You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidelineKick

Quote from: Onion Bag on October 14, 2009, 03:03:53 PM
Quote from: SidelineKick on October 14, 2009, 02:54:38 PM
Quote from: Onion Bag on October 14, 2009, 02:39:51 PM
Im going to make a 'withdrawal' of my 'statement'  :D

I will monitor this situation with interest.

I will check every now an again.

;D

Im sure you will do a 'sterling' job, and the board will be in 'safe' hands

Indeed I will, any foul play and I will bounce you out the door.  Either that or order you to stand in the naughty corner. Or as I like to call it, giving you a Standing Order.

PS I could also hit you a good slap with a branch.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Onion Bag

Im going to go home to the wife and 'teller' about Sidelinekick and the agrresive 'lodgments' he is making on the board,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

High Wide and Handsome

a response with interest there onion. and when you talking to the wife, advisor to stay away from the ulster bank. slk is a user.
"Swing er over!"

SidelineKick

Reported.

haranguerer

'cheque' not 'check'. US spellings grind my gears...

SidelineKick

Quote from: haranguerer on October 14, 2009, 05:05:34 PM
'cheque' not 'check'. US spellings grind my gears...

Yeah I know that but would look funny saying "I'll cheque every now and again"  :-\

Reported.

Canalman

Hate Pub Quizes with a vengeance. Usually dragged along on a weekday night as a favour to someone. They always start at least 45 mins late and then agonizingly stop half way through for the raffle. The "funny answers"  are absolutely cringeworthy.

The presence of the "sharks" always cracks me up as they intensely zero in on the 1st prize of E100 between all 4 of them. Clowns one and all.

Glad to get this one off my chest.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Canalman on October 14, 2009, 05:47:04 PM
Hate Pub Quizes with a vengeance. Usually dragged along on a weekday night as a favour to someone. They always start at least 45 mins late and then agonizingly stop half way through for the raffle. The "funny answers"  are absolutely cringeworthy.

The presence of the "sharks" always cracks me up as they intensely zero in on the 1st prize of E100 between all 4 of them. Clowns one and all.

Glad to get this one off my chest.
Tell the truth, you can't answer any questions.

maggie

Getting shampoo in your eyes when washing your hair and then rubbing more in cause its on your hands as well.

Onion Bag

maggie

Cheers, that pic is a good likeness of my expression.

Onion Bag

But yeh, have to agree, nothing as bad as Shampoo in the old eyes, its a killer

maddog

Several people i work with (this involves a bit of inter departmental bitching / rivalry) have a habit of having a pop at our department and on every single occasion they have copied in on email the higher echelons of management etc when the said persons are 20 feet away and could just walk over and ask the individual concerned. And on each occasion they have been shown to be talking out of their asses. Initially we just proved them wrong and replied to them alone, but after several failed attempts at exposing our department we have replied each time copying in all the original recipients. How many times does a person have to be made look stupid before they will cease their little attacks ? Obviously around 20 isn't enough :D
Does anyone else get this in their work place ?

The recession and imminent further redundancies has created much job envy. If they copped themselves on and pulled in one direction we would have a better chance of survival.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: maddog on October 15, 2009, 01:04:18 PM
Several people i work with (this involves a bit of inter departmental bitching / rivalry) have a habit of having a pop at our department and on every single occasion they have copied in on email the higher echelons of management etc when the said persons are 20 feet away and could just walk over and ask the individual concerned. And on each occasion they have been shown to be talking out of their asses. Initially we just proved them wrong and replied to them alone, but after several failed attempts at exposing our department we have replied each time copying in all the original recipients. How many times does a person have to be made look stupid before they will cease their little attacks ? Obviously around 20 isn't enough :D
Does anyone else get this in their work place ?

The recession and imminent further redundancies has created much job envy. If they copped themselves on and pulled in one direction we would have a better chance of survival.

Happens in every company I've worked in. When some people feel the pressure coming on, instead of putting the head down and sorting their stuff out, they try and deflect, and think that if someone else looks bad, it elevates their position. Crazy logic imo.

Was at work here just a few weeks after I started. The guy who sits across the desk from me waits until the team meeting to tell me there was a certain job that was part of my duties that hadnt been carried out for weeks. So I asked him on front of everyone why he waited all week to tell me.

He ended up looking like an idiot, and got a lecture that he should have let me know about this sooner.
Hasta la victoria siempre

gerry

organising for a delivery too come on your day of (today) only to be told that there is a mix up and it will not be delivered.  Thats what you told me last thursday and the thursday before that
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,