Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

Quote from: Mourne Red on February 03, 2023, 09:01:57 AM
Same, he wouldn't be walking if it was me - But I think she was pressured by her family to drop out. I don't know if you seen her dads statement, saying "they were very much in love" and "he's been apart of our family for 3 years" almost seemed like he had dollar signs in his eyes.

I remember the dads comments at the time alright and sounded like he was more worried about the gravy train ending than what was happening to his daughter.

Armagh18

If there was justice in the world he'd be shot dead for what he did to that girl. But like with everything money talks

Maroon Manc

Greenwoods ability make this a huge dilemma, you've a player who potentially can be one of the worlds best; If he wasn't in that bracket I suspect they'd just pay up his contract but there's no doubt someone would sign him and 12 months down the line he'd be back playing for a top club. Football fans are fickle and the abuse will eventually simmer down. Suspect Ten Hag will want him  back but the sponsors will obviously have a huge say in this, if this had happened last month then he'd probably have gone overseas on loan.

The story around Manchester is that they were back together last summer so it was surprising to see him charged in November, unfortunately this case has done nothing to help rape victims.

oakleaflad

Quote from: Capt Pat on February 02, 2023, 07:04:04 PM
Sure United and their fans have no values. He will be back in the team in a few weeks.

If it was a Liverpool player involved he would have been sacked on the spot.
This is absolute nonsense. I'm a fan myself and having talked to quite a few others the consensus was he should never play for the club again and probably should be in jail.

Armagh18

Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 03, 2023, 09:34:38 AM
Greenwoods ability make this a huge dilemma, you've a player who potentially can be one of the worlds best; If he wasn't in that bracket I suspect they'd just pay up his contract but there's no doubt someone would sign him and 12 months down the line he'd be back playing for a top club. Football fans are fickle and the abuse will eventually simmer down. Suspect Ten Hag will want him  back but the sponsors will obviously have a huge say in this, if this had happened last month then he'd probably have gone overseas on loan.

The story around Manchester is that they were back together last summer so it was surprising to see him charged in November, unfortunately this case has done nothing to help rape victims.
If United pay him up he'll be at Chelsea or a top Italian or Spanish team by next summer banging in goals

Ed Ricketts

It doesn't really seem like a huge dilemma. Pretty simple that he never plays for the club again (nor any other club in England, even Chelsea) - short of some extraordinary information coming to light that credibly dilutes the seriousness of what everyone knows went on here.

Whatever about his ability or value, right now he's commercial kryptonite. Playing him would cost the club much more than what they lose by ditching him.

United's own 'process', as per their statement, is a just a play for time so that they can get their legal and financial ducks in a row. It's unlikely the Glazers fancy shelling out the £8-10 million for the remainder of his contract at a time when they're looking shot of the club - so this 'process' could well drag on until new owners are in place.

Whole thing is a mess for the club, would've been much better to see him go down. Which is also what the pathetic **** deserved.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

Armagh18

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on February 03, 2023, 10:33:38 AM

It doesn't really seem like a huge dilemma. Pretty simple that he never plays for the club again (nor any other club in England, even Chelsea) - short of some extraordinary information coming to light that credibly dilutes the seriousness of what everyone knows went on here.

Whatever about his ability or value, right now he's commercial kryptonite. Playing him would cost the club much more than what they lose by ditching him.

United's own 'process', as per their statement, is a just a play for time so that they can get their legal and financial ducks in a row. It's unlikely the Glazers fancy shelling out the £8-10 million for the remainder of his contract at a time when they're looking shot of the club - so this 'process' could well drag on until new owners are in place.

Whole thing is a mess for the club, would've been much better to see him go down. Which is also what the pathetic **** deserved.
Look at Partey at Arsenal. Alonso actually killed someone and played for Chelsea. I would rule nothing out

Mourne Red

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 03, 2023, 11:12:02 AM

Look at Partey at Arsenal. Alonso actually killed someone and played for Chelsea. I would rule nothing out

Partey hasn't been charged yet and details aren't out as they were with Greenwood.. I'm an Arsenal fan and don't think Partey should be playing with the investigation going on. Mendy at City is interesting too, he's been found not guilty of a lot of charges still some he's getting re-trialled on but if hes found not guilty with them do City take him back?

NAG1

Completely different case here as he has no case to answer, it didnt even make the length of a court room.

Say whatever you like about the noise around it and the truth actually is that none of us know the truth. But obviously there has been some coming together of all the parties behind the scenes.

So it will make for an interesting test case to see what happens next.

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: Mourne Red on February 03, 2023, 11:18:50 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on February 03, 2023, 11:12:02 AM

Partey hasn't been charged yet and details aren't out as they were with Greenwood.. I'm an Arsenal fan and don't think Partey should be playing with the investigation going on. Mendy at City is interesting too, he's been found not guilty of a lot of charges still some he's getting re-trialled on but if hes found not guilty with them do City take him back?

The Partey thing stinks, but, as you say, the difference is that there are very few details in the public domain. Everyone can look the other way.

But even with the dropping of the Greenwood case, those audio clips and photos need an awful lot of explaining before a club with any sort of commercial presence takes him on board.

Likely that Mendy will be out of contract before there is a resolution of his cases, so little for City to figure out.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

trailer

Somethings are bigger than money. This is one of those such things.
We obviously don't know every single fact but if what we saw and heard is true then I don't want to see him in a Utd shirt again.

Captain Obvious

"key witnesses to withdraw from the case and the emergence of new evidence"

Who are the witnesses but the girl and what is this new evidence? Little transparency in this case. He's still young but will do well to re-start his career at whatever club will take him on and no sponsor will want to touch him.

imtommygunn

Likely to end up in another country I suspect. The likes of the sheffield united boy and a few others mentioned here then you look at Jackson etc. People will take him. (All irrespective of guilty or innocent - PR.)

Capt Pat

Quote from: oakleaflad on February 03, 2023, 09:37:11 AM
Quote from: Capt Pat on February 02, 2023, 07:04:04 PM
Sure United and their fans have no values. He will be back in the team in a few weeks.

If it was a Liverpool player involved he would have been sacked on the spot.
This is absolute nonsense. I'm a fan myself and having talked to quite a few others the consensus was he should never play for the club again and probably should be in jail.

Well this is the test for United now. Will United be happy to keep a player who is worth tens of millions of pounds?. Also will their fans be happy enough as long as he is scoring goals for them? The result and otcome of their investigation will tell a lot.

Armamike

The problem is if he's done what he was accused of, then chances are he'll mess up again. Not the type of character you'd want to be placing trust in.
That's just, like your opinion man.