2019 Allianz Football League Division 3.

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 06, 2018, 12:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helix.

Quote from: Gmac on April 06, 2019, 06:08:09 PM
Taking  all day to kick long range frees wide instead of trying to speed the play up and work an easier chance , goal just gone in uphill battle now

Left that behind them too wasteful and too many hit and hope balls in the 2nd half. Hopefully rectify it for championship in Tullamore. Attride one of the few positives today. Ger Egan is some player.

Chrimtain

We simply were not at their level. The fact is that we played against 14 men for 20 minutes but could not capitalise. Can't see us turning it around in the championship.

We are just way too slow in everything we do.  It was awful to see them resort to kicking in high hopeful balls at the end.

Graham Brody, please stay in the goals!!!!

The PRO

Ah Jesus, the wides percentage is dreadful. Would remind you of the hurlers against Limerick. Simple misses. Young O'Flynn had two bad ones (fine game otherwise). Cahillane's missed goal chance was crucial. O'Carroll's frees aren't consistent enough. Begley seemed to stroll through the game which might be unfair of me. Attride is a great bit of stuff. What can you say about Brody? I love the guy but sometimes he costs us and one of those times was today. You just can't have your keeper chasing back while they're sticking the ball in the net.

blueandwhite1

Too slow. Too many passengers on a fast sod. It was only a matter of time before Brody's forays cost a goal. I can't see how it helps, he is usually the link man between 2 lads 15 yards apart. Evan O'Carroll only forward. Need to replace older lads with faster young fellas soon.

Laoiseabu

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on April 06, 2019, 08:56:28 PM
Too slow. Too many passengers on a fast sod. It was only a matter of time before Brody's forays cost a goal. I can't see how it helps, he is usually the link man between 2 lads 15 yards apart. Evan O'Carroll only forward. Need to replace older lads with faster young fellas soon.
What young lads would u suggest using ?

High Fielder

Two evenly enough matched sides with their ability to execute quicker the deciding factor. Some days, it really pisses me off that we are so passive in our approach. We need to be busier and we need to be more aggressive. Westmeath are very beatable but that's twice that I've felt we don't know how to do it. I wouldn't be getting too down in the mouth about it but we need to find a new approach and an extra gear the next time we play them. A very similar submission to the one in Mullingar. Credit to Westmeath. Deserving winners

Countyminor

A lack of a scoring threat between our half back and forward lines, as well as a glut of diabolical wides, killed us. They were cute and managed the game very efficiently. We paid for our wastefulness big time, we could've been out of sight early on. Timmons and Attride best on the day for us I thought. Our play was slow and lateral, it was easy for them to funnel back in numbers and strangle us. They were very disciplined in defence (black cards aside) whereas we were coughing up frees easier.

I'd still be confident we can catch them in May. They play like a slightly more progressive Carlow, not sure that style will lend itself well to summer ball.

blueandwhite1

Quote from: Laoiseabu on April 06, 2019, 09:22:19 PM
Not sure I have the answers. Benny Carroll for a start.

The PRO

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on April 06, 2019, 09:47:58 PM
Quote from: Laoiseabu on April 06, 2019, 09:22:19 PM
Not sure I have the answers. Benny Carroll for a start.
I'd like to see young Barry from O'Dempseys getting a try. And possibly another look at Danny O'Reilly.

Chrimtain

We are still playing like we played in Div 4. Slow, pedestrian and going back and forth across the field, whereas Westmeath, when they decided to counter attack, did so at pace. I'm afraid I am left with opinion that they possess much better footballers than we do.

They are a much better version of Carlow, and it will be very difficult to beat them in the championship. We have to change, We have to start doing things at a much faster pace.

Clearly, we don't trust our full forward line to win possession. If we did, when we have possession in the middle third, we would kick the ball into them, instead of constantly holding on to possession.

Sadly, we were shown up today and it may be very short summer.

ILikeStrawberryJam

Bit of an over reaction on here. We kicked 15 wides.  They  Kicked 5.
We made chances but didnt take them.
I think we'll beat them in the championship.

welcomehome

That was another shocking performance...I think we need a forward coach,when you have at least 5or 6 players that cannot take a shot 45 metres out..Also why did sugrue persist with evan taking frees,when he at least had 6 wides.What,s more worrying is that we dont have a settled 15 team at this stage in the championship...Only stephen attride and young oflynn played well...

Don Draper

Quote from: ILikeStrawberryJam on April 07, 2019, 09:07:43 AM
Bit of an over reaction on here. We kicked 15 wides.  They  Kicked 5.
We made chances but didnt take them.
I think we'll beat them in the championship.
There's been lads on here only waiting to put the boot in. They were seething to see things go well and a happy camp. Don't mind them. The internet is chock full of nut jobs.

BallyroanAbu

Slightly disappointing, hoped to finish the League on a high.  We must remember we gained promotion which is a positive.  This is our level fair kudos to Westmeath who had more answers yesterday.  Beaten by the better team,  I genuinely thought we would have more than them but we found it hard to get scores much the same as Cusack Park.  Back to Division to 2 and a million miles from two years ago, it's a pity we lost but there is room to improve in the coming years. 

Chrimtain

I heard an interview from John Sugrue yesterday, and few have been more critical of Laois's performance than himself. Comparing it to under 12 or 14 football, he came across as a very frustrated and disappointed man.