Rule change on the way for kick-outs?

Started by Jinxy, January 13, 2017, 10:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: rrhf on January 13, 2017, 09:00:20 PM
They need to remove rules not make more.

Midfielders as in the old days are extinct. Restart after a goal with a hop in the centrefield. All other restarts are by kick out from hand.

Lad you just said no new rules and in next sentence you're proposing a new one!

Fear ón Srath Bán

All this fooking and faffing around with the symptoms, and not all of them phantom -- with the much greater levels of fitness these days there should be no more than 13 players on each side on the pitch, and that would cure at a stroke the perceived malaises at the heart of today's games.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Itchy on January 13, 2017, 08:09:32 PM
How about the goalie shoots the ball out of a canon for a kick out. Canon must be supplied by O Neill's and will have 3 settings - normal, pearse stadium and u12.

;D Will the canon be allowed to have 3 stripes on the side of it or just 2, this is the key thing.  :P
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Syferus

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on January 14, 2017, 01:49:38 AM
All this fooking and faffing around with the symptoms, and not all of them phantom -- with the much greater levels of fitness these days there should be no more than 13 players on each side on the pitch, and that would cure at a stroke the perceived malaises at the heart of today's games.

How the feck will two less players stop sledging?

vallankumous

Syferus

Quote from: vallankumous on January 14, 2017, 09:16:25 AM
Quote from: Syferus on January 14, 2017, 08:43:06 AM

How the feck will two less players stop sledging?

Four less players.

I was talking specifically about Tyrone. I want to know why they need 15 players to implement the tactic..

theticklemister

What about bringing back Dev to throw the ball into centre field after every score

vallankumous

Quote from: Syferus on January 14, 2017, 09:35:54 AM

I was talking specifically about Tyrone. I want to know why they need 15 players to implement the tactic..

Most teams base tactics on 15 players.

Hardy

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on January 14, 2017, 06:16:20 AM
Quote from: Itchy on January 13, 2017, 08:09:32 PM
How about the goalie shoots the ball out of a canon for a kick out. Canon must be supplied by O Neill's and will have 3 settings - normal, pearse stadium and u12.

;D Will the canon be allowed to have 3 stripes on the side of it or just 2, this is the key thing.  :P

I suppose it's a step forward from the bishop throwing in balls to the Canon is having balls shot out of him.

Hardy

6th sam

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on January 14, 2017, 01:49:38 AM

I think 13 a side makes sense on so many levels, and moving to 13-a-side would be forward thinking strategic decision to strengthen our games.

Reasons for:
1.More room, favours the flare players.
2.Less risk of contact injury
3.Emphasis on speed , mobility, as opposed to current tendency to promote size/bulk, cf rugby concerns re bulkier players leading to more serious injury(we are going the same way)
4.Means there is a place on the team for smaller skilful players, Then For smaller clubs who can't field a team of 6ft+ athletes , it levels the playing field. Similarly the current drive to bigger athletes relatively advantages counties with bigger GAA playing populations.
5.Easier to field teams Eg junior clubs, reserves, underage teams.
6.With the current tendency for smaller clubs playing 13 a side at underage, it means they would be better prepared for senior football which would also be 13-a-side.
7.Easier for referees
8.Decreased costs @ county and club level Eg transport ,pitch wear, jerseys ,player injury costs .
9. Likely to increase participation by securing current clubs , possibly resurrecting old clubs or allowing new clubs to develop, and current clubs adding 2nds,3rds teams etc, not to speak
Of making the games more attractive for all builds and ages of players, including less risk of injury
10.Most importantly of all it secures several small clubs which will be under pressure of folding in upcoming years due to demographic and social changes- the club in every community/parish concept is the bedrock of the GAA compared to other sports.

Several understandable rules improvements, and other issues in recent years have hit the smaller rural clubs hard Eg costs, demographics, governance regulations, county minors not allowed to play senior club, u17s not allowed to play senior. Changing to 13-a-side would reinvigorate our games throughout the country!

haranguerer

Bollocks. 15 is the right number - a ridiculous amount of ground to cover for 13.

Promoting 13 a side is just a lazy solution imo. It won't fix any of the problems mentioned, and will create a host more. Tactically gaa has a long way to go, but currently its clear that most of the pitch isn't used, which is why we see the bunching. Forward systems and runs in particular are by and large shite, and only use a small part of that area, making it easy for sweepers and hard for themselves.

Rossfan

When I see a post starting off with "Bollocks" I despair....
How about "I disagree"?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

haranguerer

How about you write your posts and I'll write mine?

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM