You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzroyalty

Item that normally retails at £130. Attempt to purchase said item on ebay, but outbid. Proceed to amazon and purchase item for £99 plus postage. Receive email this morning from ebay being offered second chance to purchase item for £70! RITEEEEEEE

Doogie Browser

wHEN YOU ARE BUSY TYPING AN EMAIL, AND REALISE THAT CAPS LOCK IS NOT TURNED OFF UNTIL YOU ARE ALMOST FINI...f**k!

full back

Quote from: Doogie Browser on August 25, 2009, 04:15:10 PM
wHEN YOU ARE BUSY TYPING AN EMAIL, AND REALISE THAT CAPS LOCK IS NOT TURNED OFF UNTIL YOU ARE ALMOST FINI...f**k!

Good call Doogie
Does my f**king head in...........if I could only look at the screen while typing :'(

blewuporstuffed

drives me mad aswell!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

saffron sam2

Spending half an hour on the phone to some fuckwit in a call centre and having to tell him at least ten times "You have told me that already and you are still wrong". Idiot was lucky I am in good form because I get to go back to work tomorrow.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

ziggysego

There is a way to highlight the text and invert the text from caps to non-caps. I forget how though...
Testing Accessibility

rolloutking

Managers and players who say 'step up to the plate' to try and get you to player better...like what the f**k...what plate are they on about....is it a dinner plate

The way the media calls every single scandel that happens 'something gate' in reference to the Watergate affair. Such as the way the fake blood incident with Harlequins is being referred to as 'BloodGate'. I remember a few months ago 'ExpensesGate' was doing the rounds in the paper. Like for f**k sake the whole 'gate' thing is played out now.

QuoteThere is a way to highlight the text and invert the text from caps to non-caps. I forget how though...

Shift +F3

Sigerson

Quote from: rolloutking on August 26, 2009, 04:03:32 PM
Managers and players who say 'step up to the plate' to try and get you to player better...like what the f**k...what plate are they on about....is it a dinner plate

The way the media calls every single scandel that happens 'something gate' in reference to the Watergate affair. Such as the way the fake blood incident with Harlequins is being referred to as 'BloodGate'. I remember a few months ago 'ExpensesGate' was doing the rounds in the paper. Like for f**k sake the whole 'gate' thing is played out now.

QuoteThere is a way to highlight the text and invert the text from caps to non-caps. I forget how though...

Shift +F3

Pizza-gate: the time someone from Arsenal threw a pizza at Purple Nose.
Manuel- Gate: Time Ross and Brand done the prank phone call.

That really grinds my gears as well.

Puckoon

The insertion of "like" in sentences as a filler word.

ziggysego

The pills for my back pain are now giving me chest pains.  >:(
Testing Accessibility

SidelineKick

Quote from: Puckoon on August 26, 2009, 04:34:38 PM
The insertion of "like" in sentences as a filler word.

I know what you mean, like, there's no call for it at all.

Quote from: ziggysego on August 26, 2009, 04:36:03 PM

Jesus Ziggy you couldnt write this stuff! Have a couple of hot whiskeys.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Sigerson

Quote from: ziggysego on August 26, 2009, 04:36:03 PM

Zig my woman, hands off, had an ear infection, anyway docs gave her some tablets for it now she has a chest infection. Weird.

SidelineKick

Quote from: SouthDerryGael on August 26, 2009, 05:28:39 PM

Copy and paste the e-mail to Microsoft wood, then choose 'toos' option in the toolbar (it think its that one) then go to 'lowercase' and it changes all the words to lower case for you.

Does it spell check them too?

Reported.

SidelineKick

Quote from: SouthDerryGael on August 26, 2009, 05:39:56 PM
Haha  :-[ SK , in all honesty I'm a lazy b**tard, I have google chrome and it has a spell check on it so I shouldn't even be making wee mistakes!

:D you weren't to know I'm on the Spelling and Grammar policing board.

Reported.

Treasurer