The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Quote from: heganboy on October 09, 2015, 02:38:15 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on October 09, 2015, 02:21:38 PM
f**k, you're easily swayed by some snake oil salesman jibber jabber!

I'm in Irishman, living in the US, supporting an English soccer team I never played for, from a city in which I have never lived, with players I have never met and a German manager I don't know. My mood is known to change depending on how they do against another 11 strangers from all over the world playing for other english clubs. I think the jibber jabber is the least of my problems.

GAA is so much simpler.

LOL

deiseach

I'm in Irishman, living in the US, supporting an English soccer team I never played for, from a city in which I have never lived, with players I have never met and a German manager I don't know. My mood is known to change depending on how they do against another 11 strangers from all over the world playing for other english clubs. I think the jibber jabber is the least of my problems.

GAA is so much simpler.

That is a thing of terrible beauty.

mikehunt

Quote from: laoislad on October 09, 2015, 11:35:49 AM
Quote from: Bingo on October 09, 2015, 11:21:47 AM
The normal one.

Didn't see it but from reading the quotes on twitter he played a blinder.

Unreal amount of positivity about for this one. Might work, might not but will be fun and is a real feel the FSG have finally cottoned on that they need to be ambitious and without doubt his appointment would appear to have unified everyone from the outset which hasn't happened in long time.

Roll on the next game.
Reading some of the forums there are a lot of fans thinking this is going to be an instant fix.
I doubt it will be and I think its going to take a bit for it all to settle down and have the team playing the way he wants.
As you say though it should be fun one way or the other!
Totally agree. He's a good one but there aren't many leaders in the squad. One thing we dudnt have but brrndan reckoned we had was character. Itll take him time. Anything will be better than the shite of the last year.

blewuporstuffed

GAA is so much simpler.

;D
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

PW Nally

GAA is so much simpler.
Brilliant

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: mikehunt on October 09, 2015, 03:05:32 PM
Quote from: laoislad on October 09, 2015, 11:35:49 AM
Quote from: Bingo on October 09, 2015, 11:21:47 AM
The normal one.

Didn't see it but from reading the quotes on twitter he played a blinder.

Unreal amount of positivity about for this one. Might work, might not but will be fun and is a real feel the FSG have finally cottoned on that they need to be ambitious and without doubt his appointment would appear to have unified everyone from the outset which hasn't happened in long time.

Roll on the next game.
Reading some of the forums there are a lot of fans thinking this is going to be an instant fix.
I doubt it will be and I think its going to take a bit for it all to settle down and have the team playing the way he wants.
As you say though it should be fun one way or the other!
Totally agree. He's a good one but there aren't many leaders in the squad. One thing we dudnt have but brrndan reckoned we had was character. Itll take him time. Anything will be better than the shite of the last year.

Itll be like a half hour into the next match when the initial excitement has settled down, youll see the fans look at each other and say "hang on, we're still sh1te"!!  ;D

dec

https://twitter.com/BVB/status/652219055940747264/photo/1

Borussia Dortmund ‏@BVB
We heard the news today, oh boy! All the best at The Kop, Jürgen Klopp! All the best at @LFC! #klopplfc

Armamike

We missed out on big Sam though - snubbed us for Sunderland.

Klopp sounds the part and it's easy to see how he's managed to get the best from players. Smart guy. He'll make Liverpool competitive playing high tempo stuff, which will suit the premier league.  He should also be able to attract higher quality.  Also think he's more substance than style compared to Rodgers.  Rodgers never got the fact that teams need to be built from the back with a strong spine and too many of his signings lacked real substance.  Klopp's outlook will be more pragmatic.  Whether it will be good enough to win a title, hard to say with moneybags clubs in Manchester and London.  But it should be enough to capitalise on any slip ups or self implosions ala Chelsea this season.

That's just, like your opinion man.

StGallsGAA

You have to wonder...is he genuinely that happy at the prospect of Liverpool or just can't help laughing at £6M in the bank no matter what!?  :))

Gabriel_Hurl

Carmen Stateside

Missed most of the excitement during the week due to work.  Impressive appointment by FSG.  No doubt its going to take some time but it will be quite the journey, the man will be a breath of fresh air for a stale premier league.  Now for Reus! ..... oh and by the way     Its back on!

screenexile

Woy gets his revenge on Liverpool giving Danny Ings his first cap meaning Liverpool will have to fork over another £5m odd to Burnley for his services!!!

stew

Quote from: screenexile on October 12, 2015, 09:11:03 PM
Woy gets his revenge on Liverpool giving Danny Ings his first cap meaning Liverpool will have to fork over another £5m odd to Burnley for his services!!!

Roy is a gobshite but I love him for this.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: screenexile on October 12, 2015, 09:11:03 PM
I don't understand the logic of this.
why should getting an England cap now after he has left burnley increase the price?
How long are they going to delay this tribunal decision? Maybe if the wait until after the Euros they could get another few million?
If he turns out to be crap do Liverpool get money back?
Seems a joke of a situation
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

brokencrossbar1

Playing for England will have no bearing on his transfer. It is based on his value at the time of transfer and the likelihood is that he would have been expected to play for England at some stage. It normally takes around 3 months. It will be between £8m and £10m.