2019 Allianz Football League Division 3.

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 06, 2018, 12:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nameless

Quote from: Giovanni on March 24, 2019, 10:41:45 PM
By the way, I thought Pigott was excellent today at center back. He's growing into the position very well.

Not wanting to run anyone down but I'd disagree with this. Not sure he has the football in him. I think Begley is our man here. I hope not but I wouldn't be surprised if Meaney doesn't make a return. Right or wrong, he hasn't had many minutes and getting taken off early today might be the final straw for him.

BallyroanAbu

I thought Quigley was MOM when he came on just different class.   He can only improve provided he remains injury free.

Leixlad

Fantastic achievement well done to players and management! What an effort to be promoted 2 years running!

You can really feel the buzz around the county building up again! It was a real added bonus that Carlow were relegated - that'll quel their rising for a while!  8) they didnt deserve anything else with the sh1t carry on. Like someone said they are better than that Poacher arsehole. They are not a bad team - just playing badly.

I think that is goals for the year reached for me. Slowly build things again next year in division 2. I guess ultimate goal is to try build a competitive division 1 side?? Another run in championship like last year would be a bonus. Just beat who we should be beating and continue progressing nicely.

I wonder would you get any odds on J Sugrue next manager down in the south west?  :o

High Fielder

Whisper that one very quietly Leixlad. We need to keep him for as long as possible. That said, he should be on their radar. He's doing good things with us. He's changing the mindset. Lads know what is expected of them and as a consequence of that, the rewards have followed. We're a million miles away from being a Division 1 team, and we still have so many limitations, but our players are giving their all and want to play for Laois. He has taken away the moral high ground from those who didn't commit to the panel but are good enough to be there. In the past, it was fashionable to sit on the sidelines and pour scorn on what was going on with Laois. That's not the case any more, and John Sugrue has made that happen. We're lucky to have him.

BallyroanAbu

High Fielder

Long term Ballyroan. Relatively speaking, Sugrue is a young manager.

Don Draper

Well done to John and the boys, a wonderful achievement to do back to back promotions.

I hope those who were fearing the worst during the O'Byrne Cup have had their fears allayed somewhat now.

On another point, f**k the GAA for allowing the situation develop that Laois and whoever are to meet us, won't get their day out in Croke Park. Ask yourself, would this happen in Division 1? Would it f**k.

Jd

Loved Sugrues little dig when asked about  a training camp in April seeing as the league will still be on, he said that we can't use that word but would maybe get out the thesaurus to get around it.

Don Draper

Quote from: Jd on March 25, 2019, 10:33:09 AM
Loved Sugrues little dig when asked about  a training camp in April seeing as the league will still be on, he said that we can't use that word but would maybe get out the thesaurus to get around it.
Laois should head off somewhere this weekend for an historical outing. Start a whiparound there boys and we'll send them off to Andalusia to research Franco and Eoin O Duffy's links.

The Monument Road

Quote from: Don Draper on March 25, 2019, 10:36:33 AM
Quote from: Jd on March 25, 2019, 10:33:09 AM
Laois should head off somewhere this weekend for an historical outing. Start a whiparound there boys and we'll send them off to Andalusia to research Franco and Eoin O Duffy's links.
. A former laois legend lives in Andalucia...he coul hhggelp out with tours etc ,📸🇧🇳

Tony

For those who haven't heard it yet : John Sugrue post promotion news audio below : 
Great feel good feeling about football in the county, nice buzz around. Great to have this man on board, he's a great fit for a side like Laois -

https://soundcloud.com/midlandssport/john-sugrue-back-to-back-promotions-for-laois

Don Draper

Quote from: Tony on March 26, 2019, 12:34:40 PM
For those who haven't heard it yet : John Sugrue post promotion news audio below : 
Great feel good feeling about football in the county, nice buzz around. Great to have this man on board, he's a great fit for a side like Laois -

https://soundcloud.com/midlandssport/john-sugrue-back-to-back-promotions-for-laois
He's a great fit for any side. We're lucky as f**king f**k we have him.

portlaoisekid

Quote from: Don Draper on March 26, 2019, 01:12:40 PM

Very true but to keep him long term we need to give him whatever he needs to help keep Laois football progressing. Lets not f**k this up .

Don Draper

Quote from: portlaoisekid on March 26, 2019, 02:11:59 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on March 26, 2019, 01:12:40 PM

Very true but to keep him long term we need to give him whatever he needs to help keep Laois football progressing. Lets not f**k this up .
Couldn't agree more.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Fully agree with all of the above. Guys like John Sugrue are few and far between and we certainly should do whatever is needed to keep him on board. His earlier idea of a north, south, east and west league was a sign of a guy who wasn't just talking about but was actually trying to get the best players on board and he now has a very strong panel at his disposal. His treatment of players, no matter who they are is a very positive step forward for us and he is getting the best from everyone involved on the panel.

While the players have to be praised for the work they did to get us to Div. 2 it was John's leadership that was the driving force behind it. Not too many managers have taken their team up two divisions in two years and got to a Leinster final on the way so I think he will have caught the eye of a few counties as a possible future manager for them. It's the responsibility of our Co. board to support him and the team from now on and make it a position that he will find it very hard to leave..
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!