle has hosted a few finals too

It's the best option in my book, only down side might be the roadworks on the M2 city bound !
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Are St. John's the linfield of Antrim Gaa now ;D

Saffsof82

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 04, 2022, 10:17:33 PM

Surely can't be!

Talking to Skinny last night and he said Dunloy and Cushendall had both asked for the game to be played at Corrrigan.

imtommygunn

Corrigan is fine tbh. One game a year and a much better setup with the stand, parking wise etc.

Jonkunlon

Better playing surface than Loughgiel and Ballycastle. Parking facilities are insufficient.  Dunsilly needed/needs a stand, toilet facilities and a proper shop. 

podge

Quote from: Jonkunlon on October 05, 2022, 11:08:00 PM
Better playing surface than Loughgiel and Ballycastle. Parking facilities are insufficient.  Dunsilly needed/needs a stand, toilet facilities and a proper shop. 

Agree with this - dunsilly has a lot going for it in terms of location, playing surface etc.  It just lacks an atmosphere and some of the ancillary facilities.  I am sure these will come with time.  If only some the 10s of millions being ploughed into casement could be redirected to here.  I am all for the redevelopment of casement but the money that has already been wasted on it is immoral in my view.  A much more modest stadium would suffice and might have made the planning process a bit easier.

Antrim Coaster

I see the Antrim County Board have not made the JHC and IHC Finals a double header next Saturday.

The JHC Final is scheduled to be played at 1 o'clock, while the IHC Final is to be played at 4 o'clock in Dunsilly. It appears that after the JHC the venue will be cleared and punters required to re-enter the venue using a different ticket in order to watch the IHC final.

What the f**k are these clowns playing at. It appears the county board have gone down the money grabbing route.

Surely a double header makes sense. 2 matches I was looking forward to attending but unfortunately I won't be able to do so now.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on October 08, 2022, 09:17:19 PM
I see the Antrim County Board have not made the JHC and IHC Finals a double header next Saturday.

The JHC Final is scheduled to be played at 1 o'clock, while the IHC Final is to be played at 4 o'clock in Dunsilly. It appears that after the JHC the venue will be cleared and punters required to re-enter the venue using a different ticket in order to watch the IHC final.

What the f**k are these clowns playing at. It appears the county board have gone down the money grabbing route.

Surely a double header makes sense. 2 matches I was looking forward to attending but unfortunately I won't be able to do so now.

Been happening regularly in the football
Don't know what they're at TBH £££££££££££
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Kidder81

It's hard to know what they are at as I would say you would be lucky to get 10 people that pay in to both games, surely they know that ? Not so much the monetary factor but the inconvenience of spending half your day at Dunsilly

Jonkunlon

There are two portable toilet cubicles available to the entire crowd. I would suggest this is step one on the list of reasons as to why they don't play double headers at Dunsilly.

Paying fans have been losing out all season.

Look at the double headers Owenbeg is hosting this weekend.