Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Ray looks out on his feet! Done really well to survive the last round.

gallsman

Some comeback in the three rounds since. Your man is tough as old boots. Moylette would have to keep his foot on the gas to steal it and I'm not sure if he has much left.

Harold Disgracey

Good fight, hard to call a winner. Possibly all down to the final minute!

Harold Disgracey

I think the Mexican won for what it's worth 

From the Bunker

Mexican looked just that bit better.

gallsman

Yeah, Burnett and Spike talking a bit of shite on commentary. 96-92 means that judge gave the 9 rounds without a knockdown 5-4 to Uruzquieta. Don't think Moylette can feel too hard done by that.

Medic

Oleksandr Usyk | THE MAN TO BEAT ANTHONY JOSHUA?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcqipioo7aw
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

Hound

Quote from: gallsman on December 03, 2018, 04:17:30 PM
No, you absolutely do not have to pick a winner. Judges not having the balls to call rounds draws is half the problem.
In practice, for world title fights with any of the 4 major organsiations, you do have to pick a winner. Judges are under instruction to do so. 10-10s happen, but in less than 1% of rounds scored.

bennydorano

Jono Carroll was lucky with his draw verdict last night

JoG2

Watched a repeat of the Lomanchenko fight at the weekend. What an operator. That flurry of headshots in Rd 11 was relentless. Great scrap

nrico2006

Quote from: JoG2 on December 12, 2018, 01:10:43 PM
Watched a repeat of the Lomanchenko fight at the weekend. What an operator. That flurry of headshots in Rd 11 was relentless. Great scrap

He is in the top 2 best I have ever seen.  The other being RJJ.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: JoG2 on December 12, 2018, 01:10:43 PM

He's scarily good. 13 Pro Fights and Arum has stated that he's only looking challenges going forward  ;D

bennydorano

Fielding 8/1 v Alvarez 1/14 tonight.

I'm guessing the bookies think defending Champion Fielding's natural weight, reach and height advantages are not gonna matter a shite.

Live on Sky.

Boycey

Hard to see him troubling Canelo in all honesty. Genuinely didn't know Katie was on the card until I just read it on rte.ie, wonder what kind of purse she makes at this stage?

STREET FIGHTER

Surely Big Rocky hasn't a chance when we've see how quick Callum Smith got him out.........

Any Idea of ring walk time?