You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

Pretty much par for the course in the Summerhill part of the city and slowly spreading to the suburbs.
Remember reading that this is a new urban phenomenon in the developed world and sociologists and others are trying to rationalize it. One theory is that it is a result of multi generational unemployment.

Prefer the bone idle explanation myself.

Zapatista

If you can't get me on the phone leave a fecking message rather than phone me 5 times in the space of a few minutes. Either that or send a text. There isa a reason I'm not answering the phone.

JohnDenver

People that don't answer the phone, even if its just to tell you they'll ring you back because they're busy.  :P

haranguerer

Quote from: Onion Bag on January 15, 2010, 09:36:35 AM
Women in Belfast running round in their PJ's @ 6pm, called into a filling station yesterday evening and there was 3 of them standing in the shopin their PJ's, slippers, and dressing gowns, with their big Hoop ear rings, WTF

Did any of you see the Nolan show about a yr or 2 ago - this was one of the issues, and he'd invited a few of them in - they were all in the front row in their pjs - suffice to say they didnt come out of it well - they never should have been allowed to defend themselves!!

Cant find a link unfortunately - its hilarious and mind-boggling in equal measures...

Treasurer

I encountered one such lady strolling around Tesco in Tullamore in a pair of pink fluffy pj's, complemented with giant bunny rabbit slippers. 

ziggysego

Quote from: haranguerer on January 15, 2010, 03:43:12 PM
Quote from: Onion Bag on January 15, 2010, 09:36:35 AM
Women in Belfast running round in their PJ's @ 6pm, called into a filling station yesterday evening and there was 3 of them standing in the shopin their PJ's, slippers, and dressing gowns, with their big Hoop ear rings, WTF

Did any of you see the Nolan show about a yr or 2 ago - this was one of the issues, and he'd invited a few of them in - they were all in the front row in their pjs - suffice to say they didnt come out of it well - they never should have been allowed to defend themselves!!

Cant find a link unfortunately - its hilarious and mind-boggling in equal measures...

Yeah, I remember watching. Didn't know whether to laugh or be horrified  :D
Testing Accessibility

vav

There was a woman in the bookies the other day in her pyjamas and dressing gown.. but what I don't understand is - she went to the trouble of doing her hair and putting make-up on WTF didn't she get dressed before she left the house too  >:(

fitzroyalty

laceer

People writing "here here" when they mean "hear hear"

ziggysego

Quote from: vav on January 15, 2010, 04:19:24 PM
There was a woman in the bookies the other day in her pyjamas and dressing gown.. but what I don't understand is - she went to the trouble of doing her hair and putting make-up on WTF didn't she get dressed before she left the house too  >:(

Apparently those aren't the PJs they sleep in. They get dressed into them for going out or about the house. Weird
Testing Accessibility

leenie

That the weekend doesn't start here for me........ >:(
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Zapatista on January 15, 2010, 03:08:06 PM
If you can't get me on the phone leave a fecking message rather than phone me 5 times in the space of a few minutes. Either that or send a text. There isa a reason I'm not answering the phone.
Should try having my mother - I could go to the shower now and come out to 6 or 7 missed calls and 3 voicemail messages - each one of them requesting a call back with an urgency that suggests someone has died.  And she would have tried the house phone 6 or 7 times as well!

I was going to work one morning and went in to sainsburys and there was a man in front of me in the queue in his pyjamas and there was a big rip down one leg, there wasn't much left to the imagination.  I was wondering what he could possibly need so urgently at 8 O'Clock in the morning that he had to run out to the shop in his pyjamas, the answer, lotto tickets.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Gaffer

What about people in Shopping Centres with big ear pieces attached cos they own a mobile phone . Wow Wee !!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Gaffer on January 16, 2010, 12:44:35 AM
What about people in Shopping Centres with big ear pieces attached cos they own a mobile phone . Wow Wee !!!
Or the people who shout the phones making sure everyone can hear their conversation so that they'll know what an obviously important person they are.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?