Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STREET FIGHTER

Can anybody recommend any hotels at home here in Ireland for a family break please?

Thanks

SF

Armamike

Amber Springs in Gorey in Wexford is very family oriented with play parks, play areas, animal farm etc.  Gorey's a nice place with some good restaurants.

Kelly's in Rosslare has a good reputation though i've never been.  Hard to get a booking in it.
That's just, like your opinion man.

maddog

Quote from: JimStynes on August 10, 2022, 11:54:48 AM
I'm for Paris next week. Going by what I'm reading all covid checks have been lifted? Anyone been to france recently that can confirm this. Also any Paris experts out there that can help with an itinerary?

Was in France in July and while there is a higher rate of people wearing masks in shops etc i didnt notice any actual restrictions

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Armamike on August 10, 2022, 12:10:36 PM
Amber Springs in Gorey in Wexford is very family oriented with play parks, play areas, animal farm etc.  Gorey's a nice place with some good restaurants.

Kelly's in Rosslare has a good reputation though i've never been.  Hard to get a booking in it.

Thanks for this

trailer

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on August 10, 2022, 02:29:48 PM
Quote from: Armamike on August 10, 2022, 12:10:36 PM

Thanks for this

Amber springs very good. Food was very good last time I was there.
Kelly's is almost impossible to get into to.

ONeill

I'm for Paris next week. Going by what I'm reading all covid checks have been lifted? Anyone been to france recently that can confirm this. Also any Paris experts out there that can help with an itinerary?

The graveyard is fantastic.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on August 10, 2022, 02:49:34 PM

The graveyard is fantastic.

Any Graveyard or is there a specific one?

Watching the Agency on Netflix, they are a Parisian family who sell property in Paris very good and so much better than the other crap like Selling Sunset.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Most of the graveyards in Paris are well kept and provide ideal atmospheres for strolling.

Père-Lachaise is particularly nice.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

JimStynes

Seems to be I need to have tickets pre booked so I need to get an itinerary booked.

Wednesday evening
-food
-Eiffel Tower

Thursday
-Arc de tri, champs elysees, Lourve, evening Montmatre

Friday
-Disney all day and night!

Saturday
-Versailles
-Seine cruise

Sunday
-catacombs
-breakfast
-lunch Eiffel Tower
-checked out airport

Rois

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on August 10, 2022, 12:04:46 PM
Can anybody recommend any hotels at home here in Ireland for a family break please?

Thanks

SF
We're going down to Fota Island in a few weeks. Seems to be fairly family friendly, or so we hope.

imtommygunn

A friend of mine just back from there with his three kids - he said it was great. Druids glen too.

Dire Ear

Rostrevor area...anything to do there?   Thanks

imtommygunn

It's just beside Newcastle... soft play, amusements, beach, play park in Newcastle. There may be swimming but it was shut with COVID last I was there. Then there's the mournes and tollymore.

AustinPowers

Has anyone  been to the Michael Cusack centre in Co Clare? Is it  worth  visiting ?

grounded

Quote from: Dire Ear on August 10, 2022, 09:00:18 PM
Rostrevor area...anything to do there?   Thanks

What age range? And what are you interested in Activities, sight seeing, restaurants ?

Kilbroney Park. Has lots on offer. One of the best Mountain bike trails in Ireland. Lots of walking/hiking options as well. Within the park itself there is the Narnia trail and kids play parks/tennis courts etc.

The East coast adventure centre offer lots of water based activities(based in Warrenpoint).

Saint Bronagh's bell, an cloch mor, Ross monument, narrow water castle, Greencastle, Saint Patrick's trail

You just missed the fiddlers green festival but still live music on in some of the pubs during the week. (I think Warrenpoint festival startung this weekend ) Quite a few restaurants as well to choose from and all pretty good.

Given the nice weather Cranfield nicest blue flag beach closest but you can still dip in Rostrevor at the pier or Warrenpoint.front shore.