The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: stew on January 18, 2017, 03:07:39 PM
Quote from: screenexile on January 18, 2017, 02:25:35 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 18, 2017, 02:08:33 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 17, 2017, 10:27:05 PM
There will be some crying now Chelsea Manning's sentence has been commuted.

I thought the whole wikileaks thing was now considered heroic on the right?

Yeah they all love wikileaks now since it helped them win the election... you couldn't make it up!!!

Meanwhile at the ranch, The President of the US commutes the sentence of someone who sold state secrets, some of you have no shame ffs! Forget republican or Democrat for the moment, who the f**k does that? and how can you justify it?

If the American people are not outraged about this what would it take to get them outraged???

1. Did Manning sell this info or merely leak it?

2. I've mixed feelings about the likes of Manning and Snowden. Is it such a bad thing if the whistle is blown on government cover-ups of military f**k-ups and misconduct and warrant-less phone tapping and the likes? Outing agents and so forth is a different matter.

Declan

QuoteMeanwhile at the ranch, The President of the US commutes the sentence of someone who sold state secrets, some of you have no shame ffs! Forget republican or Democrat for the moment, who the f**k does that? and how can you justify it?

If the American people are not outraged about this what would it take to get them outraged??

My understanding is that they weren't top secret so therefore not risking lives when the information became known to the wider public. A guy on the radio this morning explained it as the information Manning leaked was available to a widespread audience and not marked top secret on the basis that it wasn't putting American lives in danger hence the surprise at the length of the original sentence so no real surprise that he was pardoned. Whereas Snowden is a different level?

The Iceman

Why was he pardoned though? Because he thinks he's a woman?
the internet is blowing up over this ha
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Declan

That liberal rag the NYT got it pretty spot on in terms of Obama's record on whistle blowers ;) ;)

Also here's the video produced with Manning's voice juxtaposed over the 'Collateral Murder' video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L79wWAFUqg

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

foxcommander

It's party time! First go on the piƱata for Donald.
Order restored... media, celebrities and political correctness put back in their boxes.

I wish I could watch CNN all day to watch them cry. That is TV gold.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

seafoid

Trump is a turd. I wonder how long before his voters realise it was a scam.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

magpie seanie

Quote from: seafoid on January 20, 2017, 04:17:29 PM

I think buyers remorse is already kicking in. Lowest approval rating for a President at inauguration in history. I give him two years, max. Lets hope he doesn't do too much damage in that time.

armaghniac

Is there any hope still that he'll announce that he was only running for the craic?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

stew

Obama was a scam, Clinton would have been a scam, people who did not like him because your candidate was a turd, neither candidate was worth a shit, I hope he proves me long, best of luck President Trump.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

give her dixie

Quote from: stew on January 20, 2017, 04:37:54 PM

Obama was a scam, Clinton would have been a scam, people who did not like him because your candidate was a turd, neither candidate was worth a shit, I hope he proves me long, best of luck President Trump.

Is that you Stew in the 3rd row?
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

gallsman

Always amazes me how there can be so much God bothering at a presidential inauguration.

AZOffaly

This is a hard watch. He's not a very impressive speaker. He keeps saying the same thing over and over again, in different ways.

AZOffaly

Good luck to the new President. Hopefully he does a great job, and none of our fears come through.

I have no problem with somebody putting their own country first. That's no more than you would expect.

give her dixie

Quote from: gallsman on January 20, 2017, 04:46:20 PM
Always amazes me how there can be so much God bothering at a presidential inauguration.

Religious fundamentalists ........
next stop, September 10, for number 4......