Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Gmac on July 18, 2016, 03:30:55 AM
Quote from: J70 on July 18, 2016, 02:12:37 AM
Quote from: Gmac on July 18, 2016, 01:53:13 AM
Quote from: J70 on July 18, 2016, 01:34:47 AM
Quote from: Gmac on July 18, 2016, 01:06:12 AM
A good place to start would be going into crime ridden neighbourhoods and trying to get some sort of money for guns given up with no details of people taken or any follow up on guns taken .

Don't you realize that lots of gun buyback programs like that already exist?

NRA didn't like one in Arizona and got legislation passed that made it illegal for such guns to be destroyed, instead requiring that they be sold to dealers for recirculation.
of course I do and the good citizens are returning them in droves I'm sure .

Is that sarcasm?

If so, why advocate for the program in the first place?

Quote from: Gmac on July 18, 2016, 01:53:13 AM
Obama didn't have any problem selling guns to Mexican cartels which ended in a lot of murders on both sides of the border .

You do realize "gun walking", the attempt to trace the illegal gun trade around the border which culminated in the Fast and Furious operation, started under the Bush administration in 2006?

Misguided/dumb it may have been in that people died (albeit, I doubt if the cartels would have short of guns anyway) and none of the big wigs they were after were caught, only relatively minor characters, but the political appointees on both sides of the aisle approved the respective operations.
and Mr Obama agreed to continue such a program tut tut.

Fair enough, his justice department agreed to continue it and it went badly, but obviously a lot of people across the political spectrum agreed it might be a good way to infiltrate these cartels and rings and let these career ATF boys work away.

Its hardly a partisan issue, an example of opposed policy and philosophy.

screenexile

I enjoyed this . . . seriously when is the joke going to finish?

http://gawker.com/all-the-most-excruciating-moments-from-the-trump-pence-1783831489

I feel sorry for Pence because he can't get a word in edgeways and he looks like somebody lured him into the VP gig with sweets and chocolate but he's starting to realise it's all shit!

J70

Quote from: Oraisteach on July 18, 2016, 02:40:28 PM
A compendium listing Trumps's unsuitability for his new job:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/cover_story/2016/07/donald_trump_is_unfit_to_be_president_here_are_141_reasons_why.html

The "doesn't pay his bills" one is well known in the NYC/NJ area.

I worked with a consulting company about ten years ago who had contracts with various real estate companies. This was at the height of The Apprentice hype, when Trump really was a media star viewed favourably by the public. Given his real estate holdings in NYC, I asked one day whether the company had ever done work for him, and they had, but they said they'd never do it again, as he stiffed them when it came time to pay. And its a story you hear over and over again. What are small companies going to do, with his throngs of lawyers able to tie everyone up in court and outlast them financially?

muppet

Quote from: J70 on July 18, 2016, 02:56:34 PM

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/cover_story/2016/07/donald_trump_is_unfit_to_be_president_here_are_141_reasons_why.html

The "doesn't pay his bills" one is well known in the NYC/NJ area.

I worked with a consulting company about ten years ago who had contracts with various real estate companies. This was at the height of The Apprentice hype, when Trump really was a media star viewed favourably by the public. Given his real estate holdings in NYC, I asked one day whether the company had ever done work for him, and they had, but they said they'd never do it again, as he stiffed them when it came time to pay. And its a story you hear over and over again. What are small companies going to do, with his throngs of lawyers able to tie everyone up in court and outlast them financially?

He has suggested the US should renegotiate (default) its debt. If anyone thought the 2008 Financial Crisis was bad, imagine that crash happening.
MWWSI 2017

screenexile

Is there any chance at all of a challenge to Trump at the RNC?? Please any chance? Anything or anybody at all would do!

Oraisteach

Nice going, Paul Ryan!  Shows up at an RNC breakfast in Cleveland and waves a Pittsburgh Steelers' "Terrible Towel" at the podium.  Ah, sure how would he know.  He only went to college in Ohio (Miami U. near Cincy).

stew

He never once said all Mexicans are rapists, there are 3000 plus reasons your hero clinton is unfit to be president, liberals are killing America and you are bought and paid for thanks to your union affiliation, by the way, tell the truth, don't post lies and pass them,off as truth, you liberal types have an aversion to the truth.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Oraisteach

Stew, first Clinton is not my hero, but matched against a proto-fascist, she is the only viable choice.  Your only response to the list is that Trump did not say the word ALL! But he did say that Mexico was shipping in racists.   Do you think that any items on the list are untrue.   Please indicate which.  What are the thousands of things Clinton has done?  And, BTW, I've never actually been a union member.  Even if you despise Clinton, you can't seriously consider Trump a desirable candidate.  He is ignorant, both rude and unknowing, and, come on, he's going to build a feckin wall, deport 11,000,000 Mexicans and exclude an entire religion. 

J70

Quote from: stew on July 19, 2016, 01:55:58 AM

He never once said all Mexicans are rapists, there are 3000 plus reasons your hero clinton is unfit to be president, liberals are killing America and you are bought and paid for thanks to your union affiliation, by the way, tell the truth, don't post lies and pass them,off as truth, you liberal types have an aversion to the truth.

Who says Trump said "all Mexicans are rapists"?

What lies are we dishonest liberals telling?

heganboy

I'd love to know who from Queen gave permission for Trump to use "We are the champions" as his entry music at the RNC...

edit- nobody
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/queens-brian-may-denies-donald-trump-usage-of-we-are-the-champions-20160608
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Declan

"He will never give up. And most importantly, he will never let you down." Melania on Trump.

Some say she's channeling Rick Astley. ;) ;) ;) ;)

screenexile

But she copied and pasted it all on her own isn't she great?!!

stew

Quote from: Oraisteach on July 19, 2016, 02:44:20 AM
Stew, first Clinton is not my hero, but matched against a proto-fascist, she is the only viable choice.  Your only response to the list is that Trump did not say the word ALL! But he did say that Mexico was shipping in racists.   Do you think that any items on the list are untrue.   Please indicate which.  What are the thousands of things Clinton has done?  And, BTW, I've never actually been a union member.  Even if you despise Clinton, you can't seriously consider Trump a desirable candidate.  He is ignorant, both rude and unknowing, and, come on, he's going to build a feckin wall, deport 11,000,000 Mexicans and exclude an entire religion.

Liar, the man has voted for your crowd for decades, follow the money oraisteach.

I have no gra for Trump but killory is the most repugnant, obnoxious piece of shite ever to run for president, both are crap but Hillary is an even more odious piece of shite.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.