30 (19.1%)
No - Typical Nordies causing mischief as usual
21 (13.4%)
Should not have to. GAA HQ should already have called a replay
106 (67.5%)

Total Members Voted: 157

Voting closed: January 26, 2023, 11:37:12 AM

Mourne Red

There's massive PA system in croke park I'm sure the substation was announced - yet the player didn't leave the pitch

CK_Redhand

I can understand Mullin not getting word to come off in time before the quick 45 was taken.  When this happens, what is the oncoming sub doing (can't recall the name right now)?

I think that if he realised his man hadn't come off, and that he should stand out of the way of the action like Mannion did, there wouldn't be much for Glen to object to.

joemamas

Quote from: Ulster Frank on January 31, 2023, 03:38:15 PM
When is Bradley getting married? McFaul could be available for replay?

I see a few more aliases/WUM are popping up over the past few weeks.
Kerry for Sams,Eire Og , etc etc must be a least a dozen at this stage.
wonderful job by the Mods  >:(
Can we go back to the days when this was a must go to GAA Blog, before it is too late.

Franko

Quote from: Hound on January 31, 2023, 04:15:19 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 31, 2023, 03:55:05 PM
Seconds or minutes, they shouldn't have had 16 active players on the pitch

Mullin was literally 2 metres from being off the pitch!!
Quote from: Franko on January 31, 2023, 04:05:01 PM

Absolutely, except for the bit where you take the player off  ::)
Amazing insights lads.
How exactly were Crokes supposed to get word to Mullin?

Crokes management are at the half way line. They fully expect the sub to tell Mullin, but the ref allows the quick 45 to proceed before he gets there.

There's not a single player on either side looking to see what's happening on the sideline, including Mullin. They are all 100% concentrating on the Glen man lining up the 45 and thinking about how to create or stop a scoring chance. 

The ref is obliged to stop play until the process is complete. He failed to do that. He failed to rectify it. He failed to mention it in his report. The DRA will lay all the blame on him,  and deservedly so.

Are you serious?

The big feckin board that the 4th official holds up with the numbers on it
Or the PA system
Or the big screen in CP

I said before - I don't think Kilmacud were deliberately cheating

But they are certainly guilty of being INCREDIBLY careless

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Franko on January 31, 2023, 04:44:37 PM

Amazing insights lads.

Crokes management are at the half way line. They fully expect the sub to tell Mullin, but the ref allows the quick 45 to proceed before he gets there.

There's not a single player on either side looking to see what's happening on the sideline, including Mullin. They are all 100% concentrating on the Glen man lining up the 45 and thinking about how to create or stop a scoring chance. 

The ref is obliged to stop play until the process is complete. He failed to do that. He failed to rectify it. He failed to mention it in his report. The DRA will lay all the blame on him,  and deservedly so.

Are you serious?

Or the PA system
Or the big screen in CP

To be fair to Mannion he did look up at the screen the player did go to him, he looked a bit bemused at coming off also, but the other lad went to a position and didn't Mullin didn't look up or across to the sideline, there would have been a good bit of noise going on and who actually looks over at the boards or the big screen when playing, its purely for the supporters the board.

Mullin's made the mistake, KC didn't react to the player not coming off the pitch, the 4th official or referee failed to take the sub off before the last kick and that ended up with this cluster f**k which will end up with KC sending the cup up in a bus to Glen.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Franko

Hypothetical scenario

Mullin comes off but Kilmacud don't get the sub on in time

45 is taken and Glen score a goal

Do Kilmacud just roll over and say nothing

"Refereeing mistake, just suck it up and move on"

Do they fcuk

Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 31, 2023, 04:50:38 PM
Quote from: Franko on January 31, 2023, 04:44:37 PM

Amazing insights lads.

Are you serious?

Or the PA system
Or the big screen in CP

To be fair to Mannion he did look up at the screen the player did go to him, he looked a bit bemused at coming off also, but the other lad went to a position and didn't Mullin didn't look up or across to the sideline, there would have been a good bit of noise going on and who actually looks over at the boards or the big screen when playing, its purely for the supporters the board.

Mullin's made the mistake, KC didn't react to the player not coming off the pitch, the 4th official or referee failed to take the sub off before the last kick and that ended up with this cluster f**k which will end up with KC sending the cup up in a bus to Glen.

They'll look over the next time

tbrick18

Amazing insights lads.

I actually don't disagree with you about the failings of the officials, or do I disagree on the actions of KC tbh.
Officials messed up big time.
The outcome of that was that the game proceeded in contravention to the rules, so the rules still have to be applied.
The easy option for the GAA would to have immediately called a replay rather than this circus, and I don't think too many could have argued.

I also can't see how this gets thrown out on appeal. The rule is black and white and the rule was obviously broken.
By doing anything other than a replay, the GAA would be apportioning blame. Of the 3 options available, fining KC or overturning the result would be entirely unfair on KC given the whole think could have been avoided if officials had done their job properly.
However, Glen are entirely entitled to see the rules implemented.
KC might feel hard done by and perhaps they are, but equally Glen can feel hard done by as KC had 17 players on the pitch.
Replay is fair...we'll have to wait and see if it happens.

Ulster Frank

Quote from: joemamas on January 31, 2023, 04:36:42 PM

Can we go back to the days when this was a must go to GAA Blog, before it is too late.

What are you on about? Emmett Bradley to get married in mid February.

Dreadnought

Quote from: Hound on January 31, 2023, 03:49:40 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on January 31, 2023, 03:29:10 PM

The rules apply for the whole of a game, not most of it.
If a rule was broken the appropriate action has to be taken or else the rules become a joke and no-one follows any of them.
No whether or not the GAA cover themselves in glory when it comes to enforcing their own rules is entirely another question, but for the purposes of this game a rule was broken and action had to be take in accordance with the rules as they are written. It's that simple.

Of course the rules should apply for the 6 seconds that Crokes had an extra player.

But Crokes followed the rules to a tee. They did exactly what you are supposed to do when making a sub. However, there was no opportunity for the player to go off. He's standing on the goalline focused on the opponent about to hit the 45 and the ref allows the 45 to be taken before anyone can get word to him. The officials are notified of their error, Mullin is notified and immediately vacates as soon as he's told. Then the officials refuse to allow the 45 to be re-taken and the ref includes absolutely no mention of this fiasco in his report.

But the GAA don't want to throw their ref under the bus, no matter how a big a c**k up he made. And they don't want to go through the hoopla of giving the decision that goes against the social media mobs. So they've made the populist decision.

They've taken the easy way out, knowing full well Crokes will win the appeal, but they've done all they could, so the lawyers and judges can get the blame now when the appeals process is finished and it's confirmed that Crokes won the All Ireland by 2 points and that the ref's (multiple) mistakes, while unfortunate, do not warrant punishment for Kilmacud.

How do you figure this? If there's anything that's a near certainty in the GAA, it's that appeals rarely win. And especially so in an objection situation like this where the issue was easily seen. It'll have to be a paperwork messed up kind of thing, otherwise no chance Crokes win an appeal.

yellowcard

If I'm a Glen player or a Kilmacud player I have no interest in playing this match again. If I'm a committee member I might look at it differently. There is a disconnect between committee GAA people and those involved in playing and coaching. This row has the capacity to cause deep divisions in both clubs. It is largely media (and social media in particular) driven and I'd say without the input of Joe Brolly it probably wouldn't have gained anywhere near as much traction.

seafoid

Quote from: Ulster Frank on January 31, 2023, 04:57:32 PM

Irish times

The Saturday of the blank football weekend on February 11th and 12th is also the date for Glen centrefielder Emmett Bradley's wedding. The next blank weekend for the NFL is a month later, March 11th and 12th.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

WT4E

The only way Kilmacud are champions with honour is play the replay and win. Anything else and its tainted!

Ulster Frank

Quote from: seafoid on January 31, 2023, 05:02:40 PM
Quote from: Ulster Frank on January 31, 2023, 04:57:32 PM

Irish times

The Saturday of the blank football weekend on February 11th and 12th is also the date for Glen centrefielder Emmett Bradley's wedding. The next blank weekend for the NFL is a month later, March 11th and 12th.

Play it in March. Let the lad enjoy his wedding.

johnnycool

Quote from: yellowcard on January 31, 2023, 05:01:39 PM
If I'm a Glen player or a Kilmacud player I have no interest in playing this match again. If I'm a committee member I might look at it differently. There is a disconnect between committee GAA people and those involved in playing and coaching. This row has the capacity to cause deep divisions in both clubs. It is largely media (and social media in particular) driven and I'd say without the input of Joe Brolly it probably wouldn't have gained anywhere near as much traction.

This is so true. I'd be surprised if the Glenn players to a man agree with this decision and even now how would you approach this game with all the negativity swirling around it?

Some Glenn players just won't want to be there and certainly motivation could be very low within the camp.

There are no winners.