Russia invades Ukraine Feb 2022

Started by Main Street, February 12, 2022, 09:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dag Dog

Quote from: Main Street on July 05, 2024, 12:53:17 AMRussia invaded Ukraine, not both sides are at it
Russia is bombing the sh'it out of all and sundry in Ukraine, rape, pillage and plunder.
Not both side are at it bull.
The only nations that Russia  haven't invaded are those who are members of NATO.
The Baltic nations had to fight tooth and nail for NATO to accept them as members.

Russia has the intention to bomb pillage and plunder their way across a sovereign independent nation,
there is no both sides are at it bullshít.
The Kremlin is a permanent source of toxic sludge propaganda  and have no qualms about sponsoring such harmful hybrid warfare incidents against Ireland.

The Kremlin lie about everything all of the time, that's the default starting point before anyone can make some sense of the rest.
This is a war of ugly aggression by Russia against Ukraine. Russia is off begging help from China and North Korea whilst Ukraine are begging help from the rest of Europe, USA, Japan, Australia and Sth Korea.

You can shove the both sides are it spiel up where the sun don't shine.

That's it in a nutshell.
The people who both side it and whatabout think they're being clever by pulling rabbits out of hats.

theskull1

One side bad ... other side good   ::)

You would think the US has never invaded or overthrown anywhere in the last 70 years  ::)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Father Murphy

Quote from: theskull1 on July 05, 2024, 11:13:59 AMOne side bad ... other side good   ::)

You would think the US has never invaded or overthrown anywhere in the last 70 years  ::)

Did the US invade Ukraine - or did I miss something?

Dag Dog

Quote from: theskull1 on July 05, 2024, 11:13:59 AMOne side bad ... other side good   ::)

And what?
If Keir Starmer decided to recapture the 26 counties, and the USA backed Ireland, would you spout the same glib banalities?
The both siders would be pointing to Michael Lowry, Bertie Ahern and Ireland being an EU member without Britain's permission as justification.

Itchy

Quote from: Father Murphy on July 05, 2024, 11:18:02 AM

It appears you missed them invading Iraq and making up a load of lies about why. But you are probably only 14 so maybe its before your time.

Dag Dog

Quote from: Itchy on July 05, 2024, 12:16:44 PM

It appears you missed them invading Iraq and making up a load of lies about why. But you are probably only 14 so maybe its before your time.
Should Russia withdraw from Ukraine? Yes, or No.
Could you answer that in isolation without whatabouting?

I'd have far more respect for people who came straight out with it and announce that they want Russia to prevail, mainly because they want to see a bloody nose given to The West, USA, NATO, the EU etc.

Not this speaking in forked tongue, whataboutism, both siding, look over there.

Father Murphy

Quote from: theskull1 on July 05, 2024, 11:13:59 AMOne side bad ... other side good  ::)

No I didn't miss that.

I also didn't miss the lies about WMD either or whatever other falsehoods were told.

I also can't recall any posters on GAABoard supporting outright, attempting to deflect with whataboutery, making excuses or propagating the lies of the Americans with regard to their invasion of Iraq.

Can you direct me to any?

I'm sure you'll know why I'm asking ;)

Itchy

Quote from: Dag Dog on July 05, 2024, 12:44:59 PM

Should Russia withdraw from Ukraine? Yes, or No.
Could you answer that in isolation without whatabouting?

I'd have far more respect for people who came straight out with it and announce that they want Russia to prevail, mainly because they want to see a bloody nose given to The West, USA, NATO, the EU etc.

Not this speaking in forked tongue, whataboutism, both siding, look over there.

Answer = Yes, Russia should withdraw immediately from Ukraine and cease their illegal war there.

My point is not whataboutery, its pointing out that the Yanks are every bit as bad as Russians and have been illegally invading, interfering and killing people too just like the Russians.

Milltown Row2

Maybe change the thread title (or a new one) to 'Why the Russians invaded Ukraine'  ;)  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Russia bombs hospital in Ukraine, most have been hiding arms in there
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Father Murphy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 08, 2024, 06:07:31 PMRussia bombs hospital in Ukraine, most have been hiding arms in there

<insert russian propaganda> made them do it.