You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Windmill abu

QuoteMaybe this is the thread for this ...

When NASA started sending astronauts into space, they quickly discovered that ballpoint pens would not work in zero gravity. To combat this problem, NASA scientists spent a decade and $12 billion developing a pen that writes in zero gravity , upside-down, on almost any surface including glass and at temperatures ranging from below freezing to over 300 degC. The Russians used a pencil.  Taxes, don't you love em?

Small pieces of pencil lead breaking off in zero gravity and getting caught in onboard equipment was too big a risk, so the russians  like the americans used a pen instead
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Rois

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 10, 2010, 12:14:05 PM
Maybe this is the thread for this ...

When NASA started sending astronauts into space, they quickly discovered that ballpoint pens would not work in zero gravity. To combat this problem, NASA scientists spent a decade and $12 billion developing a pen that writes in zero gravity , upside-down, on almost any surface including glass and at temperatures ranging from below freezing to over 300 degC. The Russians used a pencil.  Taxes, don't you love em?  ;D

Ah but someone emailed into BBC Breakfast this morning saying that pencil shavings and bits of lead floating around would cause more damage than it was worth in a gravity-free environment.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Rois on June 10, 2010, 12:56:01 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on June 10, 2010, 12:14:05 PM
Maybe this is the thread for this ...

When NASA started sending astronauts into space, they quickly discovered that ballpoint pens would not work in zero gravity. To combat this problem, NASA scientists spent a decade and $12 billion developing a pen that writes in zero gravity , upside-down, on almost any surface including glass and at temperatures ranging from below freezing to over 300 degC. The Russians used a pencil.  Taxes, don't you love em?  ;D

Ah but someone emailed into BBC Breakfast this morning saying that pencil shavings and bits of lead floating around would cause more damage than it was worth in a gravity-free environment.

You were panicking for a minute there Rois that they might stop collecting taxes for you to count??  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Bing Crosby . on June 10, 2010, 12:04:50 PM
When my two bitches are sucking the c**k and balls off of me it really grinds my gears when one of them gets greedy and swallows the lot.
The Golden Retriever or the Border Collie?

Rois

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 10, 2010, 12:57:57 PM
You were panicking for a minute there Rois that they might stop collecting taxes for you to count??  ;)

Oh Billy if only I were counting taxes at the minute...sadly my knowledge of the pencil/pen episode is due to listening to breakfast tv while stuck in a hotel as I work on the big bailout. 

Celt_Man

Quote from: ziggysego on June 10, 2010, 11:43:32 AM
Hayfever

I hear ya Ziggy, only have gotten it in the last few summers... some dose altogether
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

EagleLord

2 of my friends have it bad. My woman's is mild but her brother is ket with the hayfever altogether. I really really feel for people who have it, not being able to enjoy summer in its full capacity must be really hard. Tears comin from my womans brothers eyes, all swell up and all, really felt for him. Rememember years ago too, we all used to watch the silage when we were wee bucks, and some of the boys couldnt even come in the feild. Hateful hateful thing it must be.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Louth Exile on June 09, 2010, 05:48:47 PM
Somebody else may have posted this before, I would imagine so anyway, but...

People asking what time is kick off in relation to a match instead of throw in!!

I have little to worry about, I know!

Ah I love it when the taxi man asks you that, as after your initial mocking rant you can enjoy the sights and sounds on the street in peace and quiet...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Catch the high ball

When you are watching Soccer/Football/Hurling and someone walks into the room and asks what the score is. Its on the f**kin screen you knob.
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

Louth Exile

Quote from: Catch the high ball on June 10, 2010, 06:37:24 PM
When you are watching Soccer/Football/Hurling and someone walks into the room and asks what the score is. Its on the f**kin screen you knob.

:D :D  Armagh V Kerry semi final (was it 02) went to extra time. We were enjoying some corporate hospitality. One of the lads with us turns round to me during the second period of ET and asks me whos winning!!!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Ludraman

Medals what genius came up with dat idea? You can drink form a cup so der is some point there but wtf good are medals.

haranguerer

Quote from: Louth Exile on June 10, 2010, 07:23:42 PM

:D :D  Armagh V Kerry semi final (was it 02) went to extra time. We were enjoying some corporate hospitality. One of the lads with us turns round to me during the second period of ET and asks me whos winning....and i said, why are you asking me, sure I dont even know whos playing...

Is that what you were thinking HS   :P :D

Louth Exile

Quote from: hardstation on June 10, 2010, 10:06:03 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on June 10, 2010, 09:58:37 PM
Quote from: Louth Exile on June 10, 2010, 07:23:42 PM

:D :D  Armagh V Kerry semi final (was it 02) went to extra time. We were enjoying some corporate hospitality. One of the lads with us turns round to me during the second period of ET and asks me whos winning....and i said, why are you asking me, sure I dont even know whos playing...

Is that what you were thinking HS   :P :D
No, more - "Why are you asking me, sure I don't even know what year it is..."
I think he is 2 years out.

Why was he asking me who was winning, sure I couldn't even get the year right  :D Yes I meant to put in 2000, wouldn't mind, but I was stone cold sober at the 02 final
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

maggie

Having a sneezing bout when driving-can you get Hayfever, even if you never had it before in your life?
My eyes are streaming today.

Also people who use 'dis' and 'dat' in messages.