Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Great fight again. Let's hope they go for a third one!

JimStynes

Quote from: omaghjoe on September 16, 2018, 05:22:47 AM
So you have a guy winning a fight by 4 rounds but its bollocks that its a robbery that he didn't get the decision?

He did say that all the rounds were razor thin.

I had it GGG but very close.

heganboy

Aw now c'mon. GGG has got to be feeling like a blind man could have called that. You say the margins were thin but you are still clear the margins were his.

Someone bought and paid for that, question is who?

Oh wait trilogy- no way, who'd have thunk it...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

omaghjoe

Quote from: JimStynes on September 16, 2018, 05:25:32 AM
So you have a guy winning a fight by 4 rounds but its bollocks that its a robbery that he didn't get the decision?

He did say that all the rounds were razor thin.

I had it GGG but very close.

Likewise, but we all had Golovkin.... and he lost.
Its the definition of robbery

gallsman

Yes. Every single round was razor close. You do understand how boxing is scored, yes?

I gave him those four. A punch here and there and somebody else gives them to Canelo. There are world champion boxers who scored it 8-4 to Canelo. There are others who did the same for GGG.

For it to be a robbery, GGG would have to have won clearly. When you acknowledge that the rounds were incredibly close, it's impossible to win clearly.

gallsman

Quote from: heganboy on September 16, 2018, 05:25:50 AM
Aw now c'mon. GGG has got to be feeling like a blind man could have called that. You say the margins were thin but you are still clear the margins were his.

Someone bought and paid for that, question is who?

Oh wait trilogy- no way, who'd have thunk it...

Oh ffs, bought and paid for?

I'm clear the margins were his. I could conceivably watch it again tomorrow and score it differently.

omaghjoe

Quote from: gallsman on September 16, 2018, 05:31:16 AM

Yes. Every single round was razor close. You do understand how boxing is scored, yes?

I gave him those four. A punch here and there and somebody else gives them to Canelo. There are world champion boxers who scored it 8-4 to Canelo. There are others who did the same for GGG.

For it to be a robbery, GGG would have to have won clearly. When you acknowledge that the rounds were incredibly close, it's impossible to win clearly.

Thanks for your definition of robbery I will spread the word around the forum to send you a PM next time anyone wants to use it on this thread to ensure that it meets your strict subjective standards.

gallsman

The absolute state of you.

Walter Cronc

Oh to have the knowledge of Gallsman.

gallsman

Quote from: Walter Cronc on September 16, 2018, 07:41:47 AM

It's nothing to do with knowledge. It's about the capacity to objectively think about what you've just watched.

A fighter lost a razor thin decision. That's it.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: gallsman on September 16, 2018, 10:35:45 AM

It's nothing to do with knowledge. It's about the capacity to objectively think about what you've just watched.

No doubting your ability to think objectively. Just the manner of dismissing the views of others.

gallsman

Quote from: Walter Cronc on September 16, 2018, 12:42:09 PM
Quote from: gallsman on September 16, 2018, 10:35:45 AM

No doubting your ability to think objectively. Just the manner of dismissing the views of others.

Dismissing biased, nonsensical views that refuse to contemplate an alternative point of view? Guilty as charged.

heganboy

Ok in cold light of day...

The purse and PPV revenue for round 3 will be enormous and the longer they let it stew the higher the money it will rise. 

Alvarez got 55% of last night's purse if I remember correctly.

Still think GGG had it by 3/4 rounds.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

bennydorano

I reckon Povetkin has a very good chance of knocking out Joshua next weekend, was checking the betting and a round by round KO for Povetkin ranges from a minimum of 50/1 to a max of 100/. Thinking of backing him in every round for something different.

nrico2006

The bias of the commentators would have led you to believe that Alvarez was coasting the first half of the fight and that staying off the ropes should equal points for Alvarez
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'